Pakistan announce squad for ODI series against South Africa

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by alikiwistar, Jan 9, 2019.

Pakistan announce squad for ODI series against South Africa

by Ali
Jan 9, 2019 at 12:32 PM
  1. alikiwistar

alikiwistar Youngsta Beauty

Nov 29, 2010
    416681_4334246_Pak-ODI-Squad_updates.jpg

Squad:

1. Sarfraz Ahmed (capt & wk)
    2. Babar Azam
    3. Faheem Ashraf
    4. Fakhar Zaman
    5. Hasan Ali
    6. Hussain Talat
    7. Imad Wasim
    8. Imam-ul-Haq
    9. Mohammad Amir
    10. Mohammad Hafeez
    11. Mohammad Rizwan
    12. Shadab Khan
    13. Shaheen Shah Afridi
    14. Shan Masood
    15. Shoaib Malik
    16. Usman Khan Shinwari

What are your thoughts guys ?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2019
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
      No Asif Ali?

Yeah hes a bit sketch but did ok in the South African league.

2. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
      Also is Junaid injured

3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
      Been dropped for blue eyed poy Amir.

4. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
      On what basis are Amir and Hussain Talat making it back?

5. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      As a viewer I could clearly see Talat struggle vs Pace to the extent it looked as if he never saw the ball and this is not the type of batsman you want to boast of, yes he’s young and he gives fans the impression he is the modern day cricketer well yes he is but only against a bunch of trundlers and part time spinners, that’s not a player in my eyes, Pak needs to identify payers who may have poor domestic averages but can play good bowling as well.

6. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      When I say trundler I don’t mean 125-130kph, Hussain can only boss 110-122 kph, lol and that’s a batsman they’re gonna play vs SA, CSA better have a good arrangement for replacement stumps because quite a few won’t exist once Hussain has done batting.

7. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
      • List
    8. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
      Malik & Hafeez won’t do much. These guys are undroppable.

9. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
      We need proper batsmen in the middle order- ours are Malik & Hafeez. Pathetic.

10. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
      Yea & Hafeez/Malik bat like Bradman & Sobers.

Talat is the least of our worries when these two are continuously selected

11. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
      Talat? lol
      Amir?

Why is Junaid dropped?

12. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
      Why is Junaid dropped ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

13. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
      There is clearly double standards or different standard for each player. Some are dropped after one game, some after one series and some after a year of failures. Why (

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

14. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
      According to Inzi, he needs to work on he’s bowling. Amir selected due to performances in the ongoing Test series.

15. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
      Amazed at the hate for Shoaib Malik lol. Go check his stats since 2015 then lmk how that goes. He's been our one of our best ODI bats.

16. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
      “The selected team is a unanimous choice of the selection panel, including Pakistan captain Sarfaraz Ahmed and Pakistan coach Mickey Arthur. While selecting the squad, we have tried to maintain consistency, taking into consideration player performances in white-ball cricket as well as looking ahead to the upcoming ODI challenges, including the World Cup,” chairman of Pakistan’s cricket selectors Inzamam-ul-Haq said.

Commenting on the non-selection of fast bowler Mohammad Abbas, Inzamam said: “He is very much in our scheme of things, but we have to manage his workload intelligently and smartly. He has just made a return following an injury, and we would like to give him sufficient rest before considering him for future assignments.

“Amir’s good performance in the Test series not only made him an automatic selection, but also helped us inthe decision to rest Abbas.

“Junaid Khan has not been considered for this tour because we feel he has to work more on his bowling since the fitness issues that he had cut short his series against New Zealand.

“Asif Ali has been dropped due to an inconsistent and below-par performance. In his place, we have decided to give Hussain Talat an opportunity to show his mettle and skills. He is a good left-handed batsman, who can also bowl.”

Hussain is the only uncapped player in the side, but he has represented Pakistan in 11 T20Is. In 59 List-A 50-over matches since making his debut in 2018, Hussain has scored 1,402 runs at just under 38. He has also picked up 14 wickets with his medium-past bowling. In the 2018-19 season, Hussain has scored 194 runs in seven matches with a century, while he took six wickets.

Inzamam added: “Before finalising the squad, we spoke with the team management, which has confirmed that all the players are fit for the ODI series.”

“I have had separate discussions with the coach and captain, and while they are disappointed with the performance in the Test series, they remain optimistic and confident that they can turn things around.

“I have complete faith and believe in the side that is presently in South Africa. It is just that it has been a tough and difficult tour for them. I have been in this situation in the past and I know exactly what they are going through.

“That said, I am confident that this tour will make them better and stronger cricketers.”

17. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
      Seems like Shahzad Firdaus influenced Inzamam.

18. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      So they did pick Asif, who was playing T20 in SA for weeks. WTF is wrong with these duds?

19. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
      Ours are Rayudu, Jadhav and Karthik. Malik and Hafeez are light years ahead of these clowns.

Hafeez won you CT 17 and Malik is your best batsman + best fielder + more than useful part time bowler. Stop hating for no reason LOL.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
      • List
    20. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
      Yaar the ly picked Amir based on Test match performances LMAO

21. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
      Says a lot about Pak cricket when our best batsman is Malik

22. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Agree, Inzy has no vision or eye to pick best players based on various format.

23. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      Best batsman is Babar and he would make Indian team.

24. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      Don’t have a go at me when you don’t understand what I’m trying to say, would have rather picked Saud or Saad but this Talat has problems seeing the ball.

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Dont take this in a wrong way, I really want to understand.

What make you say this?

26. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      The fact he’s always getting bowled, never hitting fours of 135 or 135 plus fast bowlers, Babar Azam who is not good enough for Pak fans standards has hit 30 fours all of fast bowlers in two innings and not trundlers, over the whole PSL I think Hussain hit 7-8 of fast bowlers not including the part time seam ups of Dwayne Smith, Whitely, Tanvir and Anwar Ali because they are to slow also he was dismissed quite a bit in othordox methods including bowled by Wahab and Amir who both happen to be the better bowlers from Pakistan also slipping Umaid Asif.

In his Intl career although Keemo Paul didn’t get him out he did struggle against him, Billy Stanlake got him out like a tailender would get out, he’s just not good enough for this standard of cricket and again the blame goes to domestics because batters only see them rubbish trundlers all day long so how are there reflexes ready for 145 kph which is why I’m suprised by Shan’s improvement.

27. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      I know he has issue with pace and short pitch bowling, which most Pakistani batter do, but it doesnt prove that he can't see the ball.

As for Shan, the guy has done a lot of hard-work and hired his own coach to overcome his shortcoming. Most lallu panju playing in domestic neither have this drive, work ethics or determination towards the game. They only play cricket for money and not because of their passion for the game.

28. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      He can’t see the ball.

29. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      150 defo I don’t think he can see that pace.

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      150 is insane man, its not just him who cant see it, there are many in world cricket who cant see it.

Anyways, he has technical issues for sure, but I wouldn't say that he simply cant see the ball.

31. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      Im nkt stupid, everyone can see 150 it’s just they don’t have enough time to keep it out, Hussain looks rushed at 135 kph, gets even more rushed at 140 and at 145 he’s proved that If the ball is aimed at the stumps he will get bowled without movement, that means at 150 he won’t see it, every player sees 150 otherwise he won’t be playing Intl cricket, Pakistan batsman are being un done by bounce, look how Babar and Hafeez played Ferguson, pretty well even at 150, he has very little time does Hussain in that he has to get his balance right, then he needs to pick the line and length of the ball and then pick a shot to play, I don’t know if he sees the ball or not but it’s my own slang meaning that he’s got less time than the average batsman and if he looks rushed at 135 then god help him, to be a great player you need as much time, Hussain still hasn’t encountered swing or seam, how will he adjust to that if he’s struggling on playing straight 135 kph balls on a flat pitch?

Malik and Hafeez are two poor batsman who struggle with bounce and movement now Hussain will struggle against bounce, movement and pace so that shows he can’t possibly do better than them who already have 19-20 average in SENA countries.

32. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
      truth be told every year I care less and less because the side is so shit, and the administrators have destroyed the sport for us. inzi falls further and further in my estimation of him every time he opens his stupid mouth. I had always defended him as a payer and captain, and wanted him to do well, but I suppose the criticisms of him just not having any iq are true.

I hardly matters what side you pick from that squad, its just a question of how severe the phainty will be. with no conviction, I suppose they would go with:

1. Fakhar (although they might as well drop him for the two tests he's played, and bring back Shehzad, just to continue their bs double standards of selection)
      2. Sarfraz
      3. Shan
      4. Babar
      5. Malik
      6. Hafeez
      7. Shadab
      8. Faheem
      9. Hassan
      10. Amir/afridi
      11. Shinwari

33. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      You are confused in between picking the ball vs. not seeing the ball.

All the explanation you wrote reveals Talat's technical faults, which nobody is denying. I have said it myself.

However, saying that a batsman can't see if the ball sounds incorrect.

34. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      Technique and natural ability are two completely different things, not having enough time to play fast bowlers is a lack of natural ability or talent, Some batsman like Sharma and Haris have lots of time but a batsman needs the minimum time to judge length and line and then pick a shot and execute for that Hussain is late which is why when you increase the speed he’s more likely to miss the ball or make a mistake.

35. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    36. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
      Wahab is not any better, guy is waste of space.

37. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
      Afridi was a shit captain and a worse selector, proudly shouting to the world that he got the team he wanted before crashing out of everything he played. thanks but no thanks, please stick to snide twitter comments and shampoo commercials.

38. BuccalSingh

BuccalSingh Youngsta Beauty

Mar 21, 2016
      I dont think we will see the likes of Wahab "phainta" Riaz and Umesh Yadev playing much int cricket.

39. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
      My XI based on the squad.

Shaan
      Fakher
      Baber
      Mallik
      Rizwan
      Sarfaraz
      Faheem
      Shadab/Imad
      Hassan
      Usman
      Shaheen

And now, the one we are most likely gonna get.

Imam
      Fakher
      Baber
      Hafeez
      Malik
      Sarfaraz
      Faheem
      Shadab
      Amir
      Hassan
      Usman

Sent from knowhere.