Mohammad Irfan Watch Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Dec 25, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Best moment of the match was the stare he gave Gambhir after countless misses.. Then that Kohli wicket was awesome; he totally owned him. He's done well, lets see how he goes in the 2nd match.

2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    This is Irfan's first over in today's match:

3. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    I loved his agression.

4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
  5. FTB

FTB Emerging Player

Dec 16, 2012
    Was great to see a Pakistani blower bowling 90 MPH and showing some aggression. Thats exactly what we were missing. InshaAllah Irfan can keep this up

6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Fantastic to see him tear and and bowl fast and accurate. Aggressive as well. Great sight. He was really bending his back.

7. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    Was very much impressed with Irfans bowling display, the extra pace along with his height causing batsmen all sorts of problems. I do remember Merc saying he wasn’t able to bowl to his potential in England due to injury and pressure.

8. FTB

FTB Emerging Player

Dec 16, 2012
    Meant bowler, can't edit my post now :fp

9. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    he bowled well, I was impressed, I still think he can get more pace from his action, he can us ehis front arm more and also power through the crease a touch more, but he was far improved.. I wonder what his stamina is like, can he bowl a similar pace in an odi and maintain it?

10. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Wasim was saying the same thing in regards to his front arm. He doesn't utilize it much in his action at all. But I don't think his action should be tinkered with much at this point in his career.

11. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Looked very impressive pitching it on the right lengths. Got a little carried away in his final over but other than that was on the money.

12. Boi

Boi Emerging Player

Apr 2, 2010
    Impressive stuff from Irfan! Pace, bounce and some early movement! He, along with Rahat Ali - who I feel should be in India right now too - were very impressive in the recent FBT20, probably the best I came across along with Ehsan during the tournament.

Irfan's got all the ingredients to be a big success, the question is though whether he can maintain his fitness in the longer formats. Needs to be managed carefully!

13. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Looks like he has been pumping the iron;Looking more muscular and scary now. :)

Hopefully PCB will handle him well and not overplay him.

14. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Brilliant effort today, going at only 5 to the over in this carnage. Those balls to Yuvraj were legendary :D

15. Saj

Saj Formerly Saj001

Jun 2, 2012
    Had Yuvraj is tatters. :)

That was great to watch.

16. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Irfan is a real deal and today he proved that he can bowl well on the road also. He generated some very good bounce of this dead track. He is a must now for our limited overs teams and if his fitness is up to mark then Test team also. Would love to see him charging in in Whites with red cherry in his hands.

17. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I don't know if his fitness is up for Test Cricket but I guess if he can play 4 day games then he should be ok to play for Pakistan as we dont last more than 3 days anyway.

18. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Yes he has played 35 first class games so I don't think his fitness can be an issue in Test matches. It is a chance worth taking.

19. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    We just need to play him carefully so he doesnt break down.

20. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    2 special deliveries to Yuvraj Singh today by Mohammad Irfan.

21. mmkextreme_1

mmkextreme_1 Talented

Jan 20, 2010
    ^Those two bowls really made me jump out of seat. They were great bowls, really excited by this lad. The bounce he got on this dead track, just wow, needs to be going to SA. PCB need to manage his workload certainly, the guy can be asset to Pakistan Cricket.

Is his real age 30?

The guy has that "look," where he can truly intimidate the batsmen. Just imagine him staring you down from that height..sends shivers down my spine.

Also facepalm moment for Rameez in the above video.."Umar Akmal was surprised by that bounce..." fail moment.

22. Saul Goodman

Saul Goodman Smooth Operator

Jun 12, 2011
    Hopefully we can get some mileage out of him

23. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Mohammad Irfan was the greatest positive we had in this series. He was impressive during the 2 Tests he played but he was downright lethal in the 4 ODIs.

Matches: 4
    Wickets: 11
    Average: 13.72
    Strike-rate: 18.0

Some of the deliveries he sent down had the best batsmen in the world shaking their head. He hit 145 kph on multiple occasions and was surprisingly accurate with his bowling. Heck, he even pulled out the odd yorker to keep people honest. He looked like a complete bowler. Only issue again was his ability to fulfill his quota in 2 of the matches. We need him health for England.

24. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    ^Yeah he bowled really well.
    Was the best bowler from both sides this tour.
    Junaid also did a good job
    But spinners were disappointing

25. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    I'm not impressed with Mohammed Irfan yet.

Too many false dawns of late.

Plus he's 30.

You want a fast bowler you need an 18 year old who will run like the wind!

26. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    He's far from a complete bowler. He doesn't react fast enough, during today's game everyone could see hat the ball was bouncing high and rather than pitch it up and make the batsman play he kept bouncing it over the batsman. Sure it looks good and scares the hell out of the batsman but after the dozenth ball over his head the batsman gets used to it.

Plus his fitness does need a lot of work but given his height and the fact that he didn't start professional level training till he was 26 it's unlikely he will ever be as fit as a Gul, Younis or Malik.

27. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Bowled with pace, used the bounce to his advantage.

28. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    We've been waiting for another young bowler who will run in like the wind since 1998 and we've only had Sami.

Until this mythical teenage fast bowling messiah descends from the heavens let's just back the bowlers we do have like Junaid, Irfan and anyone else who raises his hand. Irfan has a good 5 years worth of cricket in him (at least) so that's good enough till someone better comes along.

29. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Tbh Irfan has done most of all that can be expected. At 30 and with poor fitness he's only a stopgap but he's a very good stopgap who's taken wickets again and again against one of the world's best lineups in their backyard.

30. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I was comparing him now to what we saw in England in 2010.

31. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Irfan will improve with some good coaching tips by someone like Waqar or Wasim.

He has been very good so far.

32. Namak_Halaal

Namak_Halaal Banned

May 12, 2012
    Pakistan has no shortage of talent. Pakistan is the most talented country when it comes to Cricket. We have produced bowler after bowler after bowler and have revolutionised cricket. Pakistan can find bowlers in the same place where all our legendary bowlers were found – grass root levels.

Finding them is one thing then training them is another which is why unless our players play English County Cricket we can forget about producing world class players.

This is also why Junaid is a better investment for the future of Pakistan, and why Mohammed Irfan is a short term trade.

Pakistan should be thinking long term. Time to take risks with younger players – India can do it so why can’t Pakistan?

33. Stan1

Stan1 Talented

Sep 8, 2011
    As a fast bowler he has very good variation, I think that's what the poster meant when calling him a complete bowler... the only complete fast bowler out there at the moment is Steyn.

34. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    GEO News is going to show some kind of a documentary on Muhammad Irfan's career at 10pm in the UK.

35. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Pakpassion to feature.....

Or CS, maybe?

36. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    It's already been aired in the UK they might show it again though at 10pm as I missed the first half of it

37. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Someone record and upload it pls

38. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Saw it little there was no mention of any website.

39. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
  40. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012