Pakistan domestic cricket

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Mohammed Bilal, Apr 1, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    I’ve been hearing a lot these days about sending Inzi to France; sending Mickey back to South Africa and the usual ‘bring in .....’ you fill in the blanks however every team has selection errors you must admit. England keep selecting Keaton Jennings for Tests; appalling bowling line up in limited overs baring one or two players. India have 20+ batsman who average 45+ however I won’t mention that because bowling is their weaker suit, they have four express pacers in Navdeep Saini, Avesh Khan, Nagarkoti and Mavi yet they persist with Kaul, Chahar, Thakur, Khaleel and Bhuvi. New Zealand has very little problems selecting an 11 because their main players are top players however the players they tried out had average stats. South Africa have kolpak problems and they have an obvious starting 11 like Nz. How the Aussies are leaving out Billy Stanlake and Pattinson for Behrendoff and Kane Richardson baffles me no end. West Indies selection is simply the worst and Sri Lanka don’t have the patience to back a talented player for more than two or three matches for some reason. Just want to remind you who Inzi has brought in over these two years for the Pakistan team Khalid Latif, Sharjeel Khan, Mohammed Nawaz, Iftikhar Ahmed, Hassan Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Amear Yamin, Usman Salahuddin, Saad Ali, Hussain Talat, Shaheen Afridi, Usman Shinwari, Abid Ali, Shan 2.0, Rizwan 2.0, Haris 2.0, Mohammed Hasnain, Imam, Junaid Khan 2.0, Shehzad 2.0, Umar Amin, Hafeez 2.0, Mohammed Abbas, Rumman Raees, Sami Aslam, Bilal Asif, Asghar, Mir Hamza, Asif Ali, Waqas Maqsood He’s also tried Kamran Akmal, Khurram Manzoor, Rahat Ali, Wahab, Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali (ODIs), Sohail Khan, Tanvir and Mohammed Irfan which is clever as these players now cannot sit on media and talk rubbish. For the A team & emerging team Inzi has given chances to Saud Shakeel, Khushdil Shah, Zohaib Khan, Umar Siddiq, Azizullah, Adil Amin, Mohammed Saad, Irfan Jailor, Irfan leg spinner, Ashiq Ali, Zeeshan Malik, Ali Imran, Mukhtar Ahmed, Salman Agha, Mohammed Irfan Jr, Ahmed Jamal, Waqas Ahmed, Ali Shafiq, Taj Wali, Ehsan Adil, Zain Abbas, Sohaib Maqsood, Imran Butt, Usama Mir, Ghulam Mudassar, Saifullah Bangash, Zafar Gohar, Ammad Butt, Jaahid Ali, Mohammed Hasan, Zafar Gohar, Umaid Asif, Asif Zakir, Adnan Akmal, Shahzaib Ahmed.

As of yet he’s also included Musa Khan, Rauf, Ahsan Ali, Umer Khan and Umar Siddiq in the Pakistan Cup so please do stop with the criticism. He has selected the players whether they performed or played is a different matter that’s for the management to answer so please don’t send Inzi to France.

Onto the purpose of the thread which is what I belive is the only way for us to become a top side in the future and by top I mean wining World cups and staying at the top of the Test rankings. It’s clear the problem does not lie within the management, selection comitee or captain, think of it like this you can give stoke city Alex Ferguson and a selection team that selects the best 11 possible from the squad, forget about winning they will probably lose more so it’s the same here. Please don’t send Mickey to South Africa otherwise Waqar is going to comeback.

Pakistan domestic cricket has regions & departments both participate in the premier FC (Quaid -e-Azam trophy) tournament and in the List A tournament (Quaid-e-Azam Cup). We have 8 regional teams & 8 departmental teams, apart from this tournament we have a grade two tourney which features a further 10 regional teams that play to gain promotion in the QeA trophy this tourney consists of only regional teams. We have a sister tournament for departmental teams and in that tournament we have 22 teams by the way these tournaments do not run simultaneously only in the QeA trophy and QeA Cup both regions and departments participate simultaneously.

