Misbah is the WORST Chief Selector in the history of Cricket.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by ComradeVenom, Oct 26, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I haven't been posting much in recent times but have still kept an eye on Pakistan Cricket. As many of you will know, I was a big fan of Misbah as a player and captain. I felt he managed to keep the team together. However, I must say, I have been well and truly disgusted by his role as a selector so far.

Indeed his actions in this short period of time have led me to believe he may be the worst chief selector in the history of cricket.

The selections of Umar Akmal and Ahmed Shehzad were beyond absurd. The appointment of Azhar Ali as captain was scandalous and ontop of that we have guys like Imran Khan and two young kids who have barely played any cricket in our test bowling attack in Australia.

Now the icing on the cake is Usman Qadir. This kid threw a tantrum after being discared in Pakistan, moved to Australia and got discared again but suddenly he is directly in the international team. I haven't seen such a display of unpatriotic behavior by a selector in my history of watching cricket. What message does this send to a young spinner struggling to make it in Pakistan.

I am sorry for the rant but this guy is taking us backward at a rapid rate.

2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Just like his playing days (remember the nonsensical scoop in the final) - He is full of surprises.

3. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Trust me, he was not as good of a player or a Captan either, as you may believed.

This guy is a cunning politician.
    During his days, he hid behind “tuk tuk” batting because thats the EASIEST thing to do on the crease.

It requires skill, talent, and bravery to put the balls into gaps and take singles or doubles instead of blocking and blocking and blocking.

He never had any. And he always got out, soon as he tried to play fast.

He would get a heart attack if an idea was presented to him to take the battle to the opposition and launch a counter attack to release the pressure.
    Tuk tuk was THE ONLY WAY he knew how to bat.

Reality is, he was a third class gutless and skill-less batsman.

He wasn’t able to inspire any player, and failed to groom a single youngster under his watch.

So far as his captaincy record goes, that’s also a delusion. The fact is, most of his victories came in UAE where Ajmal was the key on slow dead tracks.

And now, he continued with his politics.

First he managed to be part of this shitty ass 3 member committee with absolute ZERO contribution towards the betterment of Pak cricket.

Then he navigated his way thru this shitty committee to get Mickey fired, and convinced the dumb effs in the PCB to hire him as head coach and chief selector, where the heck else does this happen in the world?

Personally, I lost all respect for him the day when he filed an appeal with govt of Pakistan to have all his earnings made tax exempt.

khana iss country main hai, haggna iss country mein hai, roads aur grounds bhi issi country k use karney hain, izzat bhi issi country ney di, paisa bhi issi country ney diya - lekin iss country ko tax nahi deyna!

What an unpatriotic ****** one can be?

After his recent disagreement with PCB about his salary demands, I have heard that not only he got all the double salary he wanted but more amazingly he managed to include a clause in the contract that if he gets fired, he will still get the ENTIRE three years of current salary.

I seriously want to put those people in Jail who hired him.

Behind this long beard, this greedy ****** is all about money and personal interests.

Try telling him that your salary is reduced in half cuz board has financial burdens, and he will threaten to quit and go to court instead of saying, “OK I will do it for my country.”

He has zero interest in Pak cricket.

Take him to any other board and no one will hire him even as a chapraasi.

4. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Lmao, another brainfart in the admin office

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    funny how you people bashed Inzi for selecting Imam and labeling it "parchi selection"

you guys deserve Misbah

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Would Imam have made it to the national side if there wasn’t an Inzi?

7. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    yes.

8. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    No in Test cricket.

9. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    haven't tested him that much to say he shouldn't be part of the team but yeah whatever

10. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    He doesnt deserve it. Check his FC stats.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Misbah was about to select Hafeez and Malik for T20 squad against AUS, despite of their horrendous record in down under. Thank God PCB put their food down and emphatically excluded their name, otherwise, Misbah would've had another feather in his cap.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  12. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    PCB is actually much more smarter than what we think.

Just looks what happened here.

They hired this puppet for quite a lot of money, and now they direct him as who to select and who not to.

13. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    And so it begins. Were it not for rain the number 1 t20 side built by Mickey would have lost 4 in a row.

Seeing Irfan bowl was embarrassing.

14. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    funny how everyone here wanted Mickey to be axed :)

and now crying about Misbah

15. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    No I disagree. There is a player named Imran Butt he recently made 200 in QeA trophy. His and Imam's performance were very similar, they also had similar first class stats and List A stats. They both played Emerging Asia cup. Imam had only one advantage. He made 200 on a flat pitch but on that same pitch Salman Butt made twin centuries. Imam was selected for ODI first, that was completely out of the blue as there was Khurram, Shan, Salman Butt and Sami Aslam who consistently made more runs at that time in limited overs, back then there was also the emergence of Sahibzada Farhan who played every single game in place of Imam Ul Haq in the Pakistan cup for Balochistan in 2017. We all know Imam would never have made the squad both Test and ODI without Inzamam. Lots of players have performed in ACC emerging trophy but they don't get selected for Pakistan and lots of people perform in QeA trophy every year but they don't get selected for Pakistan but Imam did not perform in ACC emerging trophy and apart from one 200 he didn't do anything in QeA trophy either, yes he was decent in U-19 but that's a different ball game altogether.

Just to remind everyone Imam had one century when selected for Pakistan in Odis. He couldn't even make his provincial side starting 11 in Pakistan cup in 2017. Farhan and Fakhar opened in every game. He failed in his only game in ACC emerging trophy. His only century in List A came in the 2016 Pakistan cup. When he played Tests he had 4 first class centuries in 34 matches. As much as they are TTFs - Khurram Manzoor, Sami Aslam, Salman Butt and Kamran Akmal are rightly annoyed despite scoring mountains of runs.

As for other players you look at their performances before getting selected:

Babar - Performance was up their in List A and so made the Odi team but it wasn't until his three hundreds got him into Tests.
    Fakhar- performance in Pakistan Cup, Performance for the A teams, Performance in PSL.
    Shadab- Performance for the A team, Performance in PSL
    Hassan Ali - Performance in PSL, Performance in first class and performance for A team
    Haris Sohail - Performance for emerging team, previous Pakistan performance, performance in Pakistan cup, 50 average on first class.
    Usman Salahuddin - 9 years of performance and only 1 chance.
    Saad Ali - Performed for 3 years and then gets 2 chances.
    Abid Ali - relentlessly performed for 2 years
    Rizwan - Again relentlessly performed for the A team and in domestics

You can go on and on but everyone has had to perform for top-three years, yes I know our fast bowlers are fast tracked but there is a difference between a batsman and a bowler. Only a world class batsman is fast tracked not a parchi. Apart from Imam Ul Haq everyone has had to earn their spot.

16. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
  17. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Bhens k aagay been mat bajao.
    Andhon ko ye baatayn samajh nahi aaten.