One stone, two birds as hosts reach Finals

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Munna, Mar 2, 2016.

One stone, two birds as hosts reach Finals

by Munna
Mar 2, 2016 at 5:35 PM
  1. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Pakistan crumbled under pressure and crashed out taking Sri Lanka along with them as well from Asia Cup.

Screen Shot 2016-03-02 at 9.33.23 PM.png

Bangladesh finished on top in a tight encounter as Pakistani team suffered yet another defeat in LOI cricket.

Pakistani top order yet again collapsed causing problems right at start of their innings despite Afridi winning a toss on what looked like a good batting track. Such was the display of batting during the power play overs that Sharmeen Obaid is considering her next documentary on a Pakistani top order batting lineup for her next Oscar nomination.

At one stage, Pakistan were reeling at 29/4 at the end of 9th over with Khurram Manzoor, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammad Hafeez and Umar Akmal back in the dugout. Thanks to the 5th wicket partnership between Shoaib Malik and Sarfaraz Ahmed who put on 70 runs which contributed a big hand in reaching a decent total eventually. It has to be mentioned here that the captain Afridi contributed yet another inorganic duck to the total which only messed up the hormones of this already fragile batting lineup at that stage of innings.

Chasing a modest 130, Bangladesh lost Tamim Iqbal in the second over of innings. At the end of their power play, Soumya Sarkar and Sabbir Rehman took the score to 34 without much trouble. Score was on exactly 46 runs when Sabbir got bowled by Afridi and gave Pakistan some hope. However, it was then the second best overall partnership of the game between Mushfiqur Rahim and Sarkar of 37 runs which brought Bangladesh closer to their target.

A late surge by Amir, Malik, and Afridi’s overs gave some much needed thrills to the match and Pakistan had a good chance of pulling things back in their favor. Needing 18 runs from last 2 overs, Afridi handed over the ball to Sami who managed to bowl 2 no balls in his over costing him 15 runs eventually in the over. Mahmudullah then hit the winning boundary off Anwar Ali’s first bowl of 20th over to cross the line and take his team directly to the final of Asia Cup.

bangladesh-asia-cup-2016-a.png

And that is how; Bangladesh disqualified 2 Asian giants with one stone.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2016
Munna puts his talent of making up stuff to good use for writing boring articles and reports on Cricistan, though he once won the Most Cheerful Poster of Cricistan award.
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
      Not gonna lie, the two best teams are in the Final and we'll have the company of reigning World T20 champs on the ride to the airport after playing them in a dead rubber.

2. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      I read somewhere that we have now lost 5 limited overs games on the bounce v Bangladesh. Maybe @XYZ can clear that one up.
      Depressing is not the word :(

3. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
      Very Good write Munna bhai

and yes, its true and Afridi has been in 3 of them as captain

4. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
      3-2-2016 12-56-16 PM.jpg

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 2
      • List
    5. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    6. XYZ

XYZ Banned

Sep 11, 2013
      Can you imagine the mood of West Indian fans? They rules the cricket world for 15-20 years and then all of a sudden they were nobodies! Has been nobodies for last 15-20 years.

Our cricket started to die with the death of cricket in Karachi.

In addition, you start putting people like Ijaz Butt, Najam Sethi and Naseem Asharaf on the helm PCB - your cricket will die before you can blink your eyes.

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      3 birds if you include the fact we've avoided another potential humiliation against india, if we were to reach the final...

...on the bright-ish side

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
      Until we continue with these brainless selectors be ready for some more lows. This is just the start. There is still a lot of room to deteriot further.

9. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
      Today was a fun day. I had the option to either stay at home and watch the match or go outside and do a few things which I could have done tomorrow. Normally due to a Pakistan match I always postpone plans so that I can watch the match. For the first time I decided to screw the match. Why? Bcz I knew we were not good enough to beat Bangladesh. How could a team beat a rising team like Bangladesh when they couldn't even dominate against UAE. Every other team dominated against them but we were the only the ones that struggled and at one point looked like we were going to lose.

So I went out and had a good time rather than get frustrated while watching these clowns. I was in a frozen yogurt shop when I watched the score. 98/4 in 16.5 and in a 70 run partnership and malik hoicks and 2 balls later mr. Pathetic goes as well.

Is this not minnow level? Have we not reached that level yet? Bangladesh have won five on a trott. What force are we? We are nothing and these selections have been disgusting and the team performance has been nauseating. I am not going to watch any of these matches unless I have nothing better to do. Can't waste my time on this rubbish. I can't wait for the t20 campaign to end so we can put this behind us.

10. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
      All I'll say is - 57 dot balls in a 20 over game.

11. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
      Manzoor and Hafeez need to make way for others, we could use Babar Azam and Nawaz/Rizwan in the middle order and promote Umar to the top. We really wasted this opportunity to play the best team for the WC.

Really glad to see Sarfraz do well today at 4. Hope he continues to do well in that spot.

12. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
    13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      Cant see tweets at work due to twitter being blocked, what is it?

14. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
      Fans using pics of players to put make-up on as a form of "protest".

15. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
      I read something about mock funerals being carried out too.

16. Fawad

Fawad Sultan of Swing

Sep 1, 2010
      From this to Qadri protests.. Waili qoum saari...