"No outdoor sport for my daughters, feminists can say whatever they want to" - Shahid Afridi

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Del, May 8, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    are you a father ? stfu

2. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    No but MNA is and you didn't take his opinion into account so why are you questioning me

3. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    What if they idealize their mother?
    I mean, your entire rant is based on pure speculations and assumptions, and you have absolutely no idea what's the truth. No?

4. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    My rant is based on the reactions of each of his daughters whenever they have been at the stadium watching their father play. He is their hero

5. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012
    Just because you’re a parent it doesn’t mean you own the child. This is the mentality that leads to abuse.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  6. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Parents have their children’s best interest at heart. Afridi has his own reason for his actions and should be respected. Plus children should follow whatever their parents say.

7. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    Not always. In the courts where I work I see horrific abuse from the hands of parents who have their ‘best interests’ in mind.

8. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Abuse is obviously wrong. Shahid is protective over his daughters, his reasons for his views are probably down to religion or doesn’t want his daughters to get unwanted attention or nazar.

9. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    What about other people’s daughters? Are they a free for all?

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Parents own the Children until they are adults. And even after that too as per our religion bro.

11. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Every parent has different tolerant levels. Afridi is from a religious / traditional background don’t forget.

12. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    They are their parents/guardians responsibility. Now he can't be held responsible for all the daughters. Right?

13. Express Pace

May 11, 2012
    What is Afridi famous for? Hmmmm

14. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Hitting Sixes.

15. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Lol, one of pakistan’s biggest cricketers.

16. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  17. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    It is what it is. He's their dad and they are minors so he's making the decision for them. He can do that, it's his right as a father.

But in the book he talks about how his own dad didn't approve of him playing cricket yet he would sneak out at night and play cricket or skip school and go play cricket and he said that drive and hunger got him to where he is today (playing for Pakistan etc) .

So if he didn't listen to his own dad, who didn't want him to play cricket, does he expect his daughters to listen to him and not follow their own dreams (same way he did).. Double standards?

It's just a thought. Don't mean anything controversial.

18. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Thread is heating up nicely.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

19. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    U called it early on Lol

20. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Having worked as a Doctor in the UK, Germany, Qatar, New Zealand and Australia, I might have referred hundreds of women for Termination of Pregnancy. In neither of those countries women are allowed to have a TOP as a matter of lifestyle choice. The only indications are if continuation of pregnancy will caused significant harm to a woman's' mental or physical health and well-being and as a consequence having a child might be even more detrimental for mother or child or both. Qatar only allows TOP for medical reasons only that is understandable as its a Muslim country.

From a personal point of view I am NOT pro-abortion. I refer patients after giving them plentiful time to think over and over, and If I suspect a patient does not truly fulfill the criteria, I refuse, in which case they could see another Doctor for second opinion or could even self-refer in some countries.

I may support TOP if

1- Pregnancy is a result of Rape/sexual assault
    2- The mother has significant and serious mental health problems like severe depression, mania, psychosis etc in which case her child's safety cannot be ensured unless social services are involved
    3- The mother has significant problems with her own physical health, which carrying a child might endanger her own life or her baby's.
    4- The mother has intellectual / leaning disability or difficulty who is neither able to grasp the concept of being a parent nor able to take up such a responsibility.

If you think abortion does not happen in countries where it is not legally allowed, then you are only deluding yourself. Abortion happens in almost all the countries including Pakistan where it happens in illegal shoddy clinics run by quacks and dodgy practitioners willing to kill a young woman from complications of abortion like infections, sepsis, hemorrhage etc just to make a few bucks.

Like most other things in life, people and their lives, their life choices, situations and dilemmas are never black and white. There may be dozens of grey areas which you may not be able to see with a superficial glance from behind your moral glasses. Most women would love to have and raise a child, only very few will exploit the system, and those women will be found in each and every country irrespective of legal status of abortion.

21. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    And?

22. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    And that automatically means they want to be cricketer.

I think 90% of people look upon to their parents (father/mother), does that mean they want to have the same profession as them

Tell me all these Mrs. of cricket players and football players are in ground, how many of them are actually professionally active in their lives, let alone as cricketers.

Okay forget about that how many players are there in history who had either of their parents as a player in that particular field ?

