Mohammed Amir announces retirement from Test cricket (Amir Improved ranking) upd # 54

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by s_h_a_f, Jul 26, 2019.

1. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Breaking news. Good decision.

2. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    He said before that he was contemplating to retire from Tests.

Not as good a test bowler as he is in the shorter formats. Bowls well in England and Ireland though

3. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Good riddance. He wasn't trying his best in the format and he was below average.
    Only okay for ODIs and T20s. He can go make his money whilst rest play tests

4. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Will be dearly missed in non UAE venues.

5. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Amir should have carried on. He is still young. Disappointing to see him retire.

6. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  7. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Weak

8. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Yup very disappointing. Could’ve made tests exciting to watch.

9. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    The dude complains all the time about his fitness or how much workload he has. So it was expected for it to come. Got sick of him wanting some kind of special treatment where as other bowlers worked there butt off and got shafted aside for him. At least this decision will shut him up for good.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  11. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017

All the boys want to play T20s. That's truth. Only Mir Hamza and Abbas don't play T20 but they also try to play. Hassan Ali, Wahab, Shinwari, Shaheen are all in T20 plans. Why the hell are all our bowlers playing T20?

The only thing now PCB can do is refuse to select them for T20s. We will not win any T20 world cup. It's a garuntee. Shoaib Malik will not be able to play in Australia. Now Amir has given retirement it's time to look foward. Amir must play all Odis and T20s now. Also get in Haris Rauf and Faheem for T20s. No better bowler in T20s then Haris Rauf, if he's got potential then slowly get him into longer formats. Spinners should be Nawaz and Imad.

Seriously anyone can play T20 cricket. It's not hard at all.

12. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    To think he was being compared to Waseem at one point , but only to retire with 119 test wickets is disappointing to say the least. I was hoping he would refocus on his test match bowling and start picking up wickets, but wasn't to be i guess.

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I think whenever he gets rest then he bowls well after a break, which we have been when he was dropped from the team. This tells that his body is not strong enough to play all format, specially Test crickets, which take a toll at your body. However, he's 27.

Maybe instead of retiring now, cherry pick you games and manage your workload yourself. But its his decision and I respect that.

14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  15. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    He’s probably not 27 he is 31.

16. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    We don’t really know whats the actual intention.

If it’s the workload then he could’ve perhaps cancel all his pvt T20 league games in PSL and Bangla and WI etc.

But since it’s an era where making money is often preferred than worrying about the country - I won’t be surprised that he wants to extend his career to make more money in T20 leagues.

And even though he is an Indian but I do appreciate Ashish Nehra on two counts here.

First, he had an active and very lucrative contract with IPL - but soon as his career with the Indian national team was curtailed, he immediately cancelled his IPL contract as well.

His reason was, “The ultimate goal is to play for my country - and since I don’t have a chance anymore, I don’t need to play IPL. Money is not important than my only wish to play for India.”

Second. He is on the record cussing at Dhoni (maa bhen) during a match with Pak when Dhoni dropped a catch.
    Salute to you, Sir Nehra!

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    The point is when there are so many mickey mouse T20 leagues played, wherein these guys can make quick cash in only 3 hours by bowling 4 overs then whats the point in killing yourself for your country in a Test series, which will take a toll on your body.

Its a matter of priorities and I guess those days are long gone when players used to play for their country.

These days players play for themselves, be it mickey mouse T20 leagues or doing bare enough in ODI's and T20 to get you next game.

Priorities have changed !!!

Nevertheless, this shouldn't hurt Pakistan because he wasn't that effective in Test cricket anyway.

18. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    Per Cricinfo: Among Pakistan's fast bowlers, he has bowled 419 overs more than Hasan Ali in second place. Since he came back.

19. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    With how many wickets?

20. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016

21. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Disappointed at his decision. We need him in test cricket. We dont even need him in odis and t20s. ODIs and T20s is a youngsters game. Test cricket is mens game and he should have been retiring from limited overs than test cricket imo.

22. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
  23. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    He said, “ Kahan gayi bhayns ki doodh tumhari?”

That’s because Dhoni was known for consuming a large quantity of milk per day back in those days.

He never used any Ma, Behen gaali.

24. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  25. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Let’s use two brain cells to analyze the sentence structure.

Laying over the audio on what you stated.
    Yes, we could say as if it seems like he is saying

“Kahaan gai bhens ki doodh tumhari.”

But that is grammatically and logically retarded.

The correct sentence is,
    “Kahaan gai doodh ki bhens tumhari”

Anyway, Nehra recently opened up and admitted that it happened in heat of the moment where he said “Bhen ki %#*!” tumhari”.

It’s satisfying to hear this against Dhoni. He deserves this.
    A low life third class sportsman spirit is all what he had in the end.

26. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    Liar, liar, pants on fire! Nehra never admitted saying what you claim.

What!! When did he fix matches, or tamper with the ball, or take illegal substances like Nandrolone, or slap the coach of the team, or get banned for racially abusing an opposition player? Those are the traits of Pakistani players, always have been.

• Off Topic Off Topic x 1
    • List
  27. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
    Tampering the ball, fixing matches, slapping colleagues, getting away without a ban even though racially abusing opposition player, fingering the crowd have been traits of indian players.
    Pahle apne ghar pe to jhaank, jahil insaan.

28. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Becos hitting your teammate with a bat (akthar Asif), chasing the crowd with a bat (inzaman), admitting to ball tampering in an interview (Waqar), getting caught with cocaine at international airport (asif) etc is so much better.

you might want to crawl under the rock you came from.

29. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Can people get beyond the idiotic oneupmanship ? pretty sure none of the countries have anything to boast about ?

30. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    was totally predictable.

quite apart from the scummy moral fortitude of the player and the fact that he is a criminal, the other blameworthy problem is the PCB, chief selector and dumb fans who rushed him into the side well before he was ready, destroying him as a player.

31. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    Slapping your team mate in public (harb-sreesanth) getting banned for ball tempering (Dravid and there was another one too) Fingering the crowd (kholi), racially attacking players yet not even apologizing to them (harb), being honored and elected as MPA after fixing numerous matches (azhar),constantly using derogatorily language for neighboring country (gambhir) have all been trademark of indians.Yet you clowns point fingers at us.
    You will be better off living ur life as an aghori .

32. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Sree and Harb where not teammates. They were opponents in a pro league. Fights are common in every pro league.

Pak are hardly in a postion to complain about ball tampering. sugar tofee to shine vs bottle tops and nails to lift the seam? and dumb enough to admit that they have doing it for 15 years to the press?

Finger? aussie crowd deserved mooning. Proud of virat giving the one finger salute.

harb racial abuse got any proof? so you take Hayden and pup word over Harb? why? NZ judge didn't why are aussies more credible than harb. Sound like you worship goras.

Achar getting elected to parliment? you can blame hyderabadi muslims. Guess character doesn't count for much among some muslims. Atleast he never played for India. wat to look qayyum report.

derogatry remarks about neighboring contry? have you checked sohail tanvir's remarks and afridi (the ball eating pitch dancing clown) remarks.

you boy started shhokowhatever started it.

Now crawl back under the rock.

33. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    well that didnt take long did it. true colours always seep out of a poster who is the shiny brown shade of what most of his compatriots do in the streets of his home country.

what a disgrace to the many decent Indians in the world. this kind of disgusting, bigoted racism should be a banning offence for scum like you.

34. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    What a disgrace you truly are, aren't hyderabad part of india, what you said about muslims and fellow countrymen shows ur true hatred for them.And lol at slapping an opponent vs slapping ur team mate, it is a similar offence and to say its common so its acceptable is laughable.
    Virat fingering crowd is acceptable but inzi losing his cool on an indian who was abusing him with louder speaker isn't is amazing.You two beloved batters got caught doing tampering , you yourself aren't in any position either to point fingers at others.
    As for Harb, i know better on who to trust when it comes to loose mouth like harb and others.
    Like i said , go and live ur life as an aghori atleast that is still better than being a parasite.

35. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    I'll call out nonsense when I see it. Hyderabadis voted for a known fixer. He ran on Congress ticket which is known for catering to muslim vote bank. you have to be dumb to not know that. Knowing your post history I'm not surprised.

So slapping your idiot opponent is worse than hitting your teammate with a bat? Atleast your are consitent with your idiocy. congrats.

yup, crowd abuse need to be responded in kind.

So you trust Haydos and pup becos you know? OK.

As I said your boy shokoloko whatever started this. Indian fans are responding in kind.

Suck it up, butter cup.

• List
  36. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    You cannot justify your hate for muslim like that.Many hindus/others have voted for rapists,murderers and corrupt politician, but we dont go on and question the character of a race, atleast saner elements doesn't do that.
    Again, shoaib hitting a low life asif is similar to harb hitting sreesanth, both sreesath and asif have been proven to be fools, but violence still cant be justified.Maybe its hard for a pea brain aghori to understand.
    And lastly, ur bublu have brought these issue many time in this forum in past, completely forgetting the track record of indian players.
    Now put a stop to ur brain fart!

37. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Blah. There are hindus for whom character doesn't matter. I call them out too.

Interestingly, they also call for me to be banned too. Make what you will of that.

bigoted racism? You are so confused sweety. When did religion become a race?

• List
  38. BuccalSingh

Mar 21, 2016
    I'm sure you do, like you tanvir also passed offcolor remarks about hindus, why question him then?
    By any chance, do you suffer from hysterical blindness?

39. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    Yes I can. Azhar won from a muslim majority constituency, running for a muslim catering party..

The same applies to hindus, chirstians, jews etc etc. you put merit aside, you'll get called out.

• List
  40. pat

pat Emerging Player

Nov 25, 2018
    nothing off color about what I said. Muslims of hyderabad supported a known fixer. Fact.

Sohail tanvir insulted entire hindus becos he didn't get a job

you are the one who brought up Gambhir comments and I showed you the mirror. tough if you don't liike what you see.

• List