Misbah has been harassed by Inzamam and tableeghi gang in Pakistan team

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Passionate Pakistani, Feb 8, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Watching = Makrooh

2. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Is it a sin?

3. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Entered this thread expecting something else but having to exit due to the turn its taken.

For all those questioning the halalness of cricket. I respectfully direct you the following ayat. I dont want to enter the debate about if cricket is halal or haram but see the below verse. I know its related to food but the message applies to this debate

Say, "Have you seen what Allah has sent down to you of provision of which you have made [some] lawful and [some] unlawful?" Say, "Has Allah permitted you [to do so], or do you invent [something] about Allah ?"

I urge you people debating it to ponder what you are saying and not make flippant remarks just for the sake of it.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 5
    • List
  4. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    The turn this thread has taken requires MR__KHAN__JI to come and lecture people about AQL. Come brother it is all set up for you.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  5. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
    Disliked, strongly.

6. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
  7. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    My friend I think you have not understood the mean of religion to say that it doesn't mix with sport. Religion is not about the way we worship or who we worship, Religion by its core moral code & conducts is a way to living ones life.

Anything that is part of ones life is part of his/her religion & the option of mixing thing with religion or not is an option not given to any human; even an atheist who religion to not believe in God will religiously follow his religion of never seeking help from God any everything. So anyone who say that religion must not be mixed with sport,politics,entertainment or etc must get his knowledge improved or checked.

• List
  8. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    I don't like this approach of just because we don't do something we must not have a good understanding about it or talk about it.

How many time in Quran Allah is talking to non-muslims, now Allah knows that Non-muslims will never or rarely read Quran then why does HE talk to them?

Those are great whose action precede the words but they are a minority among humans, most of us are those whose words precede their action & now when we stop talking about good then may be we will never act upon good that we are have forgotten about.

Accusing anyone without prove is a sin punishable by 80 painful lashes, so think before you accuse anyone of being Ghair Muqaladeen.

9. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
  10. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    What do you know? May be talking about religion on internet with those who think life is joke & all about cricket,FB, twitter & discussing worldly matter may be the way towards salvation.

Judgement is easy on other person religious believes but be a man & first judge yourselves.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 3
    • List
  11. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Even your inputs are missing here.

12. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011

Its a serious matter bro but personally i think this news is not right, as said earlier by iZaman bhai that Tableeghi jamat hardly force anything on anyone, neither inzy bhai seems or sounds a dictator, if he was a dictator, the first person to complain would have been Danish Kaneria.

Regarding Cricket as Halal or Haram, my knowledge is limited but i think of you play it as a profession then it is ok, if you watch it for fun then there should be a limit otherwise it will come in Makrooh.

13. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Everything can be considered the way toward salvation if taken in that regard.

14. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    I have never understood any of your posts. After this one, it still remains the case. My reading comprehension is not on the level of your writings.

15. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    If watching or playing cricket leads you to missing your Salah on purpose, then that act has denied you from following one of the five pillars of faith and we all know that's a major sin. However, everyone has their own reasons for doing something and only Allah knows what's in the hearts.

Religion cannot be enforced on someone and Halaal and Haraam are big words which should be carefully used.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 6
    • List
  16. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    I put it other way around & say for argument sake if Inzi was pushing misbah in regard to something why didn't misbah stood up made himself accountable by saying no on Inzi's face. Why go behind his back to hurt the the team's interest.

Same can be said about anyone who think that he is pushed or cornered by any group religious or not. If you can't stand-up for yourself or your believes than it better that you check your set of believes & practices, only weak believes will produce a weak followers.

Anything even a profession or personal thing which overtake your complete life is Haram in Islam. Allah has made this life with an objective.

We Muslim are best of the nations bless with the beautiful job of conveying the Message of Qur'an to others.

Ye (Muslims) are the best of peoples, evolved for Humanity, enjoining what is right, forbidding what is wrong, and believing in Allah. (Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #110)

And those who think that religion must be kept separate for everything else must read the above verse & ponder over the words " FOR HUMANITY".

• List
  17. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Philosophy is useless when utilized as an argument.

P.S: i was informed that you NEVER understood any of my post but when the time was correct to use your charm, you got the hang of my post, incredible but still possible I say.

18. iZaman

iZaman Talented

Apr 23, 2012
  19. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    So you agree that anything could possibly put you on the path to salvation?

What does that second part mean?

20. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    lots of lols.

Is Watching Cricket Halal?

What does Aql say?

Aql says that Cricket is halal until it becomes haraam.

When does it become Haraam? When you miss doing a compulsory act in Islam due to it. In the same way that if you did too much Salaat.

End of (I hope!).

But on the other hand... if the guys start wearing tight t-shirts or trousers and people start admiring the physiques a tad too much... then who knows...

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 4
    • List
  21. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010

You cant ask this question and not get philosophical.... but I am going to hold back....

22. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    What about the men who support Afridi solely on his looks? is that haram?

• List
  23. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    Even Aql has no answer for this....

