1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Mohammad Aamer: A future express pacer?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Dec 22, 2009.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    During the second test vs New Zealand, Aamer really let rip with some seriously fast deliveries. He bowled a consecutive 6 over spell where, except for one ball, every delivery was 143k+. That included 21 deliveries where he was bowling 145k+

144.8k is 90mph, so that means that Aamer bowled 21 deliveries in a 36 delivery spell at over 90mph. That's genuine express pace!!

His fastest deliveries were registered at 151k (93.8 mph), 149k (92.6mph), 148 (92.0mph) and two at 147k (91.3mph)

Have we really found the next genuine pakistani express pacer? He's only 17 years old so imagine what he'll be like at 21 or in his mid-20s when Akhtar/Lee were at their quickest!

Or will he turn out to be another Sami and cut down on his pace??

2. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    Here I was thinking he was already an express bowler :) Anyway I hope he does improve his speed but does not carried with it. He has already shown he has the talent at such a young age just needs someone to guide him in the right direction and I believe finally the PCB has placed the right man for the job in Waqar Younis.

Gul at test level is all at sea. I really do hope Waqar is able to work with him.

I believe Sami always had plenty of pace with very limited talent and no luck at all. In the years I have been watching cricket I can't honestly think of a bowler who has been unlucky as Sami has been. The amount dropped catches and not outs from his bowling if put together would give anyone a heartache.

My take on Sami's inclusion is this. For ODI's sure why not. Tests we could have done better.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The thing is feather that an express pacer is someone who regularly hits 150k+ like Akhtar, Lee, Tait, Waqar, Zahid, Donald, etc. Currently Aamer has pace but not the sort of pace thos guys had.

4. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I think Yousuf needs to handle Aameer with care considering his past record of stress fractures on his lower back, therefore the chance of the stress fracture recurring is greater. Let all hope injuries aside he'll be able to gain the extra yard or so during time.

While on the subject of Sami, I was able to watch the second days play during on going Quaid-e-Azam Trophy final where Sami to my suprise was bowling an excellent spell just before lunch, he was pitching the ball up while generating some late swing.

5. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    I have seen more then once a very hostile spell of bowling from Sami. I just hope all these years later he has learned a thing or two to go along with his pace.

6. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    Merc, I don't think his bowling style fits the "express pacer" mode, but that's completely ok. Wasim always relied more on guile than Waqar, but he was able to crank it up whenever he wanted to. I think Aamer will definitely stay sharp, but I don't think he will be an Akhtar or Waqar (Though I feel the likes of Talha might go that route if given the opportunity).

7. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    He's getting there isn't he ;) ? Just saw 151.7 kph from our young gun.

8. Feather

Feather Head Surfer

Dec 19, 2009
    What a hostile spell from Aamer today. I love it. Why can't we see more of this?

9. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    Because we have the likes of Rauf in the test team! Put Wahab or even Gul in there, they can crank it up just as well.

10. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Just when I believe Pakistani cricket is dying a slow death, somebody like Aamer and Umar Akmal comes out of nowhere.

Aamer is going to get better and better. I hope he gets good advice from Waqar how to avoid a stress fracture.

11. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I would personally give Aameer a rest during the up and comming one day series, his bowled his heart out during both the test series against New Zealand and Australia.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Agreed NAdeem he needs to be given a rest for at least 2 of the next games. Either that or we'll have another tragedy on our hands like Zahid or maybe Waqar who was never the same after his injury in 1994

13. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    152.5 kmph today. Good stuff, good stuff.

14. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    I would really like for Aamer to have a stint in the English leagues. Here he will be able to develop his control and learn further about swining the ball.

But most importantly he will learn to develop his body, ie Diet and exercise that is required for a fast bowler. There are aspects of cricket that are unknown un Paksitan. There is no place for Diet and exercise in the Pakistani player currently.

Will he become express? depends on his physical development and whether he chooses the Sami or Actor route.

15. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Pakistan will be spending a whole summer in England this year. Series against England and then Australia.

16. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    But he needs ot get away from the Pak team and pick up the professionalism shown by the English counties.

The likes of Imran, Wasim and Younis did the county scene and reaped the the rewards.

17. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    Next question Merc; Mohammad Aamer, a future, injury-prone :( , express pacer?

18. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    If he doesnt get the right support, correct workout regime, he will break down.