1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Pakistan’s top 3 averaging 50+

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by iZeeshan, Jan 27, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    I mean...this is remarkable. 10 years ago as a fan I never thought I’d see the day.

Has this been discussed? Is this well known, acknowledged, and realized? Do we understand how incredible it is for a team like Pakistan to have this?

Amazing. Has this ever happened before? Does any other ODI team have this? This is after at least 20 ODIs by each player.

Wow, I’m just amazed. Who is due credit for this? Unbelievable stuff.

2. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    In before a smart ass comment, I am obviously talking about ODIs only.

3. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Fakhar in danger of leaving the club. But agreed, this top three has been our best in history. Possibly the best ever. And all three have big futures ahead of them.

Long may it continue.

4. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Cornered Tiger

Oct 5, 2014
    This is what happens when you back your talent and you pick them at young age to secure your future and this can only happen when you don't try tried and tested failures like kamran or farhat...

The team is gelling together and its young.. We can improve if they improve themselves..

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Chinese version of Rohit, Shikhar and Virat basically.

6. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Their conversion rate is brilliant and that helps them and ultimately the team.

The only concern is, apart from Fakhar, the other two don't go big once they cross 70 esp Imam.

Guys like de Kock, Rohit, Kohli, Warner never let their individual score affect their strike rates throughout the innings and this helps them score big daddy hundreds.

7. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Sep 22, 2012
    Impressive effort. Got to back them now and they’ll deliver.

8. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    The problem is, it's not that they don't want to go big. It's because they don't have the ability.

If they start hitting out after their 70s-100s they will most likely get out in the next 10-15 balls. So they just continue to rotate the strike for players like Hafeez, Malik and Imad to hit.

9. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Pakistan really need a dynamic player at the number 4/5 spot. Babar is gonna keep you in the game and put runs on the board but his s/r will hover between 80-90. You need someone who can put the pressure on the bowlers with Babar holding up one end. That's one reason I want to stick with Zaman as an opener because he will go for his shots while Imam holds up one end. Babar needs a partner like that in the middle order. That is why we need to give top performers a chance. Someone like Umar Akmal with a working brain.

10. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    Fakhar will drop to about 35-37 at a 90+ SR.

Imam will be in the 38-42 range at at no more than 85 SR.

Babar is the real deal. Could be a 45+ batsman with a SR over 90.

11. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    I want to pin this and check in 2 years. I think you’re wrong.

12. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I hope I am wrong too but even if my prediction is correct then they will have had very solid careers.

13. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    has more to do with the era of cricket, two new balls, less fielders in the deep, more minnows around, truer pitches, rotation of best bowlers and general reduction in importance of non trophy odis.

guys like anwar, jayasuriya, tresco, haydos, gangu, etc, etc, all would have averaged around 10 runs more per innings in this era, i have little doubt.

14. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
    I also hope he is wrong but even if he is right those are pretty solid odi stats for us although I am betting they will do better.. They all need to improve and if they do we can have a solid top 3 in our batting for quite some time...

However fakhat is crucial here.

15. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Doesn't matter for Fakhar to average above 50. Even if he drops to 40 at that SR it is still good enough.

16. saiyan0321

Oct 5, 2014
    An avg of 50 at 90-100 is beyond gold level stuff. Its that big. Teams would back any player with 35-95 stats and we, who don't have many batsmen, would back 30-100 for quick starts.. Such players on their day demoralize the opposition and provide a boost for the rest of the team..

yesterday his score of 44 @ 100 strike rate provided us with an early boost, demoralized the opposition and cushioned imam's slow start by the time he got out imam was at SR 79-80.. He was set.

17. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Yes, and that's why it is always tempting to play him despite the form. If the batting line is strong it doesn't matter to have an inconsistent dasher at the top.

18. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    I think the bigger issue is that since the Asia Cup, Fakhar is averaging 25.58 @ 80.57.

We would all love to see Fakhar play 35 @ 90, but he doesn't seem that type of player anymore.

19. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Yeah the form seems to have dipped. He was starting to get into song in the last ODI but gave it away.

20. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    He didn't look good in the last ODI either. Lots of edges. He will bounce back but it's not happening right now.

21. iZeeshan

May 22, 2012
    Disagree. He's the same type of player, just going through a rough patch. He will go back to his beastly ways soon, iA.

22. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    I have a feeling that's how it will be for his career. Never really looks like he's settled but then plays a couple of cracking drives.

