Naya Pakistan - an unbiased observation

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by godzilla, Feb 4, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    Here in Pakistan, I am anxious to avoid the journalists’ disease of claiming expertise on a country after a few days. But it has been very instructive, and I am impressed by the start Imran Khan has made to addressing the complex and intractable problems that have hamstrung this state of 200 million talented people. Every Pakistani government has claimed to be making efforts to tackle corruption, and the colossal misapplication of state funds, and pretty well every government has been lying about that. But Imran Khan does seem to be fighting the hydra, and with an extraordinary level of application – I heard yesterday direct and separately from a Federal Minister and a Provincial Governor examples of how remarkably closely Khan is following their work.

[...]

So the government faces massive challenges in making progress in areas where Pakistan has rightly been criticised in the past, but I feel much more confident they will make progress than I did before I came. I should also say that the overwhelming kindness and hospitality I have received from people at all levels has been very touching. It is a fascinating country to visit and in the next few days I shall be seeing a large number of historical sites, following in the footsteps of Alexander Burnes.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2019/02/from-karachi-to-caracas/

apparently it takes someone with little history in the country to see the obvious context that is so obvious it can be seen from space.

2. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Good read.

Travel & Tourism is an vital economic activity in most countries around the world and I think its on the rise in Pakistan too.