Pakistan are dangerous - Collingwood

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Omar, Feb 14, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Pakistan v England T20I Series

Pakistan are dangerous - Collingwood

Cricinfo staff

Paul Collingwood, England's captain for the Twenty20 series against Pakistan, has warned against underestimating his team's opposition, despite their woeful tour of Australia during which they failed to secure a single win.

"I think Pakistan are dangerous, it's as simple as that," he said. "Whenever you come and play against Pakistan they're a difficult side to beat. I guess sometimes you're unsure of what you're going to come up against but we're really going to concentrate on what we have to do this week. We've got a lot of confidence at the moment but we don't want to just sit back and rely on the confidence, we've got to do some hard yards before the games on Friday and Saturday.

"Pakistan are a very strong Twenty20 side and we're going to have to be right on our game to beat them. It might be a good time to play them, but you never quite know what you're going to get on the day so I think we've just got to concentrate on our own game and see what we get on the day."

The two matches at Dubai provide an international warm-up ahead of England's trip to Bangladesh, and they will also be an opportunity for England to get some vital match practice with the World Twenty20 tournament in West Indies less then two months away.

"It's good to have these two games before the world cup to see exactly where we are in terms of team selection and squad selection. The important thing this week is to get a few wins under our belt and that would give us great confidence going in to the world cup.

Collingwood, who has played in all but one of England's Twenty20 internationals since 2005, captaining the side to eight victories in 17 games at the helm, was confident that England are approaching a watershed as a one-day and twenty20 outfit and are a vastly improved side since the last World Twenty20 tournament.

"I'm excited because certainly with our batting line up we seem to be getting stronger and stronger with every one-day game we're playing and the confidence that we're building all the time. There are some important players among us already who can take the game away from the opposition. You need as many match-winners in your side as possible and I think we really are starting to get a lot of them."

http://www.cricinfo.com/england/content/current/story/448252.html

2. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Pakistan are even too dangerous for themselves perhaps?!

3. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    England haven't really impressed me much in the shorter form of the game and I won't be suprised if they use the excuses of not playing enough T20. I do expect Pakistan to win both T20's.

4. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    I expect Pakistan to win aswell, but u never know with Pakistan..

5. 12thman

12thman Youngsta Beauty

Feb 15, 2010
    Tbh honest mate I dont see Pakistan winning these two games, I see a major batting collapse. If we decide to bowl first then maybe we have a chance

6. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    On paper Pakistan should win both games easily but after the whitewash in Australia and with the ongoing committee looking into the NZ and Aus tours it's hard to say where their heads will be.

Even at the best of times they find it hard to concentrate on the job at hand but right now they actually have an excuse to not be at the top of their games. Collingwood is just throwing more coal onto the fire by giving them the favourites tag.

7. _INCOGNITO_

_INCOGNITO_ Youngsta Beauty

Feb 2, 2010
    Ponting had said the same thing to Pakistan team when they were about to play Aus...and they gave a complete drubbing to Pak...anyway i am a supporter of Pak cricket and always will be..GO PAKISTAN!!

8. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    This is a meagre Pakistani side, being led by the likes of Malik. Collingwood is still living in the past.

9. Sohaib

Sohaib Youngsta Beauty

Jan 21, 2010
    Back in 2005 when England won the Ashes and they arrived in Pakistan for a Test series he said England can beat Pakistan 3-0 in Test but they themselves nearly got white-washed 3-0. Luckily they managed to hold onto a draw in a Test. Good to see him not taking Pakistan lightly this time around even though it's just couple of Twenty20s.