1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Not "a gora" who knows English completely, my job is to play cricket: Babar Azam

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, May 18, 2020.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    When other players visit Pakistan and don't give a sh!t about speaking Urdu, is because Urdu is not a universally spoken language. Same players when visit India, don't give a sh!t about speaking Hindi or Afrikans when they visit South Africa or Sinhala when they visit Sri Lanka.

English should be learned NOT because it's the language of "angraiz" and we will have our inner pride damaged, God forbids if learned English.

English should be learned as an optional TOOL that could help you navigate faster and smarter in the international arena for those whose job requires international travel. It's a pretty basic common sense if you try to understand it.

2. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    By the way I do travel quite often and was in China and Europe last year, I had a hard time using this so called TOOL language, also same in South American Countries (Love the Google Translate). The developed countries did fine giving sh*t to English. By the way Hindi & Urdu combined is more widely spoken then English.

Again there is no harm learning English, but making it synonymous to Pakistan Captain-ship is definitely sign of damaged inner pride.

3. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    I would honestly prefer that our captains speak Urdu, knowing English is a plus but I personally don’t care if they don’t. I’d rather they know Urdu so that the majority of their fans, the people who matter, can understand. My grandparents watch cricket I’m sure they’d rather see Babar speak in Urdu so that they can understand, surely that’s not a minority opinion in Pakistan.

4. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    I would prefer them to speak in Urdu because their English is quite retarded (in most cases). And most of them like a deer caught in the headlights.

Perhaps speaking in Urdu will give them confidence and a better opportunity express their thoughts in a more precise manner.

5. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Yeah I would much rather hear them properly articulate their thoughts properly and clearly than hear “boys played well all thanks to Almighty Allah all credits to the boys”
    Like I said the fans are the main thing. If non Pakistani fans want to understand, wait for subtitles or translation lol

6. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    This was my point earlier - I still firmly believe speaking in Urdu or English makes no difference on this front. Sure they will be more able to express themselves better, but the boys played well and credit to the team it seems is imposed on them by the pcb. They’ll bring that in if they have to speak swahili or afrikaan too