Mohammad Amir : Maybe Rohit Sharma’s opinion about me has changed now

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Jul 31, 2017.

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    A year after Rohit Sharma branded Mohammad Amir as an ‘overhyped’ bowler, the Pakistan pacer has responded to the jibe saying he hopes to have changed Sharma’s opinion about him. Both Sharma and Amir have developed quite a rivalry in the recent past, with Sharma falling to Amir quite often.

An Indo-Pak encounter seldom needs any sub-plots but that does not mean that there aren’t any battles within the mega-encounter. Rohit Sharma’s verbal duel with Mohammad Amir in the recent past has been one major talking point whenever the two-arch rivals have met. It all started when Amir dismissed the Indian opener during the Asia Cup T20 encounter last year, but Sharma wasn’t too impressed with his efforts as after the match, he said, "Stop talking about him already.”

"He isn't the only bowler. Pakistan have five other bowlers who are doing well for them. There is just so much hype around him, I don't think it is right to give him too much hype after one match. He is good but he needs to prove it over and over again.”

“Now people are comparing him to Wasim Akram and all that. He is just a normal bowler, on that given day if he is good, he is good. It is not as if he turns up and blows everyone away," he added.

However, the Pakistan pacer proved that his efforts weren’t a flash in the pan as he once again dismissed the Indian opener during his fiery opening spell which led Pakistan to the Champions Trophy title in June.

Now, in response to Sharma’s initial jibe, Amir said that he holds no grudges against the Indian opener for his remark. "That was his opinion about me and he is entitled to that opinion," Amir told Sky Sports.

"Maybe his opinion about me has now changed. "But let's get one thing clear, I would never call him an ordinary batsman. In fact, I would call him an extraordinary batsman. His record for India is superb and I respect him.

"His opinions about other cricketers are up to him, but with all due respect I never worry about what other cricketers have to say about me.

"It's not my concern at all and I just concentrate on my performances and what I am doing for my team. If I worried about other people's opinions of me that would just cause me stress and that is why I avoid it. "Everyone is entitled to their opinion, whether it's labelling a cricketer world-class or ordinary; it is up to that individual."

https://sportscafe.in/articles/cric...ohit-sharmas-opinion-about-me-has-changed-now

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cricistani

May 29, 2010
  3. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Cricistani

Sep 1, 2010
    It's obvious, but well said Amir.

Amir is a victim of his own early success. No sportsman can come back after 5 years out as the same player when he left. However, with the passage of time, he can get to those levels again.

Fast bowling is an art and the world class bowlers find the right balance between consistency and attack - especially in test cricket.

You get bowlers who can bowl great deliveries, take a lot of risks but they don't have that consistency, that fall back stock line and length to build the pressure. Need to find the right balance.

My only criticism of Amir - especially in tests is that he has gone too far the other way. He has found his stock consistency. However, he hasn't pushed hard in the search for wickets - I want to see him experimenting a bit more. Or pick your spells to go flat out.

4. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Never.

5. Bilal123

Bilal123 Cricistani

Dec 11, 2010
    Lmao. Not even the next James Anderson yet

6. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Who is James Anderson?

7. Bilal123

Bilal123 Cricistani

Dec 11, 2010
    Watch 2010 Pakistan in England test series and you'll find out

8. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Watch the same series and you will find out who are Amir and Asif!!

9. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    In that series, Pakistan carried inept batsmen like Umar Amin, Umar Akmal, Shoaib Malik, Imran Farhat etc, otherwise had likes of Younus, Yousuf and Misbah played the entire series, results would have been totally different in that series!@

10. Bilal123

Bilal123 Cricistani

Dec 11, 2010
    Lmao knew you would say that. I did watch the series and found out what sell outs they are!

As for Anderson he'd have dealt with any batsman at the time. Doesn't matter who plays

11. axl100mph

axl100mph Cricistani

Nov 23, 2016
    Nah, he is just an overrated fixer. junaid khan is 10 times the bowler. @Prince Pathan

12. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Cricistani

Sep 1, 2010
    Despite, what they did with the spot fixing, Asif and in particular Amir outshone him in that series. Quality of batting line up - no comparison at all. Probable pakistans most inexperienced line up in history

13. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Those Englishmen still say about Mohd Yousuf, " We are glad we dont have to bowl to Yousuf anymore!!".

14. Bilal123

Bilal123 Cricistani

Dec 11, 2010
    http://stats.espncricinfo.com/engla.../most_wickets_career.html?id=5506;type=series

Look at the stats, they show no bias or opinionated views. Just plain simple facts that both Asif and Amir were easily outclassed by Anderson. Especially Asif whose figures are horrible considering how bowling friendly the conditions were.

If Anderson was to bowl at the English lineup just like Amir and Asif I still feel he would outclass both. His skill set is immense in England

15. Fourth Umpire

Fourth Umpire Registered

May 24, 2017
    It's said that we glorify a fixer while honest players like Riaz are out of the team.

16. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Cricistani

Sep 1, 2010
    It's a very short sighted view to just look at the stats. Whatever you may say, the strength of the opposition / home advantage has to come in to play. It was one of the most inexperienced pak line ups AND they were playing away from home and the seaming conditions were completely alien to that team. How you can ignore that on your assessment is puzzling.

And it's very contradictory to send a link to "facts" and yet in your last paragraph give an opinion that he would outclass the English batsmen!

I appreciate Anderson and agree he is a very skilful bowler but Amir was just as impressive if not moreso in that series.

17. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Difference was that Amir and Asif were bowling to the likes of Strauss, Cook, KP, Tortt, Collingwood, Morgan - who were all stalwards of the game by then and Anderson was bowling at Umar Amin, Imran Farhat, Shoaib Malik (Malik at test level you know), Umar Akmal and Azhar Ali (making his debut on that tour) - all novices.