Mohammad Hasnain- Performance Watch

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by SwingNSeam, Mar 14, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Exciting new prospect selected for the Aus tour.

Lets hope he has a great one iA. Ameen

2. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    I hope he has a good Australia series (and actually plays) so hes straight into the World Cup squad. Shinwari, hell no. Should be Hasnain. Our x-factor bowler.

3. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Will he even get a game. That’s the question.

4. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Would be kinda cool to go into another World Cup with an unknown, raw bowler. Anything can happen!

5. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Rumors are that the selectors were going to recall Wahab Riaz for this series ahead of Hasnain but there was a last minute change because the coach and captain wanted to take a look at Hasnain. So I guess he will play. Definitely should play ahead of Shinwari.

6. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Quickest teen I've ever seen: Watson

Veteran Shane Watson has issued Australia's ODI team a warning ahead of their five-match series with Pakistan: beware teenage tearaway Mohammad Hasnain.

Watson played alongside the 18-year-old Hasnain during the Pakistan Super League, which finished on Sunday and culminated in their side, Quetta Gladiators, claiming the trophy.

And the Australian reckons the right-arm speedster, who was named in Pakistan's ODI squad for the series which begins in Sharjah on Friday, will turn heads if he gets the opportunity to take on the five-time world champions.

"Hasnain's control over his length and swing is very impressive and he varies his pace very well," Watson said.

"I have never seen an 18-year old bowl at such pace and I think even on the UAE pitches he will be a difficult proposition for the Australian team."

The experienced Watson has some quality to compare Hasnain to as well, considering he faced a young Mohammad Amir – who hit speeds approaching 150kph – during the Australian Test summer of 2009-10.

Hasnain was in scintillating form in the PSL final, winning player of the match with figures of 3-30 and afterwards targeting a spot in Pakistan's World Cup squad.

"I prefer getting my wickets via yorkers or bouncers," he said post-match. "I have always been a fast bowler, and I hope to bowl even faster.

"I want to do well in the ODIs against Australia (and) maybe get a spot in the World Cup squad as well."

Quetta captain Sarfraz Ahmed, who won't be part of the ODI series against the Australians, echoed Watson's sentiment.

"His pace is very impressive," said Sarfraz, "and he has the ability to surprise the batsmen on any surface."

Hasnain's inclusion in the Pakistan squad to take on Australia came amid a raft of changes for the hosts, with six first-choice players absent: Sarfraz, Babar Azam, Fakhar Zaman, Hasan Ali, Shadab Khan and Shaheen Shah Afridi.

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/pak...d-fast-bowler-australia-odi-series/2019-03-18

7. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Great bouncers and pace in the first spell. Just didnt see him utilize the yorkers to mix things up.

8. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Hasnain has been good and has a big future ahead of him. But I think the selectors have missed a trick by not picking Rauf.

The bad boy arrogance is what you need in some players.

9. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    I was surprised that Rauf was overlooked too. I thought he did enough.

10. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    The way the Aussie spinners have bowled, Umer Khan could easily have been included in the team.

11. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    It's a dream come true, says rookie debutant Hasnain

SHARJAH: Mohammad Hasnain’s rise to Pakistan colours is as fast as he bowls, making his one-day international debut within a week after spearheading Quetta Gladiators to the HBL Pakistan Super League title with a player of the final performance in front a packed-to-capacity National Stadium crowd.

Only to be 19 next month, an overjoyed Hasnain received Pakistan’s green cap from head coach Mickey Arthur as all members of the squad congratulated the young fast bowler at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium.

“I can’t describe the feeling, it’s a dream come true,” Hasnain told pcb.com.pk. “The prayers of my parents, my hard work and the guidance of all my coaches are behind this one-day debut and now I will do my best to fulfill the confidence reposed in me.”

Since joining the squad in Dubai, Hasnain has been on cloud nine.

“It has been a great feeling and everyone has welcomed me,” said Hasnain. “Team captain Shoaib Malik, bowling coach Azhar Mahmood and every teammate has been welcoming and supportive and that has made my heart bigger and bigger.

“I hope to be up for the challenge and hope to start a long career.”

Some four years ago, Australia maestro Steve Waugh had predicted Shaheen Shah Afridi and Hasnain would make it big by playing international cricket. Waugh had seen the two players during Pakistan Under-16 tour of Australia.

Shaheen made it big by playing all three formats last year. Sunday’s debut of Hasnain has made Waugh’s words true.

Pakistan Under-16 team’s former coach Mohammad Masroor recalled the tour to Australia in 2015.

