Mohammad Hafeez or Fawad Alam for the ODI series and T20's against England

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Omar, Aug 27, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    For Hafeez this should be a last try at the international level for him as he's going to be making a comeback for Pakistan in ODI's after 3 years and really if he does get the chance should make the most of it and show that he can perform on the big stage especially with the bat where he averages a pathetic 18.59 at a SR of 58.15 in 48 matches.

Fawad Alam should be given ample chances in the series as he's the way forward for Pakistan, he's been treated harshly in the past and deserved to be in the squad for the tests aswell. Alam is still young and is the way forward for Pakistan with the 2011 WC round the corner and the need to get a decent batting order together is the key.

If I have to choose between the 2 "supposed" to be all rounders Hafeez or Alam to play then I'd go for Fawad as he has the potential to move in the right direction if given the opportunity.

2. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Who would you go for?

3. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    This is what I said in the other thread.

I agree that Hafeez was initially a good utility player who could bowl in the middle overs tightly and used to pick a wicket or 2 but his batting has been a let down where he hasnt played to his potential. He has been in and out of the team for a long time and after a long time came back for the T20 WC where a few chances didnt help him and now he's got a chance to show if he can play internationally again for Pakistan.

4. Zain

Zain Youngsta Beauty

Feb 14, 2010
    Like you said Omar bhai, Hafeez has had chances in the past and now with the competition for places being there, it should be his last chance if he's brought ahead than Alam.

Fawad Alam for me too should be selected if an all-rounder is to be picked.

5. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Fawad should play instead of Hafeez no matter what but unfortunately that's not what is going to happen.

6. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    well just hope that shazaib performs good so that he could be ahead of hafeez

7. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    Shazaib is not a batsman! He closes his eyes and swings at the ball!! Terrible choice for opener! Let Kamran Akmal open with Butt!!!