Not impossible for Zimbabwe to beat Pakistan and India: Alistair Campbell

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Feb 26, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Zimbabwe’s most capped former captain Alistair Campbell feels that Zimbabwe’s performance so far shows that it was quite possible for the side to beat Pakistan and India in Pool B matches in the ongoing World Cup.

“The match against Ireland is crucial to our chances of progressing, but we will have to beat Pakistan or India, too. It is not impossible – far from it. But we will have to find a way of limiting the damage in the final overs. The best way, of course, is to take more early wickets,” Alistair Campbell wrote in his column for ICC website.

Following a defeat in a high-scoring encounter with West Indies in which Chris Gayle scored first ever World Cup double, Campbell added, “but there has been some good as well as some bad for Zimbabwe in our first three games and we’re still alive with the possibility of a quarter-final place remaining a reality – not just statistically, but because we are playing well enough to produce an upset.”

Zimbabwe fought valiantly in their first World Cup match against African neighbors South Africa before going down by 62 runs after the Proteas put on board a mammoth 339 runs on board.
    Zimbabwe defeated minnows UAE by four wickets before going down against West Indies by 73 runs.

Zimbabwe will face Pakistan on March 1. Pakistan has lost both of its first two matches comprehensively by India and West Indies by 76 and 150 runs respectively.

Zimbabwe, in each of the three previous outings managed 250 plus runs while Pakistan failed to cross 250 mark and once even failed to cross 200 mark with more than 300 runs to chase on both occasions.

Zimbabwe will be looking to beat Pakistan and associates Ireland to qualify for the quarterfinals. However, beating India would be a tough task, since the defending champions have found the form just at the right time beating Pakistan and South Africa so far in the World Cup.

http://arysports.tv/not-impossible-zimbabwe-beat-pakistan-india-alistair-campbell/

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Absolutely. Massive match for Pak, a virtual knock out match for us.

3. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Aise din bhi aagaye hain, even the lulloos don't take us seriously anymore.

4. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Should be able to beat Zimbabwe by at least 100 runs, iA

5. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Will the team score 100 runs?

6. ehtesham

ehtesham Cornered Tiger

Sep 10, 2011
    Trust me

7. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I think we should accept this fact that we are a very poor odi team.. ranked alongside windies, no more we are a powerhouse in odis and hence such statements by Teams like Zimbabwe. Obviously it will be much easier for them to beat teams like Pakistan and Windies than beating India, Aus etc. They did beat Australia recently though.

8. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    It's not impossible for Pakistan to beat Zimbabwe either.

9. WaQaReD!

WaQaReD! Talented

Sep 13, 2011
    My saffie mate told me today hes taking part in a World Cup fantasy league and that he is running away in the lead but suddenly he is in a dilemma and doesn't know what to do - who does he pick as the winner between the Pakistan and Zimbabwe game?
    that pretty much sums up the sad state of Pakistani cricket, less life than a Younis Khan odi innings

10. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011

Tell him close eyes and pick Pakistan.

11. Raf Pragmatic

Raf Pragmatic Banned

Jan 7, 2013
    Don't talk before you beat us!

12. HashiBaba

HashiBaba Talented

Dec 24, 2009
    For a second I thought this was Tony Blair's right hand man and spin doctor. Then I remembered Zimbabwe had a cricketer called that name as well.