“We did well on the tour and during one of the matches at the Bradman Ground near Sydney, Steve Waugh came to watch his son Austin. When he saw Shaheen and Hasnain in action, he predicted the two boys will make an impact at international level.”

Hasnain made an instant impact in the HBL PSL 2019, with his speed and hunger to do well. Although he took just seven wickets in five round matches, his ability to constantly bowl at 150kph caught everyone’s eye.

So impressed were the selectors and Arthur that Hasnain was rewarded with a place in the national team. He celebrated his maiden call with three for 30 in the HBL PSL final and took away the man-of-the-match award on that big stage in his short career’s biggest match before a packed 32,000 National Stadium on March 17.

“His pace is the most impressive and he has the potential of an international player,” said Arthur.

When Hasnain was told of the ODI debut, he instantly called his parents in Hyderabad, who advised him to keep his feet on the ground and do his best.

“My parents were thrilled,” said Hasnain. “They have advised me to be humble and do my best, and I will follow that advice.”

The tall, earthy complexioned Hasnain started playing at an early age. Hyderabad region coach Iqbal Imam spotted his talent and has seen his progress over the years

“Hasnain played Under-16 and Under-19 for Hyderabad, and right from the start his pace has been impressive,” recalled Imam, a former first-class cricketer who had played alongside Inzamam-ul-Haq, Waqar Younis, Basit Ali and Mushtaq Ahmed for UBL.

“Hasnain is a product of the Pakistan Cricket Board’s age-group cricket,” said Imam.

Hasnain was selected by Islamabad United last year, but an injury ruled him out from the HBL PSL 2018. He made his first-class debut for PTV against Multan in September last year and picked up three wickets while his second and last match to date went wicket-less.

This year, Quetta Gladiators picked him as their 21st player. Since then, he has become number-one as far as the emerging talent is concerned.

Hasnain’s Gladiators’ team-mate Shane Watson said he was instantly impressed.

“He (Hasnain) is someone incredibly fast and who has incredible skill and we will see a hell of a lot of him in the coming days. He did a great job for Quetta,” said Watson, who has played many fast bowlers in his illustrious career for Australia.”

Former great Waqar Younis sees himself in Hasnain.

“Yes, I had the same pace and vigour at this age,” said Waqar. “He is very talented, has pace and bounce and the determination. I have told him not to lose his pace, which is his strong point.

"I wish him the best of luck.”

http://geosuper.tv/latest/259-its-a-dream-come-true-says-rookie-debutant-hasnain

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Mohammad Hasnain early promise keeps Pakistan excited

[​IMG]
    In his debut ODI, Hasnain failed to pick up a wicket but impressed the think-tank with his raw pace. © PCB

Shane Watson had warned his compatriots ahead of the series. But countering that pace was always going to be a difficult proposition.

The atmosphere was dull and the match was turning out to be a largely one-sided affair before an 18-year-old debutant breathed life into it. The second Pakistan-Australia ODI in Sharjah had the same pattern to it as the series opener. The lacklustre show with the bat followed by a clueless bowling display from Pakistan as the Australian openers, who this time knitted a 209-run partnership, pushed the hosts out of the match.

But, then came the 11th over and with it the introduction of Mohammad Hasnain into the attack. On his very first delivery, the right-arm quick hurled a pacy bouncer at Usman Khawaja making him duck. The next over, a 147kph delivery thudded onto Aaron Finch's helmet as the batsman turned out to be late on the hook. A brief break followed as a member of Australian medical staff rushed in the middle to ensure the batsman's safety while Finch tried to fix his helmet.

"I have never seen an 18-year old bowl at such pace," the veteran Australian all-rounder who shared the dressing-room with Hasnain during this PSL had said. "I think even on the UAE pitches he will be a difficult proposition for the Australian team."

Throughout the course of the match, Hasnain peppered Finch and Khawaja, who were hardly challenged by other bowlers, with menacing bouncers and pushed them back in the crease by consistently hitting the hard length on a slow-paced wicket. The scenes made Waqar Younis so excited, he was quick to suggest on air that Shoaib Malik should've given the youngster the new ball.

Ahead of this year's PSL, Mickey Arthur had suggested that the individual performances during the league will play a role in determining the squad for the all-important World Cup. He also seemed open to the idea of having a close look at any impressive emerging talent.

So there was Hasnain, bowling thunderbolts in Pakistan colours, on Sunday, mere six days after helping Quetta Gladiators to their maiden PSL title with a 3 for 30 which got him player of the match award.

