Nawaz confirms Pak role in 26/11 attack in India

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Passionate Pakistani, May 12, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Quiet for a full day and now when National security council meeting is going to be held tomorrow..this is pmln statement.

[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    PTI supporters mantra - “Whether NS speaks truth or false, whether he does good or evil, whether he exposes the real culprits , whether he loots or not we will criticize him, call him traitor, looter, corrupt, scumbag and what not. NS is the most evil person on this planet earth and those who help in taking him behind the bars or remove him from the post, keep him out of politics we will praise and worship them no matter how shady and bad they are after all they are helping out for the real cause to see our beloved as PM”

3. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Pti supporter this PTI supporter that blah blah blah

The obsession is unreal.

4. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    People asking for Nawaz Sharif to be tried for treason for this. I mean what a joke yaar. Where were all these people when in 2011 US Seals came all the way to Abbottabad and supposedly killed Osama bin Laden the most wanted man in the World on Pakistani soil. And our Army said they were not aware of this operation, lololol. Was that biggest treason or this interview? Shouldn't the Army Chief of that time be tried for treason?

5. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Main saab the visionary

@MaryamNSharif: جو میاں صاحب نے کہا ملک کے بہترین مفاد میں کہا۔ملک کو کیا بیماری کھوکھلا کر رہی ہے میاں صاحب سے بہتر کوئی نہیں جانتا۔وہ علاج بھی بتا رہے ہیں

And his youmger brother

@CMShehbaz: PMLN rejects all assertions, direct or implied, made in news report of DAWN,dated 12-5-18. State of Pakistan & all its institutions stand together in the global fight against terrorism. We strongly believe that interests of Pakistan r supreme to all personal & political interests

Great Good cop and Bad Cop gameplay

But No, Mian saab is saying this for Pakistan.

6. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Arey bhai, Dr. Shakeel Afridi wouldn't be in prison if that operation didn't happen. The poor guy got jailed on treason charges because he helped US with info on Osama.

Your army has some cheek, I must give them that. Osama was living within some 5-6 kms of an army base in Abbottabad, yet your army denies of any knowledge of this operation. :D

And now suddenly Nawaz is a threat big enough to be tried for treason. LOL. ItsI just unbelievable to see most Pakistanis falling for this army topi drama.

7. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    In Pakistan even speaking of peace with India makes you a traitor. How will we make progress with this mentality I have honestly no idea.

8. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Exactly. This world needs more Pakistanis that think like you.

9. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    I dont see the conflict between peace with India, which I think the vast majority of people on both sides of the border want, and protecting national security integrity by not blabbing all over the press as an ex-three times pm. by all means, attempt to be honest, wipe out terrorism unilaterally, but to drop idiotic statements like this several years after the event voids any sense of sincerity or honesty.

if he was a pioneer for freedom and honesty, why did it take being suspended, and at the tail end of a trial where most commentators believe he will be found guilty of massive scale embezzlement for him to stand for truth and justice.

its very obviously not about the truth of the matter, its about him and his desperation at all costs to seem relevant and to cling on to the empire he has stolen from the poor in the country.

10. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    The issue it not peace, I have not come across a single Pakistani or Indian that does not want peace, the issue is how to achieve peace, and given Kashmir, it is difficult to conceive.

11. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    To be honest both sides needs to move from their respective positions and come to a common ground. This is the only way of turning this region into a prosperous region or else it will continue like this till end of times.

12. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    Agree, but then it goes back to the question, how can the Kashmir issue be resolved?

13. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    As I said India should move from their stance on Kashmir. You need two to tango.

14. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Question is what are we doing to prove to the world that Pakistan does not support terrorism. Why cant we punish the perpetrators thats a simple question he is asking irrespective of what his vested interest is. The problem is with the mindset of those Pakistanis who are calling him traitor but as fact of matter is he is only calling the spade a spade. Pakistan wants to stay away from the gray or black list but also want to continue to appease the terrorist organization and their leaders as long as those are bad with enemy but good with them. NS is right, world is not buying into our notion unfortunately despite of all these sacrifices.

15. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    Any India says Pakistan should move from their stance etc.

It's a never ending spiral that has been going on for 70 years.

Which is why I do not see how Nawaz admitting to 26/11 helps the cause (assuming Pakistan were involved).

16. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    Why hasn't the Indian supreme court indicted Modi for Gujrat and religious terrorism even though the USA/UK banned Modi from entering the UK/USA? Let me guess, something called evidence, right?

At least Pakistan supreme court banned Nawaz from office based on empirical evidence.

17. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    the problem with the blind nawaz followers is that their measure of right and wrong fits only to their lord sharif. the fact is that the government has been so weak since the creation of the state that the army has been able to do what it wants, given budgets BY THE GOVERNMENT, sovereignty has been sold to foreign powers for aid, for money and for laundering rights.

without looking at the root cause of corruption, its pointless pointing to one or two symptoms and decrying those as if they have occurred in isolation.

but the blind cant see no matter how much you tell them that they are about to eat poop.

18. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Modi's atrocities impacted India within. Mumbai attack perpetrators were involved in attacking outside Pakistan and hence the consequences. Simple! Again the problem with many of the current critics is that they wont accept this simple reality unless IK says so. Deep down inside they all know that NS is speaking the truth.

19. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    That wasn't the point. The point was the entire world knew about Modi and his antics, yet India did not do squat about it and Modi is PM! Same parallels with Pakistan and terrorism. The world knows about it but Pakistan is criticised for not doing anything about it?

People talk about Taliban but fail to realise Taliban is the result of the vacuum created by Russia/USA in Afghanistan. Taliban is not the creation of Pakistan. USA can barely control their border with Mexico, and they expect Pakistan to control their border with Afghanistan.

20. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Mumbai attacks had nothing to do with Taliban

21. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    Don't worry about it, you are not getting the point.

22. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    jee acha

23. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Two very basic questions,

Why Nawaz didnt say a word when he was at the helm?

And also, why he never said a word about Indian monkey kulbhushan?

24. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    Exactly.

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    People are jumping up and down without even know iota about ground reality, due to their inabilities to read between lines.

26. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    He is saying it now because the boots are on his tail but that still doesn't change the truth behind what he is saying

I'm sorry but this is a childish question. why he is saying this and not that

27. DONhill

DONhill Talented

Feb 4, 2015
    Yes folks you heard it here first. NS is out for peace, decides to extend an olive branch once the boot is on the other foot.

28. Mad Genius

Mad Genius Cornered Tiger

Oct 6, 2014
  29. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Bro are you feeling ok, so this is you do then you have no answer?

Oh really, is it childish question, I am sorry but yours even even bigger one. When one chose to do mud slinging on his own country, then why not even say a word about a terrorist from your biggest enemy?

30. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Basically Nawaz is speaking for Indian casualties and not a single word about what they did in our country.. but its all okay. At least he is pointing out one thing. Patwarkhana logic.

31. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Noon's and Zardari are at the helm, not only because of corruption, but also because of some vocal voice like we've witnessed in this thread so far.

People are moaning without even realizing the ground realities.

32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Also another question who're supporting Nawaz here, do you people remember 'Dawn Leaks'? Do you remember the Newspaper, remember the Journalist?

Why the same Newspaper, Same Journalist, Same Party and Leader are going gaga here again?

33. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    So lets say that Nawaz Sharif is shameless and he is doing this to save his head but do you really feel that whatever he is saying is incorrect and needs to be fixed for the sake of this country ?

My focus is on the problem of Pakistani establishment harboring terrorist that is causing harm to our country's reputation globally. We need to clean our house first before mud slinging on others. Again your focus is one dimensional - anti Nawaz.

34. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Show me where have I said its incorrect? What I said is that why he's singing now, why was he quite since 2015?

Also not even a word about India's monkey who had done bigger damage to Pakistan?

Answer me.

My focus is one dimensional - anti Nawaz, and what about your focus? Who has done APS Peshawar school massacre? Who has being playing filthy game in Balochistan? Who has been aiding MQM to deteriorate circumstances?

35. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  36. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  37. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
  38. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Lust of power is the only answer. The same lust that prevents all our civilian leads to not unite and sit in the arms of the establishment situation permitting

I'm willing to discuss with you on that but if you can create a separate thread on that.

39. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    PM Abbasi should clarify statements given to defend Nawaz, asks Imran

Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf Chairman Imran Khan on Monday said that Prime Minister Shahid Khaqan Abbasi should clarify the statements he made in order to defend Nawaz Sharif's remarks.

"After PM Abbasi's press conference, I feel it is pertinent for me to address this issue," Imran Khan said while addressing a press conference in Islamabad.

PM Abbasi, during a press conference earlier in the day, said that Nawaz's statements about the Mumbai attacks in an interview to Dawn were being misrepresented by Indian media. He urged that people in Pakistan should not become a party to the propaganda.

"However, we need to first understand this story completely before I come back to the prime minister's statement," Imran said.

The PTI chief said the Indian media celebrated Nawaz Sharif's statement as "their stance on the matter has always been that the Pakistan Army was involved in this whole matter."

"Barkha Dutt wrote in her book that Nawaz and Indian Prime Minister Modi met in secret in India, because Modi was trying to hide the meeting from the extremist elements in his party while Nawaz was trying to hide the meeting from Pakistan army," Imran Khan said while adding that it was after this meeting that Modi had called Pakistan's chief of the army staff of the time "the sardar of terrorism."

"Nawaz said Pakistan had stalled the [Mumbai attacks] trial, while both previous interior ministers said that it was India that stalled the case.

"My question is, Nawaz Sharif was the prime minister for four years, his party is about to complete a five-year term, why did he not do anything about this matter during all this time?" the PTI chief asked.

He demanded: "Why did he not try and stop non-state actors during his time as a prime minister and if he could not stop them, why did he not resign?"

"When I went to India, people were discussing Pakistan Army and Nawaz Sharif, and the perspective was that it is the [Pakistan] army that is creating problems for them, however, Nawaz wants to have a good relationship with India," Imran Khan said.

"We need to understand why this statement was issued at this time. It has come now because Nawaz knows the accountability court will soon announce it's verdict [in the National Accountability Bureau references]," the PTI chief said.

"Nawaz was asked two fundamental questions in the case and he could not answer either of them, instead he decided to malign the judiciary and the armed forces," the PTI chief said, while adding that if Nawaz gets another NRO today "both the judiciary and the army will be back in his good books."

"Nawaz is standing by his statement while the prime minister insists that the statement was misquoted in the Indian media. Well then Abbasi and Shahbaz Sharif both need to explain how the statement has been misquoted in the Indian media," the PTI chairman demanded.

A three-time PM is not expected to speak of national security with such recklessness: Siraj
    Muttahida Majlis-i-Amal (MMA) leader and Jamat-i-Islami Chief Sirajul Haq also commented on the matter and said that Nawaz has chosen an inopportune moment to comment on the Mumbai attacks.

"Every clarification that Nawaz is giving is hurting him and his political party. He should accept his mistake," Haq said.

"A three-time prime minister is not expected to speak of matters of national security with such recklessness," the JI chief said while adding that Pakistan is "under international pressure which is why all political leaders should be careful while speaking about national matters."

Nawaz's statement is badly timed: Musharraf
    Former president Pervez Musharraf also commented on the controversy and said that Nawaz Sharif's statement is badly timed.

"Nawaz Sharif's statement was badly timed and he has placed blame on Pakistan's army and the establishment," Musharraf said.

"Nawaz had earlier chosen to withdraw our forces from Kargil and then blame me for it," he said while adding that Nawaz, who was prime minister at the time, was pressured into making the call by the US on India's request.

"He went to the US and ordered the withdrawal of our troops from there and then proceeded to blame me for the events of Kargil," Musharraf said.

He said the timing of the comments suggest that there must be "some hidden reason behind it."

https://www.dawn.com/news/1407648/p...y-statements-given-to-defend-nawaz-asks-imran

40. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Pakistanis politicians will never learn. Continue to pull each other on subject where they should be united.