Pakistan crushed by West Indies in 2nd WC game - Post match discussion

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by chandtara, Feb 21, 2015.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Players aren't allowed to use twitter during the world cup ....

2. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011

Good for them or else Shahzad would be getting real phaintia today.

3. Pakfast

Pakfast Talented

May 8, 2013
    TBH, it all comes down to the captain. Players are to blame of course so is the management, but it's the captain who had done literally nothing, not only since taking over the captaincy but also after the CT. He had plenty of time and unlimited power in team selection and team tactics. After the WI loss I started to blame the fielders but in reality misbah is to blame.
    You could see the body language change after each misfield or dropped catch, it is misbah's job to lift the team's spirit and motivate them. His captaincy has been a big nothing, he can't inspire the team and looks lost once in trouble. Give the exact same team to macculum or dhoni and watch us win the WC. I hope the media is sharpening their pitch forks and go after the real problem in our team, misbah.

4. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    I'm not sure how this is a surprising result to 'anyone'.
    The team needs to celebrate in a restaurant tonight.

All I have to say to these useless players; sharam karo.

On the funny side though, when U Akmal got his 50 didn't look like he wanted to put his bat down. That expressions was like You dropped me, you think I can't perform under pressure, SUCK IT. Lol.

5. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    Take your own advice, you've been acting like you have world beaters for god knows how long and talking as if a QF berth was all but a formality. Seeing you struggle to get there has been hilarious, guess that's your just deserts for being so arrogant despite having such an ordinary side. Here's hoping the hard working Zimboks and Irish knock you over too, they've shown far more heart than your paper legends.

6. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    You could play your ideal XI and still struggle, it's time for Pakistani's to finally realize they just don't have the talent or mental strength to compete with the top sides in the world in ODI's.

7. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    Fake kiwi stick to PP. No one here's boasting of a world class team. Just discussing the best team possible from the current squad.

PS: And btw Wahab clocked 151ks in his 8th over, was that a speed gun error too, lmao. haha burn kid.

8. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011

First of all we even don't know which team you support. If you support India as you are an Indian trying to be a wannabe Kiwi then know the fact that since the past three months down under this Indian team had only won the last 2 games. They were so poor that they couldn't even win from England.

And if you are supporting the Kiwis then it was not long ago that they were defeated by Bangladesh in an ODI series. They are peaking at the right time but will for sure bottle it when it matters, they always have.

9. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    They've never bottled it because they've never been good enough to make it to a final and win, making it to the Semis themselves is considered an over achievement. Except in 92,, that's the only time we should have gone further but were beaten by a side who was better on the day. Unless you think we bottled it?

10. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    "It's time for Pakistani's to finally realize they just don't have the talent or mental strength to compete with the top sides in the world in ODI's."

You need to go through some threads and post here, everyone knows our place bar a few (OTT) "optimistic" people. So it's not as if were in a state of denial like people seem to strangely believe.

"You could play your ideal XI and still struggle."

Not really, the whole point of playing the right 11 with the right plan is to ensure that they're competetive, the reason we aren't seeing that is because of the blunders were making.

Tell me this;

Would Williamson be as profilic if he was batting at 7?

Would Corey be as profilic if he was sent to open one innings, at 3 the next, at 6 the next heck even 4th the next innings?

Would Boult perform as such if he was only playing one in every 3 games? Woud he develope if he didn't Bond behind him? Would he be as good without Southee?

11. CricketFan96

CricketFan96 Smooth Operator

Aug 4, 2012
    Pakistan just woke West Indies up lol.

12. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    Who is going to wake Pakistan up?

13. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    Crucial detail you're missing here - KW and Corey Anderson are intelligent, hard working individuals who are willing to put in the yards to improve, they would succeed anywhere in the order because of this (with difference in the amount of success by position of course).

14. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    Choi Saab This is coming from a current Pakistani player....

"Where is the talent? There's no talent?" - Saeed Ajmal

15. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    And? Junaid is an absolute work horse and was actually considered an intellegent bowler at times which was pretty much the consensus on PP at the time, yet with all his effort, work etc he hasn't risen to the occassion when given a different reaoonsibilty.

Not comparing him to KW (hold in high regard btw) or CA, just giving you an example on how that isn't always the case despite the early success.
    And I don't see the relevance? Unless I made a statement contradictory to Ajmal?

16. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012
    Love the NZ Cricket Team, but their fans lel.

Pakistan 1-0 New Zealand

Guess in what?

WCs.

17. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    How quickly they forget :shrug

(mind the language in the title)

18. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    Junaid is not intelligent, doesn't have the skill set or the talent to be a really good bowler.

Relevance? you've said it's important to play the right XI, well guess what? If they're not talented, they're still going to get beat. That's what I'm referring to here, they're lack on all fronts - talent, skill, work ethic and intellect. You could win the odd game if you had raw talent, but Pakistan don't even have that now.

19. London_Lahori

London_Lahori Tracer Bullet

Feb 18, 2014
    And yet another World Cup in which your boys punched above their weight and then got their asses handed to them in the SF.

This year is your chance, I tip NZ to win but a part of me thinks you'll crumble under the pressure.

20. Don Corleone

Don Corleone Kaptaan

Jul 20, 2012

Meh... I prefer the semi-final we played against you in your backyard in 92 instead.

21. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Wow. Just wow. So rather than listen and understand the point. You just brush it to one side without focusing on the point made.

Important to play the right 11, meaning the balance and composition of the team has be be correct in order to be competative, how does that translate to winning? And what does that have to do with talent, skill or work ethic? Your confusing your point.

Besides I don't see why your questioning work ethic, YK is an absolute workhorse, yet he isn't performing, so again rectify your point, as it doesn't make sense.

22. Aman

Aman Formerly 'Zaros'

May 13, 2014
    YK doesn't have the skillset for LOI's cricket, his record indicates that.

I get what you're trying to say but we've been here before - when Pakistan play their 'best XI' and lose or look really poor, we go back to looking for another best XI...

I've learn't the idea of a 'best XI' only exists in Pakistani fans heads, the players they think should be in the side have their own flaws and are an excess to requirements for one reason or another ( e.g. Fawad, with undroppable YK, Misbah and Shehzad in the side). But eventually they're on the chopping block once those flaws are exposed (e.g. Sarfraz's batting outside the SC and wicket keeping) and we go back to looking for a 'best XI'.

It's a never ending cycle, maybe the sad reality for Pakistani fans is the players you have just aren't good enough to cover up holes in the side, gel together as a unit and challenge the top sides consistently.

23. P.B

P.B Smooth Operator

Sep 16, 2012
    4 years later we still get crushed by West Indies

24. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Warning: colourful language

lmao this is still relevant 4 years on

25. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
  26. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Banned

Apr 16, 2010
    Lol hahahahahha
    Sara roza kharaab kar diya yar - ROFL

27. ASLI-PATHAN

Apr 26, 2011
    It's hilarious that after all these years of chopping & changing we are still standing exactly where we were. Another Embarrassing loss to WI.