My Perfect 2nd Test Team To Play England

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by haroon, Aug 3, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. haroon

haroon Banned

Aug 1, 2010
    1) Salman Butt (c)
    2) Imran Farhat
    3) Azhar Ali
    4) Mohammed Yousuf
    5) Umar Akmal
    6) Yasir Hameed
    7) Kamran Akmal(w)
    8) Mohammed Amir
    9) Umar Gul
    10) Saeed Ajmal
    11) Mohammed Asif

A brilliant team with a great batting order as well, please give feedback on what you think of the team and the batting positions, even if they are bad feedback.

Thanks.:)

2. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    I would pick the same team, but there is a big question mark over Kamran Akmal who im sure will be able to bounce back from his terrible form.

3. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    BANG ON haroon .. this is the team which can produce some better results with the bat ..

4. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    yea but MoYo won't be playing in the 2nd test :( .. this is wht i read on some website .. we have to wait a tad longer ..

had they picked Younis Khan (who happens to b in the UK currently) he would have straightaway joined the team ^_^

5. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    I agree this team is possibly the best option we have except Kamran ....... If he drops 2-3 england top order catches/stumps we gonna loose the match no matter who we have batting

6. Gulli-boy

Gulli-boy Youngsta Beauty

May 14, 2010
    MoYo wont make much difference unless he's in the form of his life, id just say drop Kamran, he was the main reason we lost the match, we need to be persistent with a young side, even if it means we risk losing, in time they'll gain experience and replace Amin with Yasir Hameed. What's going to happen when MoYo actually leaves the game, who will be our saviour then?

7. asif peerzada

asif peerzada Youngsta Beauty

Jun 10, 2010
    The team is good. But i think hameed should replace farhat rather than malik. I know farhat played a gud inning against aussies. That was only possible when he was dropped at 4. He never plays a long innings without being dropped once or twice by the opposite fielders. Malik is out of form, but he has the capacity of playing a long and neat inning.

We need to give chances to young players but that doesn't mean we will change the team all at once. Young players can only grow well if the have the support of seniours with them. It would have been better that Azhar Ali or Umer Amin batting along with Younis or Yousuf. That will boost their confidence.

8. M.Shehzad

M.Shehzad Youngsta Beauty

Aug 4, 2010
    2nd Test Team Should be ,

1.Salman Butt
    2.Yasir Hameed
    3.Azhar Ali
    4.Mohammad Yousuf
    5.Umar Amin
    6.Umer Akmal
    7.Zulqernain Haider
    8.Mohammad Amir
    9.Umer Gul
    10.Saeed Ajmal
    11.Mohammad Asif

9. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    Zulqarnain haider can't bat from what i've heard but can keep better

10. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    Im pretty surprised they havent brought in the 3rd akmal who is meant to be a brilliant keeper but he isnt too good with the bat either.

11. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    WHAT!? how many akmals are there?!?!?

12. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    hahahahahahahhahahaha plzzz nooo!

ya u r talking bout adnan akmal. Yaar i am against so many ppl of the same family in one team. I think it undermines national interest. no matter how good adnan akmal is i am sure theres atleas 1 mroe person in the country as good as him. so team has to reflect national makeup of the country not a family makeup :p (unless its a local galli team behind akmals house :D ... then all 3 can play i dont mind )

13. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    Three..... 3rd one is wicketkeeper as well and he is 22 or 23 i believe (older than umar akmal)

14. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    wow no imran farhat?? didnt he play most balls from the top 3 batsmen in last inning (azhar,butt, amin) if i am not incorrect...

15. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    LOL just to tell u i am pretty sure that babar azam is a cousin of the akmals.:))

Adnan has improved this year, he was good with bat and gloves, (not saying he should play) he may get a chance doh. If he proves to be good with pakistan A.

And i hope ur not against Umar akmal. The guy is young he needs guidence

16. Amar

Amar Youngsta Beauty

Jun 4, 2010
    No logic of dropping farhat,opening pair is settling with time,so we can not do more experiments......e.g we bring Hameed with Butt in opening and it flops than what?change opening for 3rd test.....it does,nt make a sense...we have to stick with current opening pair.

17. M.Shehzad

Aug 4, 2010
    Well, if you see the last 10 innings of Imran Farhat, totally failed..look at his average and matches he played. If you are goin to compare him with youngsters in the case of how much balls he faced then it is not fair. In Australia, New Zealand, Srilanka, and now England, he is not consistant, he plays one good inning aftr every 10 innings,,thats crap

18. M.Shehzad

Aug 4, 2010
    Imran Farhat Last 10 Innings: 53, 22, 38, 14, 4 , 24, 43, 67, 19, 15 = Avg. 29.90....Thats Crap for a test Opener, Total MAtches he played. 36 , total Innings, 69........abhi bhi set ho raha hai? yah learning ker raha hai?

19. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    Ya i agree with you on that.... he is not consistant. thats a problem w/ most paki batsmen (instead of 2-3 in the past decade: inzi, younis, yousuf)..... including salman butt, farhat and list goes on...

they perform good in 2 innings out of 10 lol.

20. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    hahahahha nahi bro i m not against him.... he is good player... i was just saying in light of the national interest it seems the right thing to do if u make a team that represents a nation as best as possible and not just 1 group of ppl or 1 family :p

thats all. like i said if adnan is improving i am sure tons of other playes in pak A team are as well... so its not like he is the only talent out there

21. BALOCH_786

BALOCH_786 Talented

May 5, 2010
    hahahahahaha 'learning ker raha hai' :D

indeed sad.....

also didnt imran nazir few months back (after beeing 10 yrs in international cricket) say in an interview that he is just learning how to play cricket.

22. M.Shehzad

Aug 4, 2010
    Shoaib Malik Last 15 innings, Avg. 31.20 loooooooool......Test player:)......He used to be very COnsistant..He used to be my favt. player, But I dont like him anymore since he starts politics and ruined the team unity....I would love to replace him by Fawad alam. he is very consistant...

23. Amar

Amar Youngsta Beauty

Jun 4, 2010
    Keeping in view the pitches and the teams against these 10 innings has been playd still these are better stats than lot of other guys in the team....only one inning short of double figure....so why only him....our captains last two innings 1,8......so is it also a crap???

24. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    hey that 15 runs was the highest in that pakistani innings:D

25. Amar

Amar Youngsta Beauty

Jun 4, 2010
    infact the 2nd highest kaneria being the first with 16*!