Before his Pakistan debut, the right-arm quick had told pcb.com.pk: "I can't describe the feeling, it's a dream come true." After all, what words can encapsulate the feeling of one's first List 'A' match being the ODI debut for his country?

That such a remarkable debut came just two months ahead of the World Cup underscored the impression Hasnain had left on those who matter. He gained attention right from the second ball of his PSL debut - which was also his first competitive T20 game - against Lahore Qalandars in Dubai by picking up the wicket of Fakhar Zaman.

Over the course of his next six matches in the tournament, Hasnain's red-hot pace, which saw him touch 150kph regularly, coupled with the ability to extract bounce from slow surfaces and bowl scorching yorkers made him stand apart from the rest of the emerging pacers. His 12 wickets at 17.58 runs apiece in the season included the scalps of Babar Azam, Kieron Pollard, Misbah ul Haq, Colin Ingram, and Kamran Akmal.

What makes his PSL extraordinary is that Hasnain hardly had any competitive cricket under his belt. He had turned out twice for Pakistan Television in his debut season of the Quaid-e-Azam Trophy last year. But, he was deemed to be this good, after the praises that he was gathering from an early age.

Some four years ago, Steve Waugh, the former Australian captain, after watching him and Shaheen Afridi bowl during an Under-16 game against Australia said that the pair will make it big in international cricket. "We did well on the tour and during one of the matches at the Bradman Ground near Sydney, Steve Waugh came to watch his son Austin," recalled Mohammad Masroor the then Pakistan Under-16 coach. "When he saw Shaheen and Hasnain in action, he predicted the two boys will make an impact at international level."

The only pacer from Hyderabad to have made it this far, Hasnain, on Sunday, couldn't add to his wickets column, returning 0 for 54 in nine in a match that saw Australia comfortably level the record for the highest chase at Sharjah. But, his impeccable length bowling, inducing numerous oohs and aahs, promises a bright future for him.

https://www.cricbuzz.com/cricket-ne...eps-pakistan-excited-aaron-finch-usman-khwaja

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    The teen tearaway who rattled Aussies

Not much has fazed Australia’s top order through two matches against Pakistan, but Mohammad Hasnain has come as close as anyone to doing so and the teenage speedster’s exhilarating debut spell could be the spark Pakistan desperately needs.

Fast-bowling prospects do not come any rawer onto the international stage than Hasnain, who had never played a domestic one-day game yet alone an ODI before Sunday's match against Australia in Sharjah.

But the 18-year-old not only showed why Pakistan have fast-tracked him into the national setup at such a young age, he genuinely hurried Australia's top order and looked far likelier to find a way through than his more experienced teammates.

Having hit a top speed of 151kph in his breakout Pakistan Super League campaign and labelled by Shane Watson as the fastest teenage bowler he'd seen, Hasnain had huge raps on him.

But the youngster nicknamed 'Rockets' by Pakistan's coaching staff lived up to the billing as he had Australia's otherwise untroubled opening pair ducking, weaving and even landed a couple of body blows.

Hasnain stared Usman Khawaja down after his first ball in international cricket went whistling past the Aussie's ears. Another bouncer clattered into the helmet of Finch, who later copped one to the groin off the inside edge.

[​IMG]
    Finch ducks a Hasnain bouncer // Cricket Network

Hasnain's fierce spell sparked a subdued Sharjah crowd into excitement and prompted some choice words from Umar Akmal to Finch during an otherwise uninspired Pakistani effort in the field.

"He bowled really well," said wicketkeeper Mohammad Rizwan. "He is a young guy and he just came from the PSL, he's a new find who can hit 145(kph)-plus. They take time (to develop).

"The batsmen from Australia – Aaron Finch and Khawaja – he bounced them really well. I was far (back) from the wickets because (Hasnain's bouncers) are going fast."

— cricket.com.au (@cricketcomau) March 25, 2019

He finished as the game's fastest bowler.

Hasnain’s fiery introduction to the top flight couldn't halt Australia from rattling to a second consecutive victory, but it did leave the visitors’ with an extra factor to consider for the final three games of the series.

"He had decent pace, he was bowling a down a big breeze so that helped him a bit," said Khawaja, who noted they'd still taken him for six runs-per-over despite his impressive start.

"He was on debut too, so he probably had the adrenaline going also. He looked like a good bowler, he had a bit of pace on him. You've got to respect those bowlers sometimes."