We need some special level of Aql for the Legendary fans of the Pakistani legend!

• List
  24. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    I said philosophy as argument is useless; meaning that your thinking of all path leads to salvation is vain desires of those who want to teach Allah how to shape Islam.

Only way towards Salvation is Islam rest are hearsay & bigotry.

Second part was the mockery of your post stating that you can't understand my post but when needed you are able to understand it as per your desire but answer them back too.

Funny are those people who have no backbone.

25. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    That is what I meant by anything can lead to salvation, even something you don't contemplate leading you to Islam at the time can.

No, your post was very confusing, I couldn't quite grasp it. Especially the part about atheists following their religion religiously.

Those who question other peoples backbone, are usually the ones lacking.

• List
  26. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Regarding the news in the OP I think it is totally untrue. Tableeghi Jamat specifically instruct all the people involved in Tableegh that they should never force anyone for anything. They never even force Muslims to come to mosque for offering Fardh prayers. Then how come they will force someone to offer prayers in a certain way. I am not saying this by hearsay and I have personally gone on Tableeghi trips a lot of times. It is the other way round. Will let you know how.

• List
  27. Fallen King

Fallen King Banned

Aug 9, 2010
    I can see interesting debate on this thread. Quite frankly, i am disturbed by the reaction of anti-Mullah. This is way too much now. That team is grown up, and under Inzimam's captaincy, that team has always been very disciplined, united as one, and maintained positive influence toward Pakistan cricket which is rare considering what happened after the retirement of Inzimam - has plunged Pakistan cricket down in form of embarrassing chapters that forever changed the image of Pakistan cricket, is forever taking to repair the damage had been done. Inzimam's captaincy is most memorable for Pakistan cricket, and a cricketer like Shoaib Akhtar, Danish Kaneria, and Yousuf Youhana [reverted to Islam lately, Subhan'Allaah!] were welcomed in the team of Inzimam's captaincy.

However, the discipline issues, for instance, brawl among teammates, spot fixing, and you name it, ...etc, have started to occur despite of Moderate captain like Shoaib Malik, leader like Younus Khan, and so on. The allegation towards Inzimam is quite immature at best, and the credibility of the source should be questioned. I am afraid that people have had problem with Inzimam's captaincy, are in fact, trouble-maker. Any word from trouble-maker shouldn't considered a seriously. A quote from Shoaib Malik referring to trouble-maker, "if his own family doesn't take him seriously, why should us" [former captain, Malik].

From this thread, we have learned that there is a huge anti-Mullah growing up apparently, and that's not healthy at all and especially for member like me [aka MalikBrother]. This is Cricket forum, but first, we are Muslim, let's remember that before we go on to anti-Mullah policy - linking to the article from the suspicious source. I am quite disappointed with this reaction here despite of lack of credibility on the source.

Assalamu Alaikum!

• List
  28. Fallen King

Fallen King Banned

Aug 9, 2010
    Any futile activities that are time-wasting are closure to between frowned up and haraam. Cricket is a waste time especially the Test format that requires almost half a day which means skipping some prayers. I don't spend much on Test format, and even though, i am guilty sometimes. Just because i like Cricket, that doesn't mean Cricket becomes Halaal. Anything that is worth spending time is acceptable in the eyes of Allaah (SWT), for instance, a job, reading Qur'an, spending time with family while engaging in Islamic discussion, and others too. Watching Cricket means 8 hours is taken from your times - at the expense of some prayers. T20 format is most suitable for anyone who can enjoy and have fun, and don't miss the prayer at all.

Overall, any futile activities that are time-wasting - close to between frowned up and haraam, Allahu Alim! May Allaah (SWT) forgives me if i am wrong.

Assalamu Alaikum!

• List
  29. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Any act done mainly to please Allah within the bounds of Law can lead towards salvation.

My post about Atheist was simply that even they have a religion of not acknowledging the God & they are stubborn(religious) about it. Never will you find an Atheist accepting anything as a Miracle of God/Nature but they will always try to find a rational reason behind everything. Therefore I said even an Atheist follows his religion religious.

My participation in this forum is prove enough of my shift backbone which bend in front of Him alone. Also I didn't question anyone about his/her backbone merely stated mute point to show that philosophy is judgement not an argument.

30. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Atheism is not a religion.

31. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    I've never ever accused anyone either he's Wahabi or Sunni. I didn't mean that we should not discuss no this matter i meant that we shouldn't have one another by discussing these things here. I'm a Hanfi muslim but i never said that other are Kafir or Mushrik. All methods of prayer are related to Sahabas (RA).
    Express Pace playing cricket is makrooh because it is Laghw.

32. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    I don't know if even that's true for sure y' know. It's a sport, and sport is encouraged in Islam. It's a definitive alternative to a whole host of other things that kids (especially of this age in the teens) could do. There is such a thing as leisure in Islam, not everything not-strictly-religious is Laghw.

