My target is to take wickets: Mohammad Amir

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 30, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    "It´s a dream come true," Amir told AFP ahead of Pakistan´s first match against West Indies at Trent Bridge on Friday. "Every cricketer dreams of representing his country in a World Cup so this is my chance.

"My target is to take wickets and be a third-time lucky in England after winning the World Twenty20 and Champions Trophy," said the paceman, recalling Pakistan´s triumphs in England in 2009 and 2017.

Amir said Pakistan had positive memories of playing in England, which they hoped to take into the World Cup.

"Our triumph in the World Twenty20 was excellent and then the Champions Trophy -- the impact of those wins are with us and the amount of support we get in the UK is extraordinary, so naturally we will like to match those.

"People love the Pakistan team and come in large numbers to support us. I can´t forget the final of the Champions Trophy at the Oval (2017)."

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/478419-world-cup-a-dream-come-true-for-pakistans-mohammad-amir

2. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    He's right. I think he has won every tournament he has played in England for Pakistan!
    What a achievement so far

3. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    So has Shehzad lol.

4. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Oh really? What from sitting on the bench :D:D.
    Need to get him in asap then, put some eggs under him too whilst he's at it, may as well make use of him!

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Amir has been class. 13 wickets so far. Unfortunately can’t do it all on his own.

6. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    Amir’s economy in this WC= 4.72
    Rest of Pakistan= 7.22

Amir’s avg in this WC= 13.07
    Rest of Pakistan= 61

Amir’s SR in this WC= 16.61
    Rest of Pakistan= 50.66

Amir has taken 46.42% of Pak’s wickets in this WC

7. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Cant expect anyone to things singlehandedly but how many top order wickets does Amir have so far?

In the last two games both India and Australia have laid huge platforms because we haven't taken new ball wickets.

8. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Yes he hasn't but not totally his fault. Look at his partners who have released pressure he built. They haven't helped him either

9. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Amir has been our best bowler. What type of Coach is Azhar Mahmood?? Wasim Akram type fantasy he is having. With these limited bowlers like Hasan and others you need to tell them to pick line and length and hit that.

10. baqir

baqir Cornered Tiger

Sep 17, 2012
    Amir has been Pakistan’s only hope in the World Cup. One of the most threatening fast bowler, needs support from the other end. Riaz and Hassan Ali should at least learn from his lines and length

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    We are never satisified and are still criticising Amir.

He's the highest wicket taker this world cup eventho he hasn't taken wickets with the new ball but he has created enuf pressure for the bowler at the other End to strike.

12. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Agreed the lack of pressure from the other side is a bit of a factor. However, being completely realistic, Amir is a very good containing bowler but I dont think he can run through a side.

13. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Everyone is scared of Amir in this world cup. England with gung go approach took him on and he would have gotten Root.

A intl batsman especially of Sharma and Rahul class will be able to keep Amir at bay. I think Amir can work on seam movement. Lot is talked about swing but seam movement also creates doubts. Big plus is Amir has found that length and he's a smart bowler. Cannot belive we were about to leave him out.

14. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Yes it is true he can't run through a side himself but which bowler nowadays can?

I think he is exceptional. No complaints from me

15. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    The top sides have a couple of decent bowlers that can bowl in tandem.

It’s Amir on his own I’m afraid. They can just see him off when the likes of Hassan Ali are going for 9 an over on the other end.

16. Pakistanalltheway

Pakistanalltheway Smooth Operator

Jul 16, 2012
    I agree. There is something definitely lacking and as Akram keeps pointing out he needs to work on bringing the ball back into the right hander like he used to be able to do.

17. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    How many of these wickets did Amir take in his first spell?

Just a question

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

18. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    I’ll be the first to admit I didn’t want him anywhere near the World Cup squad and was furious at his selection.

He has proved a lot of people wrong, Including myself. Since the first game I have been screaming his name as loud as I can with everybody else as he runs into bowl and he’s literally the only good thing about the side right now.

This is the Mohammed Amir we want to see consistently. I’m really intrigued to see how he continues on from here especially with a red ball.