1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Muhammad Musa (new fast bowler) First Impression

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Feb 22, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016

His pace was decent too.

143kph 139kph 141kph 135kph 139kph

2. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Musa looked sharp but needs to develop the skill to swing/seam

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    When they were talking about Musa on his debut they mentioned that Waqar had said that Musa was the fastest bowler in the PSL. After watching him for 2 games and 8 overs, that's not true. At least not yet.

I think the commentator was adding masala, Waqar probably said he was one of the fastest which is true.

His fastest delivery was 143k which he clocked 2 or 3 times. He had multiple deliveries at 140k+ but overall he's still a late 130k bowler on average.

But given that he's only 18, there is potential for him to be hitting close to 150k in a few years. He's still very raw, not much variation and always seems to ruin a good over with a terrible last ball. But a great prospect to keep an eye on.

4. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Should be fast tracked to A team and maybe international side post WC.

Need to develop a yorker though.

5. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    he's quite short isn't he? not sure how threatening he can be.

6. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    He’s a good bowler but raw.

7. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    How tall was Malcolm Marshall? There's been plenty of shorter bowlers who were good enough.

Guys like Dale Steyn, Philander, Fidel Edwards, Gladstone Small, Mark Wood, Tino Best, Mustafizur, Darren Gough. I don't think Roach was that tall either. I'm sure others can come up with other names.

If he has the pace and can develop the variety then he could be quite a handful.

8. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    those guys were short by fast bowler standards, gough, steyn are 5'11, wood is 6'. gladstone small just seemed small cos he didnt have a neck, he was almost as tall as botham, just take a look.

[​IMG]

the only real short contemporary fast bowlers were best and edwards at 5'6 i think, and even they hardly had stellar international careers.

roach is 5'8 but he is a super skilled bowler, and was consistently fast when he was younger. like mid 150 mark.

i dont know exactly how tall he is, but he don't look much over an optimistic 5'8.

good batsmen will pick his short ball super quick, cos he will never be able to get big bounce off a good length. unless he adds at least another 10kmh, he will struggle, imo.

9. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    He was the quickest Pakistani in the u19 World Cup hitting up to 92mph in the semi final. He was sharp throughout the tournament, but particularly in that match he found something extra and was hitting 90mph with much greater regularity esp after his opening spell. Was consistently a few kph quicker than shaheen

He does seem like someone who gets quicker in his longer spells, settling in to his ideal rhythm. Maybe if these were 50 over matches you may see quicker deliveries.

Definitely one to keep an eye on and not waste like other promising u19s we’ve had such jamshed ahmed and akhtar ayub.

One major doubt I have about him is his age. He looked in his 20s in the u19 World Cup!

10. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    I won't let you down guys

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    That's real pace, I wonder why he seems slower now. Where was the u19 World Cup held?

Wasim Bari the chief selector told me that Jamshed Ahmed was too short as a fast bowler to be effective. Still annoys me to this day, that kid was talented.

12. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Depends how tall he is. I think 5'8-5'9 or more he should be ok but less than that he will need serious pace which it seems he might have.

13. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    It was held in New Zealand about a year ago.

It is exciting to see bowlers with good pace. There’s no doubt we have quite a few bowlers who can bowl in excess of 90mph - even Amir manages in t20s and I’ve seen Hasan do the same.

My main concern with our bowlers is that they don’t take their fast bowling seriously. They need to strengthen themselves and bowl more. Bowl longer spells so they understand how to get in to rhythm and sustain their pace. This is why Steyn is still able to bowl over 90mph at 35 years old

Remember that legendary story where Imran asked Wasim to bowl a long spell in a dead test match that was heading for a draw in order to help build his bowling muscles. We need some of that thinking back.

Enough of this tight lines and right areas from Azhar.

14. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Lot's of bowlers record their top speeds in New Zealand. Sami and Akhtar were bowling in the mid 150s. Zahid claims to have broken 100mph on an unofficial speed gun there. I think Rauf would easily clock over 150 there.

Our players dont want to get big because they worry they will get fat in the off season as they are too lazy to train regularly enough.

15. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    he looks shorter than that to me

16. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    well obviously. if he's able to be an awesome bowler, then he would be an awesome bowler.

im not sure ive seen signs he's able to do that - thats all I said.

17. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Whatever happened to Jamshed Ahmed and Akhtar Ayub? The just went off the map. Didn't even get a lot of first class games. Both seemed faster better bowlers than Anwar Ali.

18. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    He moved the ball in sf in NZ against India. Good prospect.

19. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Ayub had height and pace but never really impressed at domestic level. Jamshed Ahmed was picked up by one of the big domestic teams to stop anyone else getting him and then for some strange reason benched most of the time. He did well in the chances given but has barely played any cricket.

20. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Well we already know he has pace, that's not something you can really develop or be taught. Unless you're Atul Sharma.

The variations can be.

In that case, I'd like to seem him able to do it on these sort of wickets too.

21. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    Looks really good. Good pace and hitting the right lengths

22. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Which teams have Naseem Shah and Hasnain been selected by? I know Naseem is injured but I saw him in a dugout in one of the matches.

23. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Quetta

24. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Rookie pacer Musa aiming to be the next big thing from HBL PSL

[​IMG]

LAHORE: With his three wickets on his debut for Islamabad United against a formidable Peshawar Zalmi, rookie fast bowler Mohammad Musa has heralded his arrival and could be the next big thing in Pakistan cricket.

“I was on cloud nine, when I got to know that it’s my debut match on Friday. I had wished that I do my best and to have come out with three wickets gave me a fantastic feeling,” Musa said here on Saturday.

The 18-year-old from Islamabad dismissed Kamran Akmal for his first wicket before accounting for England’s regular Dawid Malan and finally double World Twenty20 winning West Indies captain Darren Sammy.

“I can’t describe my feelings,” said the unassuming lad from Islamabad. “I was encouraged by my captain (Mohammad Sami), coaching staff and all the players, so those were great moments.

“Before the PSL, I knew that this is the platform to break into international cricket and I will do my best to come into the reckoning for the Pakistan cricket team,” vowed Musa, who was picked in Islamabad United late last year.

The HBL PSL has that quality of throwing talent. Already there are names which can be quoted as the emerging stars from Hasan Ali to Shadab Khan, from Shaheen Shah Afridi to Faheem Ashraf and from Fakhar Zaman to Hassan Khan.

Musa had already played for Pakistan in the ICC U19 Cricket World Cup in New Zealand last year. He grabbed seven wickets in five matches, notable among them was his four for 67 against India in the semi-final, which led to praises from India coach and one of the greatest batsmen Rahul Dravid.

Musa made his first-class debut for Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited last year. Under an astute captain in Misbah-ul-Haq, Musa grabbed four wickets in the match (three for 39 and one for 74) against a formidable WAPDA.

His first wicket was former Pakistan captain Salman Butt.

“Misbah bhai encouraged me a lot and then Waqar Younis (director at Islamabad United) liked me and told me that I will be in Islamabad United team for the HBL PSL 4 and that pumped me up,” recalls Musa.

Musa is from a middle-class family, who has seen their first kid aiming it big in cricket.

“They just watch cricket and pray for me to become a big star for Pakistan.”

Musa has taken baby steps but his talent promises greater heights, pending hard and consistent work.

https://www.brecorder.com/2019/02/2...aiming-to-be-the-next-big-thing-from-hbl-psl/

25. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    In the later games I saw him hit 147k and 145k. Not as quick as Hasnain, Rauf, Wahab, Irfan, Hasan at the top end but he has potential.