Not to pass any fatwa here, but just my opinion and if anybody'd correct it I'd retract it

33. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    You need to do some work on understanding what is Religion?

My friend religion is set of code & conducts through which person lives his/her life. Now look at the Atheism from thise prism of fact & inshallah you will acknowledge the truth that even those who rubbish other people for following a certain religion follow their own religion under a disguises of rejection of religion.

This hold true for everyone human being so say that he doesn't believe in religion but holds onto the semantics of his own notion as if that is his/her religion.

34. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Winsome: There is nothing like Hanfi Muslim nor there is anything like Alhe-Hadith,Maliki or Shafi Muslims.Please refrain from using title that have no sound base in Islam.

IF we are followers of Islam then we are Muslims name given to us by Allah in Quran, hoping to become Momins, We must never try to better anything that is given to us by Allah so stick with what we have being called in Quran.

Also Islam is not so cruel that it will leave no space for enjoyment for the Muslims. Sports are one of the best way to enjoy & Islam have nothing against it as long as it doesn't exceeds the limitation set by Allah.

Cricket is hard work, money earned by proper channel & as long as we hold onto your acts of Salah,fast & Zakat then we are well off. Also a Muslim who excel in any sphere of life & still remembers & shows his fear of Allah is doing the dawah in a way.

• List
  35. ComradeVenom

Jul 24, 2012
    Modern T20 smash and bang fans are so anti-test cricket they have deemed it haram lol.

36. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    must admit the first image that jumped out at me once reading this thread was that of rana naveed growing a beard during Inzis captaincy hoping to gain favour with them, then shaving it once Inzy had retired!

their prayers are for them, not for me - if I was asked which personality I would like to represent the side, I'd pick Akhtar and not Yousuf.

The fact that players felt they had to behave in a certain way to gain favour as demonstrated by rana, as opposed by Akhtar and I think Razzaq too, means there is something to the story.

37. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Unfair to say the least.

Rana needed some extra support to maintain his place in the Side hence he may sported a beard to gain some favors but better players who were good enough to maintain their place had so such issue.

Younis Khan never sported a beard nor did Sami, Asif, Shoaib Malik,Moin Khan, Kamran Akmal & list can go on. My friend just because Rana thought that he will be benefited by sporting a bearded then it is his issue let not blame anyone else for Rana's view.

• List
  38. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Well that's more to do with Rana's own insecurity if that was the case isn't it? In fact a lot of players close to Inzamam, such as Younus, Malik, Abdul Razzaq, Moin Khan etc were clean shaven or at most had very light stubble.

Dikhava religiosity, especially if it's insincere (which we can't assume either way anyway, either in Rana or anybody else's case), is a bad thing yes. But I find it alarming that so many people are automatically willing to assume that this was the case in Inzamam's era. There's a heck of a difference between dikhava religiosity and actual religious/moral conduct: remember the spot-fixing saga, there were 4 or 5 players (Afridi, Younus, Abdul Razzaq, Ajmal, and I think Gul and Yousuf) who were said to be clean because they were too religious to get caught up in such acts. So a faithful conscience can be a very good thing too, and there's no reason to assume that Inzamam and his so-called gang were bullying/hypocritical/fanatical extremists. Only Akhtar, who has a habit of rejecting any authority, and Pervez Mir who is basically a media ***** have/had any problem with this supposed religiosity in Inzamam's time

39. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    The beard was one physical statement; the other changes such as the way in which they spoke and behave are more difficult to prove now.

Moin Khan wasn't there really during Inzamams main years as captain.

Younis Khan was one of those who opposed the atmosphere Inzy was creating, and Malik is just a stooge to anyone with power.

Does nobody else remember Bob Woolmer's statement saying there are times when practice has been stopped so we could accomodate a visiting tablighi member who would give a talk? I am trying to find a source for you, but maybe you guys might have better luck.

40. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    I don't remember anyone saying the religiosity of the said players contributed to them being kept out of match fixing? If I was really going out on a limb I'd say Yousufs captaincy in the Sidney test was the closest thing to match fixing without it actually being true.

Yes being religious has it's own virtues in a sports team environment, the integrity perhaps being one of them - but I;d argue this is more a case of someones personality (you may argue their religion shapes this) but would yousuf be any likelier to take a bribe in his christian days? I'd say no. But are many religious personalities in Pakistan corrupt? Yes, we see this time and again.

Salman Butt was a big supporter of the group Inzy created when he was new, as he felt these things needed to be said - we all know how he turned out.

I'm not saying he completely destroyed the team or anything - the results were sort of stable for us, the highlight being the England series win which to me was down to Akhtar and Kaneria on some pretty flat wickets, but it rings alarm bells that players think their captain is likelier to include this in the set up if they appear religious, as opposed playing better. This is a larger reflection of their own weak personalities, yes, but its also indicative of the scenario created for them around the team.

I think I'm coming across as someone who doesn't want the players to be praying, which is of course not the case. I just think you have an obligation to your profession when you are in a position, and you shouldn't do anything to remotely threaten your performance.