Whether Hasnain is too green for the pressures of a World Cup remains to be seen, but the right-armer could give coach Mickey Arthur something to ponder should he continue to impress with the likes of Hasan Ali and Shaheen Shah Afridi sitting out the ongoing series.

One of Hasnain's idols is Waqar Younis, who first came across Hasnain two years ago after being shown mobile phone footage of him, and the Pakistan legend said on commentary the youngster should have been given the new ball.

While Waqar suggested he can still improve the efficiency of his run-up, the pace legend tipped him for big things.

"He's got a very strong action, he's fit," said Waqar. "He's got a big future in front of him."

https://www.cricket.com.au/news/moh...n-international-debut-waqar-younis/2019-03-25

14. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    Not bad so far. Strong future prospect.

15. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    but but but he's 150kph. but but but Malik is an idiot because he should have opened with him.....

so predictable.

16. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    What is your point?

17. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    that blaming the skipper for whether you bowl him first or not is idiotic, and that reliance on pace alone as the only indicator for selectability is equally idiotic.

the childish speed with which hype is whipped up by fanboys is ridiculous.

nothing wrong in playing him, nothing wrong in hoping he may be an excellent prospect, but unrealistic hype is foolish.

clearer for you?

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  18. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    He is a good prospect that’s all. No one thinks he is the second coming of Waqar Younis. Express pace is a rare gift, of course it is going to excite people when an 18 year old is hitting 150kph. You should also mention the dropped catch off of his bowling.

19. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    He's a good future prospect with the emphasis being on the word 'future'

He's too green right now and doens't deserve to jump ahead the likes of Rauf, Shinwari and Junaid, etc.

20. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    i havent watched the aussie series but in PSL the guy looked like a finished product. Pakistani bowlers usually develop once they start playing international cricket. Traditionally Pakistan would take him to the world cup.

21. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    He looked like a near finished product when it comes to his runup and action and the speed he was generating. But when it came to variations and movement he didn't look ready.

Let's see what Azhar can teach him.

22. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Let’s hope Azhar doesn’t teach him much. Azhar has a simple formula, bowl line and length and mix up the pace. He tries to apply the same formula for all types of bowlers, but not every bowler is the same. In t20s this works, because change of pace is very prominent when someone is trying to get after you. It also works for medium pace bowlers because they have no choice but to have impeccable line and length.

Fast bowling is about intimidation, aggression, knowing when to utilise those traits. Swing, esp reverse swing is a must for express bowlers nowadays. Azhar is all wrong for that type of bowler

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  23. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Akram reveals how Pakistan can unleash Hasnain’s full talent

Wasim Akram has noted that Pakistan need to keep using pace bowler Mohammad Hasnain in order to witness all the talent he has.

Hasnain made his international debut during the recent five-match ODI series against Australia in the United Arab Emirates, where he took two wickets in three games at an average of 78.

However, in order to see the 19-year-old perform like he did in the Pakistan Super League (PSL), Akram pointed out that Pakistan have to utilise him on a regular basis.

In the PSL, Hasnain stole the spotlight by picking up 12 wickets in seven matches for the Quetta Gladiators at an average of 17.58.

“By holding him back, what do you want to do? Cook him? When I came into the team, I was 17. I hadn’t played any cricket,” Akram was quoted as saying by PakPassion. “When Waqar (Younis) came, he was 18 and had played hardly any first-class cricket. The more he (Hasnain) stays around the team, the more his confidence and fitness will improve. In first-class cricket, his fitness won’t improve.”

https://battingwithbimal.com/2019/0...how-pakistan-can-unleash-hasnain-full-talent/

24. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Just keep him away from Azhar Mahmood.

25. Chishti

Chishti Formerly 'Winsome'

Jan 27, 2012
    Azhar Mahmood should have been kept away from the entire team.

26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Do you think Waqar will be able to help him, because he's new bowling coach now.

27. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    Yeah, he will help him because he himself a good bowler.

28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I second you, I reckon will in general is a good news for fast bowlers. All including Nasnain & Shaheen should get benefit from him. I still remember how Amir grew as bowler under his watch.

29. Chishti

Jan 27, 2012
    Once our main weapon was spin department, now we don't have quality spinners so we should prepare our faster blasters to take the charge and IMO, Waqar is the best choice to lead and guide them. If he works honestly, he will give us another Shoaib Akhtar or Waqar Younus.

30. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Naseem Shah is also a fine prospect. Reminds everyone of Shane Bond.

Gets a bit of movement into the batsman that naturally comes to him because of his action.

Hasnain is gun barrel straight but he has pace and so can learn how to move the ball.