We have 16 regions however there are two teams from both Lahore and Karachi which makes it 18 teams under these regions we have a collection of 2-7 city districts depending on how big the region is, for example under Dera Murad Jamali region we have only 3 district teams however Karachi region has seven district teams. Under these 16 regions we have 104 inter districts teams which roughly equates to about 7 teams under each main region. There are two types of inter district either u-19 inter district team or senior district team, we will come to u-19 later. The senior inter district teams build their teams with TTFs from first class or Grade two, university players, open trial and from clubs the senior inter district teams play a three day tournament the player pathway leads to playing for the region on top of that district, playing for another region in grade two, playing for a grade two departmental side or if you’re good maybe even getting to play FC for either department or regional side however this rarely happens, if the region you play for is strong and playing in QeA trophy then you’re lucky if not then it’s the long way son playing grade two cricket for your regional side most probably.

For U-19 there are more player pathways on top of the 104 U-19 inter district teams we have 18 main regional u-19 teams that play one day and three day whilst 5 u-19 provinces play T20 however as an under 19 player you can start playing for a the senior regional team in grade two or regional side in Fc for example If I play for Nowshera Division as an U-19 cricketer in U-19 inter district I can then go on to play for Peshawar U-19 region or actually for Peshawar region which plays QeA trophy if I perform outstandingly well a departmental side grade two or grade one will offer a job and to play cricket for them however they only go for talented cricketers or proven performers so the chance of that happening is 0.5-1.5% if not selected by regional U-19 team the option left is to play senior inter division cricket, U-19 teams get their players from clubs, schools and open trials.

Currently there are 2849 clubs registered with the PCB.

I’ve just done this to explain the situation because before today I couldn’t understand what was actually going on.

I have no problem at all with 104 inter district teams because as a kid you can’t travel across your city let alone to another city so the fact there are lots of inter district teams is a good thing for u-19 cricket only. I have no idea why you have 104 inter district senior teams? Time to get rid of them and rejig to about 32 teams instead however this should still mean trials and selecting players from the previous 104 regions is still done doing this will increase the quality of cricket being played at lower levels. Keep the 16 main regions on top of these 32 inter district for seniors district team and on top of that you have six provincial sides that play the premier FC tournament. Scrap the QeA Cup and make sure one day cricket is played between the 18 regional sides. The Pakistan Cup should be the premiere List A tournament in Pakistan. You remove departments completely from the scene. So basically you have a six team FC tournament, five team List A tournament, eight team T20 tournament and then PSL under that you have 18 regional sides competing in grade two in two divisions with eight teams in each division the PCB need to create a rule where the top FC players are not able to participate in this grade two tournament also this grade two tournament should never be used as a selection criteria. The regional sides will play three day and one day cricket, the best players from this will then get into their FC provincial side.

As for U-19 the model is perfect, perhaps you can spend more money on the model to make sure the best performing players at inter district U-19 level are then selected for the main regional U-19 side.

To make sure the standard is elite each of the six teams that compete in FC should have a modern Cricket academy in their province that includes bowling machines, gym, exposure to different conditions, the FC side should have a fielding coach, batting coach, bowling coach, a trainer, performance analyser, head coach and each team should have its own home stadium.

And yes the PCB needs to get rid of the corrupt cricket mafia, they need to do extensive background checks on all the heads of regions and employ credible former cricketers as selectors who should select the top performers from Inter senior district or Inter u-19 district.

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    PCB has done a great job. I'm very happy with the proposal of the 6 high performance centres which will come under the national high performance centre.

6 first class teams and then 6 second 11 teams. Second 11 will play 3 day, T20 and one day cricket.

I just hope people don't start treating second 11 cricket as first class. If someone does well in grade two they should not be selected for the national team. Instead they should be picked through if they perform well for their first class team.