Pakistan announce their T20 Squad but not the Captain or Vice Captain

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mercenary, Mar 12, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Pakistan's selectors have not named a captain in the final squad for the ICC World Twenty20 in April-May but have included Shahid Afridi and the Akmal brothers, who were fined heavily by the PCB based on the inquiry committee's report, in the 15-man list.

There were recalls for Misbah-ul-Haq and Salman Butt while under-19 allrounder Hammad Azam was chosen after a good World Cup.

Squad: Salman Butt, Mohammad Hafeez, Khalid Latif, Misbah-ul-Haq, Fawad Alam, Umar Akmal, Shahid Afridi, Abdul Razzaq, Yasir Arafat, Hammad Azam, Kamran Akmal, Umar Gul, Mohammad Asif, Mohammad Aamer, Saeed Ajmal.

Reserves: Shahzaib Hasan, Mohammad Sami, Raza Hasan, Naveed Yasin, Sarfraz Ahmed.

Source: Cricinfo (Click Here for full story)

2. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    The squad looks about right apart from the selection of Butt, Latif and possibly Arafat.

3. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Well Butt and Latif both had a good RBS cup so you can't fault the selectors for selecting them. Not sure why Arafat has been selected, whenever he has represented Pakistan at the top level his performances have been ordinary to say the least.

4. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Shahzaib and Asif Hussain deserved the spot in place of Butt and Latif. Both Latif and Arafat are not going to play anyway unless someone gets injured, if Butt gets the captaincy then he will play i guess although Hafeez is a starter for me.

5. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Hopefully the final XI is going to be this:

Hafeez
    Kamran
    Afridi
    Fawwad
    Umar
    Razzaq
    Misbah
    Aamer
    Ajmal
    Gul
    Asif

6. HuskerFan

HuskerFan Talented

Jan 30, 2010
    Wasim, this is the "bogus" report I posted;
    http://www.cricistan.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5471&postcount=19

Compare the team on jang's bogus report and the one announced today.
    Any comments? :D

Now the squads is the same as it was speculated by Jang, who should be banned and fined?

7. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Latif had a very good RBS T20 where as Asif Hussain had one decent match in that tournament and that too because Hafeez was on fire. I do agree though that Butt won't probably play unless he is given captaincy, in that case we can say good bye to world cup already.

8. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    The standard of the RBS T20 is nothing compared to that of T20’s on the international stage. Selman can score tons on the domestic level however he has proven to be a flop when it comes to the shorter form of the game in internationals.

Our reserves look week.

9. Farooqr8

Farooqr8 Youngsta Beauty

Jan 21, 2010
    really no Nazir??? he may be inconsistent but against big teams he can score. just look at what he did back in T20 WC 07. I'M GOING TO PRAY EXTRA TONIGHT THAT IMRAN FARHAT IS NOT ON THE TEAM. and Butt being included is scaring the crap out of me right now. he has no need to be in a T20 squad, especially since his fielding sucks!!!!! remember all those dropped catches last year

10. Wasim

Wasim Smooth Operator

Jan 20, 2010
    Just for the sake of discussion, who'd you have replaced Arafat with, considering his recent T20 performances vs Eng ?

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    @wasim

I'd rather have a genuine bowler like Aizaz Cheema or Mohammad Talha who can hit the big shots at the end of the innings too.

I like Arafat because he's a hard worker and always gives 100%, I really hope he surprises me but he's a bit of a domestic bully. He's played seven T20 games for Pakistan and apart from the last one against England he has never done anything of note. He's supposed to be an all rounder but he's never made a decent score. He's supposed to be a bowler first but he doesnt take wickets (3 in 6 games before the England game) and he has an economy of 8 runs per over.

What does he do exactly?

12. Saqlain Doosra

Saqlain Doosra Youngsta Beauty

Jan 19, 2010
    I'm shocked look at that squaq. Butt saab must have really good backing to get selected again and now even being mentioned as captain. Not a single hitter at the tope except akmal. Not do PCB now have retarded selectors as well.

13. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    @SD

I just cant understand why Salman keeps gettign selected over and over again despite being totally unsuited to T20 cricket

14. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    he did well in the recent RBS T20, didn't he? Hafeez also got his recall because of it...that being said, there are players better suited to T20 cricket than SB in Pakistan, they should have definitely been given a go instead of him and/or Khalid Latif.

15. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    Well Khalid Latif also did well in RSB T20 so if that is the basis on which squad was selected then the players who have been selected have the performances to back their selection.

16. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    to phir masla kya hai? :D

17. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    are they meant to announce the Captain tmrw?

18. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    I am guessing Butt's performances were just fluke either that or bowling was crap.

19. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    his 2 best knocks were against Peshawar, who have Umar Gul and Faisalabad, who boast the likes of Samiullah Niazi, Shahid Nazir and Saeed Ajmal...so your guess was completely wrong.