Pakistan’s batting woes stem from ‘lack of ability against short ball’: Ramiz Raja

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Nov 8, 2018 at 2:56 PM.

1. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    ABU DHABI: Former Pakistan batsman and current cricket commentator Ramiz Raja slammed national team’s top order performance against New Zealand in first One Day International (ODI) in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday.

Pakistan lost the match by 47 runs as Trent Boult claimed a hat-trick, removing the top order of the greens.

Pointing out the shortcoming in Pakistan’s batting line, Raja wrote: “When will Pakistan batsmen & batting staff realise that batting woes stem from lack of ability & technique against the short ball. Not a single batsman in this team pulls or hooks…not even good at leaving them. Top order will be gobbled up in SA if they don’t pay heed to it.”

It was Pakistan’s 12th consecutive loss against New Zealand. Between 2014 and 2018, Pakistan lost a total of 11 ODIs against Kiwis, all of which were played in New Zealand.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/20...rom-lack-of-ability-against-short-ball-ramiz/

2. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Oh bhai, Boult's hat trick didn't occur due to shot ball.

3. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    Nonsense. NZ hardly bowled short deliveries.

4. Redix

Redix Youngsta Beauty

Nov 4, 2018
    Ramiz trying to sound smart is one of the most cringe things you'll see.

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Smooth Operator

Jul 17, 2017
    One thing is shot selection and one thing is not having the shot, When I say our batsman don’t have a shot it means if they dare try it most likely they will get out which is why they don’t use that shot like Imam yesterday, he doesn’t have a adequate pull and when he tries it I would say he’s a goner pretty much, Fakhar is missing the flick or the leg glance, most batsman are good of the legs but Fakhar is atrocious but that is not a big problem because even a nudge for one is decent, Shoaib Malik is missing a lot of shots against Pace, look how he was playing Boult it was amazingly embarrassing, Boult is not express, express pace, he’s just a swing bowler but he was making him look like a in his prime Lee, Hafeez and Babar have shots against pace tbf but Babar he needs to play against really good bowlers so he learns and becomes a really good batsman also he has to try and just make runs, he’s too good to sod off for a zero, Sarfraz can’t even play pace but I think he’s a good brave guy, technically he’s all over the place and against good pacers his options are low but he can survive because he’s good at taking singles, if you see against geniuine pace Sarfraz makes most of his runs behind the wicket, Faheem he has best hook shot in Pakistan but he is not batting material, Shadab can bat, I think we know that already and I’m not bothered how he does with the bat because he’s very young and his bowling is very good atm.

And yes of what I saw NZ did bowl a few short balls, didn’t perhaps get the wickets but Pak batsman played them really poor, even if you are not going to attack a short ball as a player you need to make the bowler realise that it’s having no effect but Malik after playing so many years couldn’t even do that which is why they kept on bowling short because they knew we were helpless against it, Ferguson especially, 3-4 pulls for 6 and I would like to see how he has the balls to bowl another bouncer.

6. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    And who said Boult was not going to run through us?

Oooooops.

7. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Just go and how wickets were fallen.

Except Hafeez wicket, both other balls weren't that great.

When Pakistani batters start struggling, then even ZIMBO can run though them.

But leave it, its beyond your cricketing acumen.

8. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Fine, next match.

Also in Dunedin when we were what 73 all out Hassan managed to get three tailenders out, mA, why are you so fixed on comparing a modern ATG with Hassan Ali, I mean Ish Sodhi showed him his aukaat, surely, surely you would have some shame and stop but no, on we go then, Hassan might get dropped though, lol.

9. Del

Del Whispering Death

Dec 21, 2016
    Take a chill bill billy and lets not get ahead of yourself.

It was me who bumped the following thread to point out Hassan's performance. Also, heed towards who started the following thread.

https://cricistan.com/threads/why-decline-in-hassan-alis-performance.47007/

I dont support my favorite players like you, otherwise I could've easily target Hafeez yesterday.

10. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
    Rambo now has his own Youtube channel!

11. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Tracer Bullet

Dec 26, 2011
    The real rambo!