New Zealand to fall down to #7, if they lose. What happens next?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Muhammad, May 25, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Muhammad

Muhammad Youngsta Beauty

May 29, 2013
    First of all, amazing stuff merc! I hope to use CS more often now.
    As NZ lost the first test, if they were to draw the next match, even then they'd fall down to the 7th Spot from #3..
    Hmmm, it gets interesting here. If all goes well, we very well can end up being the 2nd ranked team!
    How it happens?
    Well, its quite simple.
    England to win series 1 - 0, Westindies to draw the series vs Australia (No wins either way), and then India to win 1-0 vs Bangladesh.
    Then comes our turn, if we win the series 1-0, we get to the 4th, we win 2-0, we end up at 3rd, and if we clean sweep the lankans, we get to the 2nd spot! BAAAM!

Hope it happens.

** NZ will fall to 6th spot.

2. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    I don't think we'll clean sweep(series will end 1-1 imo) Sri Lanka with Kumar Bradmankarra against us and also believe Australia will win against WI.

3. Muhammad

Muhammad Youngsta Beauty

May 29, 2013
    Lol, yes. But again, we have Misbah, Younis, Sarfraz, Azhar, Shafiq, Yasir, Hafeez, Junaid, (Irfan) too? It can end in either of the three results.
    Its cricket, so yeah. I'm being optimistic atm i know.

4. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
  5. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    How in the world is my post off topic @Cricketfan96 , Aman is from NewZealand and this thread is related to NZ

Stop giving me negative ratings lol :slap

6. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    Meh I was always expecting us to drop the first, more disappointed that we got ourselves in a winning position twice and lost it. Hopefully NZC learn from this Test and recall IPL players earlier for future series. Southee and McCullum were poor, although world class players like Boult and KW proved their worth.

Congrats to England on the good win anyway, their ability to play the moving ball better than our batsmen was the difference in the end.

Last edited: May 26, 2015
  7. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    If Craig isn't contributing with the bat they should pick Wagner ahead of him.

Gives far too many boundary balls per over to be even considered a decent option.

Ideally, I would have Watling open with Latham, and KW at 3 followed by Taylor, McCullum, Guptill and Anderson.

This way our technically sound batsmen will be able to protect our dashers, and will allow them to have a go once the new ball is seen off.

Last edited: May 26, 2015