Following/supporting your sibling/parent doesnt automatically means you want to have the same profession. Quite a weak and lame argument as a base for a wild assumption.

23. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010

It’s his family and his life.

You can raise your daughters whichever way you want and see if Afridi gives a flying flock?

That’s his family and his situation which could be VERY different from your’s.

If he doesn’t pass a judgement on the way you raise your family then you shouldn’t cry a river about the way he is raising his family.

You are not in his shoes and you don’t know what are his challenges?

He knows better how he has to raise his daughters according to his situation and social and cultural norms of that geographical region.

I am 100% sure he loves his daughters more than you think, and he provides for them with whatever the best he can, and the daughters love their dad more than your brain can comprehend.

24. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    I was not replying to you.

It is below my dignity and upbringing to respond to an individual like you any further.

25. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Guys keep it civil and under control here without passing comments on anyone's family, be it a fellow poster or a cricketer.

Ramadan Kareem, hath hola rakho!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  26. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    @MNA good points. But imo if a certain stages passes pregnancy then abortion should like never be allowed. Because then the doctor is literally going to kill the child or you will take in such meds that will poison and kill the poor sole

My aunt took these meds after a couple of months in and whoever was in her belly died. I still think about it a lot. It’s not my business but it pisses me a lot.

27. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Abortion is illegal after 24 weeks (20 weeks in some countries) unless there is a congenital abnormality in fetus or serious risk to mother’s life if pregnancy is continued.

Abortion as a lifestyle choice is purely evil and akin to murder, agree.

28. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  29. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @SAfridiOfficial: I don't judge anyone for what they do or meddle in people's life. I expect the same too from others. May Allah bless my daughters and daughters/women all over the world! Let people be. @fifiharoon @Independent

30. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  31. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    Where did you hear that?

32. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    own your kid? like as in sell him or her for a price own? or is it merely rent out for a night/week/month/year/decade own?

33. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    So by owning your mind can only extract selling and renting? When you own something the first thing comes to your mind is selling it? When you own something that means you love that thing. You would try your best to never sell it. In the case of Children the word "owning" is actually wrong. But the children belong to their parents. They came into this World because of their parents. No one in this World will love and care for them like their parents and that too unconditionally. Whatever decision their parents take will be for the good of them.

34. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    1) You used the word own.

2) nope. ownership and love have nothing to do with each other. I own a car, a tv, a computer, phone. I don't "love" any of them.

3) I've seen way to many abusive parents to generalize parental behavior.

35. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    Oh really? You are taking the few and ignoring the majority. This is the worst kind of generalization I had ever seen.

36. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014

I mean come one, look at your posts. They are right though

37. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    It is the duty of children to listen and give utmost respect to their parents. The status of parents is immense in Islam. Of course if they tell u to do something against Islam then you don’t listen.

38. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    We all are different individuals and have different opinions about different things. When it comes to parents, I have mine too. I love and respect my father immensely, and will do anything and everything within my power to keep him happy and comfortable. When I graduated, and was leaving for the overseas, he told me 'Son, my work is done I expect nothing from you in return.'

I have a son myself. I am a single parent and live with a 5-year-old. My life totally revolves around him and his needs. I have always believed bringing him to this life was out of my desire and need to have the joy and pleasure of raising a child and seeing him grow up. I will forever be grateful to him for making me a parent and giving me the most wonderful experience and satisfaction in the world. My belief is that we bring children to this world for our own amusement, pleasure and joy. Bringing them up, giving them good education and upbringing is our obligation and not a favor on our children from any sense of imagination. No child ever asks their parent to bring them into life, and many many people give birth to their children and then forget, neglecting their responsibilities and love towards them, and in a way might subjugate them to a lifetime of misery, unhappiness, pain and deprivation. What was their child's fault in this situation?

Once I have given away the best upbringing to my child in terms of education, morals and beliefs, I will not expect anything else in return, just like my father did.

Of-course I am not saying we should neglect our old and frail parents, and must do whatever we can to make things easier and comfortable for them, but the parents on their part should not have any overwhelming expectations from their children nonetheless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  39. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    Pot, kettle and all that

40. pat

pat Youngsta Beauty

Nov 25, 2018
    there is you and there is @Patriot in the same forum. Diversity!