Next leg spinner for Pakistan

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by isaacking, Dec 25, 2019.

1. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    After watching Yasir struggle with spin and control in test and Shadab in LOI, I have to ask;

Who is the next Legspinner waiting in wings for Pakistan?

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

2. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Yasir Shah bowled well enough and Shadab is good too but next leg spinner is the son of Abdul Qadir - Usman Qadir!!

I dont think Yasir Shah ne koi buri bowling karwayi hai! He has bowled well in my opinion!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2019
    • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 2
    • List
  3. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Select Shadab Khan for Test cricket as well. He has decent small record overseas, better than Yasir. If not him, then select Sajid Khan who is an off spinner, who can bat too.

4. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    he can bowl all types of bowling.

5. godzilla

godzilla Smooth Operator

May 12, 2016
    unless SF is going to be the new leg spinner for pakistan, are there any other bowlers on the circuit. am in agreement with the OP that both Yassir and shadow need to go back to prove themselves, both are being selected on past graces, recent form has been horrific for both.

6. Ahson8

Ahson8 Sultan of Swing

Jun 9, 2012
    A lot of people rate Zahid Mahmood. He just missed out on PSL selection. Was about to be picked by KK bit missed out because they had enough local picks and needed to pick a foreigner.

It's kinda sad Karamat Ali has disappeared form the scene, he was very good in his U19 days but didnt get the proper backing he deserved.

Not sure why we necessarily need to pick a leggie though, we have some very good slow left arm bowlers who could be selected too.

7. isaacking

isaacking Talented

Jul 16, 2010
    Good enough leggie will turn the ball on any given surface both ways. Hence it preferred over finger spinner.

It is preferable to be Man of Understanding then to be a Man of Knowledge.

8. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Mohammad Mohsin. I am surprised he hasn't been hyped up. I am predicting him to set the upcoming PSL on fire. He can bat too, can hit big, unlike Shadab Khan (who is a tailender with the bat in T20 cricket). His domestic stats are decent too.

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  9. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Not sure about leggie but Mushtaq Ahmed praised a lot this guy - Aamir Ali - SLA.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I think Shahzad Firdous is the real deal.

11. Cani

Cani Emerging Player

Oct 14, 2012
    Completely agree. Massive hopes from Mohsin -- his height gives him an advantage and I think his wrong'un is the best in Pak right now bar Zahid Me