Now I am focusing on increasing my speed: Mohammad Amir

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jul 12, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan left-arm pacer Mohammad Amir is focusing on increasing his bowling speed after an impressive performance in the 2019 International Cricket Council (ICC) World Cup.

While talking to Essex Cricket TV, Amir said that his improved form will help him in focusing on other aspects of his bowling as well.

“Every fast-bowler strives to bowl at 90 miles per hour (mph). When you are getting wickets, you can focus on other things as well, so now I am focusing on increasing my speed,” said Amir.

The 27-year-old also said that playing consistent cricket for past two years resulted in fatigue which also affected his bowling speed.

“I have been playing regular cricket for two to three years due to which my body got tired. However I have finally gotten my rhythm back after working on my form and fitness,” he said.

Amir will be representing Essex in the upcoming season of Vitality blast T20 and is focused on bowling economical spells.

“Economy rate is more important than wickets in T20 cricket. If you are bowling dot balls, the wickets will eventually follow,” he said.

Amir will play first match for Essex against Middlesex on July 18 at the Lord’s Cricket Ground.

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/amir-hopeful-of-increasing-bowling-speed

2. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    why is he then playing t20 for every tom **** and harry league? Complaining about fatigue is unacceptable.

3. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Speed is not your issue ... YOU LOST YOUR ABILITY TO FREAKING SWING THE BALL - FIX THAT!

For Starters: Your head, neck and upper body is falling WAY TOO MUCH on the right side at delivering the ball.
    And then you are too far wide off the crease from the bowling end stumps.

Watch a few videos of Wasim and see how he stayed close to the stumps and he kept his head and neck up straight during the delivery.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2019
  4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Certainly work on your speed but what I would like to see from you Amir the most is that ball, which you used to bring back to right hand batsmen. And also work on your swing as well. I know there is not much swing these days available for new ball bowlers, but at least new ball swings for first 5/6 overs.

5. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Bruh, he's gotta make money. Pakistani players don't get paid that much, compared to their peers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    More to the point, bowlers play less cricket compared to batsmen.

7. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Which is perfectly fine but the only problem is that he should not be complaining about the workload in that case.

8. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    I had to check what date this news was from. Since this revelation has started after the World Cup. Looks like this guy just now decided to improve his speed.

9. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Why not? You have to think from the player's perspective, not how you see it from the outside.

Those are two separate things in his mind - he will play cricket when he has to, but it's also true that he's not been getting a break which is affecting his performance.

10. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    so he should take the break when he gets the break instead of using every available break in playing these t20 leagues in between. Pakistan is not playing any cricket between now and October. To be fair that is more break then any top-ranked cricket teams are offering to their players

11. Sultan Yusuf

Sultan Yusuf Talented

Sep 1, 2010
    Never seen a bowler complain about workload this much. Don’t like this whingeing

12. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Unnecessary criticism in this thread

He gets fatigued v quickly., its his body, that's the way it is for him. I mentioned this in other threads aswell. The reason he doesn't swing the ball is because of poor fitness.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk