Pakistan: Forget how to win?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Qazaa, Feb 5, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    Well i think it is safe to say that Pakistan truely got the biggest whooping of thier lives.

But i wonder what a tour like this does psychologically to a Pakistan player.

My main concerns are for Aamer and Umar Akmal.

I truely believe a winning team generates future winners. This can clearly be seen with Aussies.

The quesiton is, how will the Pakistan players react to this mauling.

Will, forgetting how to win effect our ability to win up coming tours?

Or will these guys take this as a lesson and learn from it?

2. Kashif

Kashif Pehlwaan

Dec 27, 2009
    Leadership quality, tactics and team unity are crucial for any team sport success. These 3 items were missing during this tour. Doesnt matter how much talented one is. On occasions sheer talent has bailed us out of tricky situations despite missing the above mentioned ingredients.

From a technical point of view, my immediate concerns are fielding. When it comes to batting, we lack the patience required to build/nurture a partnership.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    You've got a good point Qazaa, it's impossible to predict what sort of long standing effect these constants defeats in Sri Lanka, New Zealand and Australia will have on developing players like Umar Akmal, Mo Aamer and Fawad Alam.

I'm not too worried about Aamer and Fawad because they've both shown that they're willing to stick like glue to the wicket (or at least try to) and never give up no matter how badly we're losing.

It's Umar Akmal that concerns me, he doesn't seem to have the confidence in himself to carry us over the line. Rather than playing an attritional innings he would rather just flash at the ball and he takes far too many risks with cute shots all around the wicket. Whilst it's great to watch and shows off his immense talent, it wont bring the team too many victories.

To answer you original question, I think that a good captain/coach can help breed a winning mentality into a team used to losing. Take the Indian team as an example, Ganguly inherited a team used to losing and galvanised it into a unit that fought hard. Then Dhoni took the team over the next hurdle and made them one of the top 3 teams in the world.

So I dont think it's too late or that it can ever be too late but there needs to be the will to change at all levels, from the PCB chairman down to the 12th man, everyone has to want to make those changes.

4. Qazaa

Qazaa Youngsta Beauty

Jan 20, 2010
    So finally Pakistan win a game.

Going back to my itial point "I truely believe a winning team generates future winners"

It took a man with a winning mentality to get us a T20 win over England. The man of course was Razzaq. The mans a winner and mentally apt to closing out a game.

Lets pray Pak get a few more wins under thier belts and get the youngsters in the mood.