Misbah keeping tabs on Fawad Alam ahead of Australia Tests

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Out of favour left-handed batsman Fawad Alam is, reportedly, back on the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB)’s radar, with the two-match away Test series against Australia just around the corner.

According to sources, Pakistan’s head coach-cum-chief selector, Misbahul Haq, has inquired about Alam’s performance and fitness standards from Sindh team’s head coach Azam Khan. However, his inclusion in Pakistan squad for Australia Tests is still uncertain as the team management is yet to take a final decision.

Alam, who is currently representing Sindh in the ongoing Quaid-e-Azam Trophy (QeA), has scored 160 runs in five innings at an average of 40. His exploits with the bat also includes one century.

The Karachi born, who scored 168 on his Test debut against Sri Lanka in 2009, last played an international match, which was a One-day International (ODI), for Pakistan in 2015 against Bangladesh in Dhaka.

Pakistan will take on Australia in a two-match Test series, with the first one beginning on November 21 in Brisbane. The second Test of the series, which will be a day-night affair, is schedule to be played from November 29.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/n...g-tabs-on-fawad-alam-ahead-of-australia-tests

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Ashfaq Ahmed is the guy in form.

I don't know but I feel Fawad is declining. As long as they select domestic cricketers who perform I haven't got a problem.

3. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    such a tragedy. I've been a huge proponent of Alam, but suspect he is well past his best now. I hope his decline in the past couple of years is because of despondency rather than skill, and of course, we have heard this so often, I wont believe that he will be recalled until or unless he is.

this is what it should always have been the past few years, if inzi and his predecessors had either any sense or integrity:

1. fakhar
    2. saad Ali? not imam (shit 35 fc ave, worse 28 test average), not shan (even though they will play him in his weakest format, shit 34 FC ave, worse 26 test average; note they wont play him in Odis where his LA ave is 54)

3. Haris (not babar - there is a very good reason his FC=test average = 35, like shan he is a short form player)
    4. Alam
    5. Salahuddin
    6. Rizwan
    7. Iftikhar/yamin

8. yasir
    9. dont care they are all the same: junaid/ehsan/mir/waqas
    10. abbas
    11. sadaf? although he is probably well into his decline now too.

top 7 all have FC averages >40:

41, 47, 50, 55, 47, 44, 40/40;

that's a considerable improvement on inclusions of Azhar, Asad, imam, Sarfraz and Babar, who are all at:

39, 40, 36, 40 and 37.

4. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Saad Ali is not an opener mate. Keep playing cricket on spreadsheets. You should know it doesn't work like that.

Sadaf is a club bowler. He's been exposed this season. Has two wickets at an average of like 100 odd.

Babar is on an upwards curve but let's drop him???

What a terrible post. Lol

5. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    dude youre an idiot. I have avoided you because I have had more intelligence in my littlest fart than you will ever have in your entire body, so dont quote me, and I'll continue not quoting you. in the meantime, please enjoy your yoyo schizophrenic love hate with babar alongside your Ahmed Ponting bedroom poster, and leave the discussions to the adults.

6. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    How old is this guy now? Is he close to 40ish? His age will soon overtake his FC average. I swear he's been around for ever but just not in the Pakistan team..

I think it will be wrong to select him now as this is the time he should be retiring. Won't help Pakistan team in long run.

7. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    You really don't know anything about cricket. Just discuss politics. You think you know but you don't anything about cricket. Please don't say stupid things then I won't quote you.