Pakistan fans will never accept me: Imamul Haq

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Pakistan opener Imamul Haq has opened up about the nepotism accusations often attributed with him because of his relation with the former Men in Green’s skipper Inzamamul Haq.

While speaking to the website ‘The Cricketer’, Imam rued the fact that he might never be able to change people’s perception about him.

“I don’t think it will change unfortunately,” said Imam. “The people will never accept me. That’s what I think.”

“I will be very pleased if people were to accept me as Imamul Haq and not as someone’s nephew,” he added.

Imam insists that he has made it into the Pakistan team through sheer hard work and not through any shortcuts.

“People think he [Inzamam] instructed Mickey Arthur to select me'” he said. “People need to realize that we are living in a time where you can’t hide anything from the media. I won’t be in the team without my performance.”

People need to realize that we are living in a time where you can’t hide anything from the media. I won’t be in the team without my performance.

“They don’t see that I’ve gone through the process. They only see that I’m a nephew of Inzamam and they believe that they have the right to criticise me,” he added.

“I cry a lot when Pakistan lose. Its hurts me if people criticise Babar Azam or Mohammad Amir,” he said. I know what we all go through to give our best for the team. ”

https://cricketpakistan.com.pk/en/news/detail/pakistan-fans-will-never-accept-me-imamul-haq

2. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    people see his performances and how the people he leap frogged had done massively better than him, that why the people with more than two brain cells wont accept him. not accepting him is to do with performance, not his surname. inzi allowing him to selected in place of other far more deserving candidates, is an issue of surname.

in any case, not sure why he's crying, hes had a dream introductory run to international cricket, a run of 36 games and counting, with a bunch of those early doors against bona fide minnows - sounds like a load of love from his supporters, unlike shan, abid, alam etc - as opposed to no love.

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Imam is acting. Cover drive kehlni athi nahi hai lekin bolta hai jese koi Gilchrist hai. One more thing he needs to decide. One minute he says he doesn't want to react and next he does reacts. Silly boy.

He was a sufarishi selection. Would you have expected Imran Butt to have been selected? You probably haven't even heard of the guy but he also performed in ACC emerging Asia cup and had a better record in both First class and List A at that time as compared to Imam.

Yes he made a double century in QeA trophy final but Salman Butt also made twin centuries, Fakhar also made 175 but he was never getting selected until he played PSL. Azhar Ali was removed and Azhar at that time had played 3-4 good innings in the Champions trophy.

4. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010

So leave Pakistan and play county cricket or something.

5. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    wrong

most here dont like him solely because inzamam is his uncle and think inzamam selected because of family bond

keep denying and making stupid argument regarding his inclusion not right in the team.

SA tour he proved everyone wrong.

• List
  6. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    in all honesty Pakistani cricket fans deserve the worst performances and early exits from all tournaments

ungrateful all the time

• List
  7. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    wrong.

its totally stupid to justify a selection or deselection based on one tour.

its all discussed in excruciating black and white and totally clear details here:

https://www.cricistan.com/threads/3...80-sr-8-100s-still-parchi.50903/#post-1424552

Pakistan fans deserve the bottom of the table that they've been in thanks to selections based on one performance here and there without the intelligence to look at the other 75% of their performances.

• List
  8. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    You have not understood cricket yet. it is not hard to bat in limited overs cricket in SENA infact it is nice to bat in these countries because the bounce is so that you can play shots and because the pitches are flat you get no movement, on top of it you get a kookaburra ball. In Tests the tracks are green and they have cracks in them in SA and Australia whilst in NZ there are green tracks and in England you have the dukes ball for Tests. Limited overs cricket is childs play. Durban pitch had excess bounce and he failed on that pitch. In England recently the pitches were not outright betters and again we saw him struggle. Remember again that the pitches in SENA for limited overs cricket are belters for batting because they give even bounce even if there is grass. The only thing that makes pitches in SENA hard for Pakistani batters is extra bounce. Western Australia type bounce. Durban, Nottingham (WI match) or Dunedin in 2017. You only know this if you watch the match. The kookaburra swings for 5 overs and when it wants to. When that happens Imam folds like against India in the world cup where the ball was moving considerably.

9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    In all honesty, Pakistani fans are THE BEST fans in the world.

This team has got our hearts stabbed with daggers so many times, yet we still support and follow them.

Chootiya board, ghattiya selectors, politics everywhere, little known crappy players, no hero in the team, dumb captains, a paltoon of tried and tested failures, sifarshies, umar akmals, shehzads and Farhats, match fixers, druggies, spot fixers, sentimental chouthi jamaat fail daft with ego bigger than their butts who can't handle fame and/or media - i mean you name it and we went through that crap - YET we stayed with this team and with this board.

W the F you talking about?

Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  10. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    I won't question his place in the ODI side because he has performed well. But his selection in Test cricket was pure sifarish! He should be nowhere near the Test team for now.

11. Shaz130

Shaz130 Talented

Dec 29, 2016
    I mean can this guy start performing to earn respect by the Pakistan fans? Does he not understand in order to win the hearts of Pakistan fans you have got to do it by performing. Instead of thinking about what others think of him he should fix his shortcomings in his batting. I dislike how in nearly every interview he talks about how he is viewed in Pakistan cricket. Like shut up and perform.