23. Del

Del Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan's top 3 averaging 50 - I am not sure, because what I found based on their last 20 innings is a bit different (still its great from our standards).

ENG
    Roy = 712(runs) - 35.6(avg)
    Hales = 591(runs) - 29.55(avg)
    Root = 782(runs) - 39.1(avg)

NZ
    Guptill = 695(runs) - 34.75(avg)
    Munro = 434(runs) - 21.7(avg)
    Williamson = 817(runs) - 40.85(avg)

IND
    Rohit = 1,220(runs) - 61(avg)
    Dhawan = 816(runs) - 40.8(avg)
    Kohli = 1,503(runs) - 75.15(avg)

AUS
    Finch = 944(runs) - 47.2(avg)
    Khawaja = 583(runs) - 29.1(avg)

SA
    Amla = 864(runs) - 43.2(avg)
    De Kock = 888 (runs) - 44.4(avg)
    Reeza = 313(runs) - 22.3(avg)

PAK
    Imam = 1,082(runs) - 54.1(avg)
    Fakhar = 890(runs) - 44.5(avg)
    Babar = 680(runs) - 34.0(avg)

Again, the above data in based on last 20 ODI's played by these players, so based on these numbers, Indian top 3 are at different level. However, Pakistani top 3 number seems unreal too - hope this thread wouldn't jinx things going forward.

24. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Babar only 34. That's surprising.

25. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Babar's last century came in a ODI v Zimbabwe. That was his only century since over a year. He was shockingly poor in the two NZ series (home + away) and the Asia Cup.

Not sure what's so surprising. His average is highly inflated by the centuries he scored against WI and SL in 2017.

26. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    You might want to go back and look at those numbers again. His only shockingly bad series was the away series against New Zealand. He had a really bad patch of 10 or so matches that knocked the average down. His last 10 matches show that he's on his way back.

27. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    He had plenty of opportunities to reach 3 figures in this series aswell. Ended up throwing it away.

Pretty 40s and 50s aren't sufficient for a player of his calibre.

On current form Imam is the best batsman in the side.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

28. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Can't expect him to hit a 100 every time. I'll takes those 40s and 50s as well. If only a couple of more batsmen could give us those 40s and 50s.

29. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    A couple of centuries a year that too v ZIM/WI/SL is a poor outcome.

I know he is the golden boy and no one can criticise him but even Hafeez used to score against weaker teams.

I don't see much difference between him and 2011-15 Hafeez. The only difference is Hafeez was either a 0 or a 100 whereas Babar makes 30s-40s consistently.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G925F mit Tapatalk

30. Ahson8

Ahson8 Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Jun 9, 2012
    Babar in home series vs NZ

How is that "shockingly poor" lol

31. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Shockingly poor means his overall performance in key matches. He has 0 impact. I don't recall him ever winning us a single ODI against a good opposition or at least playing a major role in our win.

32. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Pakistan found one batsman and let’s criticise him, opposite people, the two best things to happen to Pakistan recently are Imran Khan and Babar Azam but we dont find peace with things going good, tujhe kya takleef hai if he’s making 30-40s?

One poor series vs NZ that’s it, let’s narrow it down, take away the run out and a wrong LBW, thats 5-2 and leaves us with 3 failures, it’s a bit rich for Pakistan fans to complain about batsman who has failed in three innings but has otherwise been good. NZ series not one dismissal was proper, in Asia Cup second game he got ran out vs India and in Bangladesh game he was never gonna play well. Babar is top Odi player, 34 average is because of that NZ series away. These days he hardly gets LB anyways so he’s learnt and that’s what matters.

Btw go check Inzis, Yousafs, Younis stats in SENA, Babar is averaging 56 and 57 in Australia and SA and even in NZ he has a 80 and 60.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
  33. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    So basically Imam century vs SL and Zimbabwe count but Babar’s don’t? Babar will always be the best batsman in Pakistan, it’s not even up for discussion, if we don’t agree you can go ask Steyn whose better, he’ll tell you whose better.

34. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    There is no golden boy and I'll be the first to criticize him when it's warranted. But criticism for the sake of criticism is absurd. I'll take those 40s and 50s because they prevent us from doing what is all too common with Pakistan's batting, collapsing.

Wanna take a crack at how many ODI hundreds Inzi scored in a career spanning over 15 years and over 350 matches?