NBA Thread

Discussion in 'Sportistan' started by zkhan427, Oct 30, 2013.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I couldn't find one, so I might as well start one

Really excited for this season...there is a lot more competition than last year and it is not as predictable.

I'm a knicks fan hoping we can deal Amare this year. I know Inswinger and SwingNSeam are fans too.

Who you guys got this year?

2. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Nice! I was thinking of starting one..good stuff.

Yeah I hope the knicks come through, but the competition this year in the East is crazy. With the nets breathing down the knick's neck, chi (with drose), philly and the pistons (look legit this year).

The west has always been competitive.

I think we're in for a good season iA.

My teams:
    Knicks
    Pistons

Want the teams to do good:
    GSW
    M. Timberwolves
    Pacers

3. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    If the cavs have another decent-ish season then lebron might head on over there, playing with irving.​

4. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Time for Bulls to shine.

5. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    i cant stand the pacers! I don't trust the health or coaching of the nets. I also think (and hope) Lebron wouldn't go back to Cleveland with their delusional incompetent ownership.

6. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    rose tripped a little on birdman, but still was frozen by this move

7. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    He's taking it easy on his knees... I'm guessing that's why he didn't follow him through. The crossover wasn't all that tbh.

8. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Cant go full in yet. Afraid to risk another injury.

9. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    come on now...it was pretty nice! even without him tripping over birdman he was completely stepping in the wrong direction...it reminded me of this 2nd crossover

10. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Can't wait for tonight! Knicks tip it off against the Bucks. It'll be interesting to see how they use Bargs. Melo will likely start at the 4 and Artest will start at the 3. There's not a lot of shooting around Melo this season.

Felton
    Shumpert
    MWP
    Melo
    Chandler

The defense should be really good with Shump on the perimeter and Chandler in the pain. Artest is there to help out as well.

11. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Taking it easy on the knees is just an excuse. He needs to get his head out of his ass now. He's had a full season off to heal and come back. Shump got hurt the same day as him and was back 6 months earlier than Rose. He's got to regain the confidence.

12. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I'd do that if I were Lebron. Wade is getting old fast and the window is closing in Miami. But pair up Lebron and Irving, that's a dominating combo.

13. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Do you think woodson will go with a 2 PG lineup like he did last year? It usually worked pretty well for us having felton and prigioni start with shump, melo, chandler

14. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    The 2 PG lineup gives us a lot of clearance on the floor when it comes to offense but the defense on the perimeter takes a big his. Feltn and Prigs are not good defenders. I think we'll go with Shumpert at the 2 for a while. Ig he struggles then JR or Prigs might start.

15. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    JR will never start as long as woodson is coach. Even when sumpert and others were injured he preferred JR off the bench.

16. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    I was talking to a neurosurgeon (who happens to share the love for nba also) and he was telling me about the problems with knee surgeries and how there is one team doc and one personal doc for pkayers.. The team doc is on a teams payroll to get the player going.. But if the personal doc says no then it's in the best interest of the player to make a comeback when they're ready.

Knee injuries are among the worst, in a sense they're career killers.

17. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    I don't get what's the coach's game plan by doing that.. Jr goes nuts if he gets going and that's what the team needs.

18. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    World peace was a good addition tbh. Hopefully he can bring the aggressive play nature to the knicks.

It's just that this season the knicks can't take a break.. Too many good teams in the east this year.

19. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Especially a torn acl which in many cases takes upto an entire year for full recovery and its very difficult to come back to the same level after it as well.

20. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Look what happened to Simon Jones.

21. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I've seen it happen myself. You just dont become the same again.

22. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Torn ACLs are not the kiss of death they were 10 years ago. It' common for athletes to come back from ACL surgeries and be just as good as before. And it's really become a trend for players to come back early. Take AP for example. He had ACL surgery and came back in less than a year to rush for 2000 yards.

I don't blame Rose for taking his time coming back but I strongly feel a lot of this is a mental issue.

23. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I think the point is that our starting lineup has more than enough firepower. By bringing in JR off the bench he can see more of the ball and control things with second string guys (a la ginobili or harden on the thunder)

24. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Of course they're not a full career end like it used to be, but its still quite difficult to come back at perform at the same level again. Credit to Peterson for doing so and he is a very determined and strong mentally as well from what I have read about him, but in most cases it takes time and need to be handled with full care. It depends from person to person. About D-Rose being mentally not tough enough or ready yet after the injury it yet to be seen. Lets see as the season progress.

25. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I can't blame rose for taking his time. Even before this he was quite injury prone and I'm sure that played in his head. And honestly they weren't winning anything last year so why rush back.

26. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Unfortunately I don't see much changing this year either although an improvement is expected.

27. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I don't see them winning, but with D-rose 100 percent and jimmy butler having some experience as well as adding a lethal shooter (dunleavy), it is not impossible. They play great defense and have a lot of high energy guys. The heat are still favorites but you just never know.

28. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    which team does Fawad support?

29. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    lol ginobli is class. More versatile than JR. But youre right, I dont think we should start prigioni and felton at the same time.

30. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    thing with drose is that hes not a natural athlete/PG. He's similar to dwade. So they need to take caution while cutting and all.

Just needs to be caution that's all, but hope that doesnt mess up his gameplay thou. Its fun to watch him go nuts.

31. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I don't mind JR coming off the bench. He's the spark the 2nd unit requires. We need someone on the second unit who can come in and take over the game.

32. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    I think the pistons are going to sink the wizards :D

Mr. Big shot is back in the D!

33. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    Knicks starters confirmed : Felton, prigioni, shumpert, Melo, chandler

34. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    -.- felton and prigioni...together...

35. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    This sucks. I was hoping we'd see MWP at 3 for his defensive ability. We're going with a really small lineup.

36. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    MWP taking the subway to the Garden. Just like your average Joe on his way to work, minus the crazy media.

[​IMG]

37. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    world peace is one of the chillest dudes outside of the court.

38. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    BTW, league pass is free this week...it is amazing and they offer it online. You can also sign in on your xbox and you can rewind and forward live games.

39. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    only losers play xbox (joking)

40. zkhan427

zkhan427 Smooth Operator

Oct 2, 2012
    I use my xbox for a few games a year (fifa mostly) and then mostly for the video apps. Watch ESPN is great on the xbox and shows a lot of the cricket matches for free.