1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Name the seamer you think can play test cricket!!!

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by isaacking, Jun 26, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Let me start with one who I believe will make it to Test sooner or later; Mohammed Rameez.

I know he is not on the radar of selectors for last few years as he lack pace but inshallah soon we will we see him bowling for Pakistan.

2. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    I've heard a lot about Zia ul Haq. Haven't seem him bowl yet but there looks to be an air of expectation about the lad.

3. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    He hasn't played in the last 2 games for the U19s. I hope he isn't injured or if he is, I hope it isn't serious.

Haven't seen Mohammad Rameez but Tabish Khan and Sadaf Hussain have been bowling well for a while now.

4. Zeeraq

Zeeraq Talented

Apr 28, 2012
    Umaid Asif, he can seam the bowl with good speed

The good thing is we're gonna see him in CLT20 in South Africa this October :)

5. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Rameez medicore bowler. Has got No movement

For me its nasir malik and sadaf hassan

6. 1137moiz

1137moiz Tracer Bullet

Jun 30, 2011
    Is this uncapped bowlers? Sadaf Hussain the lanky left-arm swing bowler looks a very handy prospect

7. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Rambo is mediocre for sure. His stats say lot of good thing about him.
    http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/content/player/270329.html

Are we all looking only for Left-Arm bowlers?

I believe that Sadaf, Rahat & Zia-ul-haq all need to spend sometime in A-team before to be considered for National Selection. This will give them a taste of international cricket & also allow Junaid some time to prove his mental.

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
    What happened to Muhammad Talha?

And Tanvir Ahmed, he is bit slow but bowled well in few test matches he played, was a good late order batsman as well.

9. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Tanvir's age & his ability with older ball is an issue.

Regard to Talha,I heard a lot about him but he doesn't seem to have that kind of seam movement to trouble a set batsman. I can be wrong about him unfortunately he is injured a lot for me to see more of him.

10. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Also looks like he is capable of holding a bat which always helps when you have a tail as poor as ours.

He has a very good FC record. Would like to see more of him. 164 wickets in 35 matches is something to be proud of. However he wasn't selected for the Punjab squad in the Pentangular Cup 2012. Hope he gets a chance next year so he can show how good he is against some of the best FC cricketers in Pakistan.

11. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    sadaf hussain.

he swings it big, i saw him bowl for pindi when they played against habib bank in last year's quaid-e-azam trophy, he meant business.

n as Zeeraq bro said, umaid asif is another promising bowler n his height gives him a lot to offer in tests.

12. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    Can't wait to hear Waqar commentating with Sadaf bowling!

'That one swung big!!'

13. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    i heard the "swing" in my ear :waqar :rofl

14. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    talha , sadaf hussain, rao iftikhar, rahat ali

15. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 10, 2011
  16. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    rao iftikhar must be tried in tests too he has a very gud strict line and length and bowls consistently in one area . now that we dont have likes of Asif and Amir we should experiment with playing rao in test matches

17. AAKS

AAKS Youngsta Beauty

Sep 18, 2011
    Sadaf Hussain and Tabish Khan, both have exceptional 4 day records and their bowling styles are also suited to the longest format.

18. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Waqar doesnt rate sadaf much, as he himself dint select hom at all against west indies

19. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    I think nasir malik is a better bowler then sadaf.

20. sheikh

sheikh Emerging Player

May 10, 2010
    I think I can turn the ball over....i think I'm ambidextrous....I can bowl right and left handed. I may be overweight but who cares...if Inzaman can make it so can I.

21. AAKS

AAKS Youngsta Beauty

Sep 18, 2011
    There are two ways you can get selected, first one is to marry a selectors daughter or the second more simple way is that you can just change your last name to Akmal, that will surely get you in the team.

22. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    you keep naming players from pindi region blindly!!

have u ever seen nasir malik bowl??

23. AAKS

AAKS Youngsta Beauty

Sep 18, 2011
    Sadaf is also from Pindi btw

24. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    lol read post number 11, i'm also from pindi :p

shahrukh keeps naming players from pindi, even if he hasn't seen them play.

25. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Not my fault if pindi is producing good bowlers :p..

26. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Haseeb azam another player i like. He is the brother of hammad azam. He has got a better boelinh avg thrn hammaf in domestic..

Ehtesham bhai, thing is i follow rawalpindi games more.

27. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    yeah i know u follow pindi games more but, have u ever gone to pindi stadium to watch any of the above mentioned players play?? be ture on this!!

just sitting on computer, looking at averages n then naming bowlers with lesser averages here doesn't mean u know a lot about bowling. tbh this kinda stuff is mostly done by wannabe cricket fans.

haseeb is a very mediocre player btw.

28. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Hey, mohsin khan use to select players like that and he was quite successful.

No i havent been to the ground to watch them. And i judgr them by score cards. And one thing i have notice is sadaf has mostly taken his wickets on rawalpindpitches(which r bowling pitches) while nasir takes wickets on different pitches of the country. Nasir was very good 2 years ago, but last year he dint play enough games due to any injury

29. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011

lol mohsin was successful?? gotta be kidding me. what good did he do??

good on your part that atleast you know pindi wicket is bowlers friendly!! but, i don't think anybody stops nasir from taking wickets here in pindi, i mean making use of conditions is still a task.

i didn't like sohail tanvir at all but the way he bowled in srilanka was tremendous, however the conditions were friendly to fast bowling but can't take credit away from him. same is the case with sadaf!!

i haven't seen nasir bowl yet n will only be able to talk about him after watching him bowl.

30. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Mohsin was very good selector. He bought many new guys like umar
    Amin, azhar ali, shafiq, tanvir ahmed, zulqarnain, adnan akmal

31. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    any on job selector would have selected the above mentioned as they all had scored runs n in tanvir's case taken wickets. The question is, what different did he do which conventional selectors won't do??

he would have been good, if he had produced a good fast bowler or atleast have tried to find one!! he only liked checking averages n selecting on reputations.

32. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Not neccessary. Who said selectors would had selected the above
    Mentioned names? Lol......

To be hobest if ot wasn't for mohsin khan and mohammad ilyas, shafiq and azhar ali would had not been selected that easily.

There are many selectors who dont select players based on merot, which mohammad illyas and mohsin khan did

Shafiqs selection was quite a surprise, he was added inmediately in to the team after being with the pakistan A team in sri labka..

Azhar ali's selection only came after he scored a century in one of the practise games that pcb had and cricistan was able to provide us score cards...

33. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    Though ibstead of the farhat issue, illyas did a very good job as a selector

34. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    probably Sadaf Hussain, big strapping lad, a leftie Harmison if you like but not as pacy.