One club and one vote......

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mohammed Bilal, Aug 15, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    We are going back down to the grassroots. PCB in their new constitution has kept the one club one vote system. Under new system the PCB themselves will select the provincial heads and then the city districts will vote from them candidate for whomever they want. City presidents are also elected but by clubs. What happens is a club may registers but does not actually play cricket. It just has a vote and with that vote they can put their own person in a position of power. Generally these people are nasty and this brings in nepotism and mis use of funds at the grassroot level.

It's a known cancer. I think the PCB must provide good candidates for the provincial heads otherwise the dodgy city presidents will go on to select a dodgy provincial head. Wasim Khan talked about having independent provincial heads. People like Nauman Butt, Shakeel Sheikhs and others were a product of this one vote one club system.

Provide honest, independent, credible and people who have a love for cricket as Provincial heads. That'll make it much harder for the city heads to misuse power. Next step is to do club scrutiny. Pakistan has about 3300 clubs. The PCB needs to visit these clubs and find out what's happening. Ghost clubs must be eliminated. That'll leave you with functioning clubs so then you can analyse their structre and running.

I'm dissapointed because if this government goes then we are back at square one.

2. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    The PCB should provide a platform where all clubs are able to display the performances of their players on a online database. This can stop beymani by city/district heads as influence matters. If your club Is weak or you are from a poor background you may still not get selected but parchi will. It's up to the provincial heads to monitor this. Clubs should also be able to report an incident if a top performing kid is not selected for their city team.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019
  3. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    The PCB have tried a short cut method. Put accountable and honest people in positions of power so it leaves the city heads or mafia clubs presidents no where to go but then the question comes. In five years when the government changes then everything is messed up again when people like Sethi take over.

I'd rather they had taken their time and put foward a solid constitution.

4. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Yehi tou problem hai.
    KAHAAN HAIN "HONEST aur CREDIBLE" people?

Having played first class cricket and Quaid-e-Azam trophy in Pakistan, and also presenting all Pakistan under 19 in the international arena, I think I have a little idea of how hard is it to find honest and credible people in the cricket administration (or in any other organization).
    In our domestic cricket environment where drugs, pedophilia, corruption, politics/mafia, and nepotism is rampant, it's almost impossible to have a fair play.

This is a big cesspool and we are trying to walk through it without getting our feet dirty.

And not that I am opposing the efforts to improve our domestic structure but I am agreeing with you that PCB (the dumb effs) have taken a short cut and there will still be huge dependencies in this process.

Our main problem however remains the same: we don't have enough honest and credible people to take the lead.