Pakistan General Elections 2018

Discussion in 'The Pavilion' started by Passionate Pakistani, Aug 8, 2016.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Judges are not going to make. They said decide between yourselves if you want a commission and pti is one main party in this case so how do you know that commission will be made without pti agreement ?

And btw naeem bukhari has already asked court to disqualify mian aaab on the basis of article 62 and 63 that he lied in assembly which even salman butt accepted that it was only a politcial speech

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

2. Top Spinner

Top Spinner Tracer Bullet

Feb 27, 2013
    Judges are quite corrupt in Pakistan... i dont know why people expect justice from these clowns..(not talking about a particular case)

3. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    I agree!

4. Saad Suddozai

Saad Suddozai Youngsta Beauty

May 17, 2017
    -Punjab - PMLN
    -Sindh - PPP
    -KPK - PTI
    -Balochistan - PKMAP
    -Federal - PMLN

• One possibility that could happen is that PTI could get the majority of seats in the National Assembly (NA), but because of being a hung parliament, PMLN will make alliances to make Nawaz Sharif the Prime Minister again Unless PTI Allies with PAT, APML, AML, JI, And PSP to form the Government.
    • Another possibility that could happen is that PTI could get the most popular votes with the second largest votes in the NA.
    • Another possibility that could happen is that PTI will not contest in the elections if the proper reforms are not made.
    • Another possibility that could happen if Electoral Reforms are not made is that PTI might lose in KPK, or get third place in NA, or third place in popular votes. Either of these three will destroy the party.
    • Another possibility that could happen is that PTI could win KPK, get the third largest NA seats, and the second largest popular votes again like in 2013, which would mean no progress has been made due to lack of proper Electoral Reforms. This would also destroy the party.
    • If some, but not all election reforms made, the most likely scenario that will happen is that PTI will win KPK again. PTI will at least get the second largest popular votes again and the second largest NA seats making Imran Khan the Leader of the Opposition which will give him good practice for the 2023 elections where he will face Bilawal Bhutto Zardari’s rise to politics and Maryam Nawaz Sharif. If he is healthy, God willing, Imran Khan and PTI will win in the 2023 elections after another five years of PMLN. PTI will get the second largest national assembly seats in 2018 because more youth voters will vote for him since 2013. The main reason why the youth will vote for him is because they are the fastest growing population in Pakistan, and the vast majority of them support Imran Khan which should give PTI a good ten million popular votes easily.

• PTI MAIN AGENDA FOR 2018 ELECTIONS
    1. Get election reforms.
    • NADRA finger printed verified voting.
    • Electronic voting
    • Overseas voting
    • Election Commission and Caretaker Government to be appointed by Supreme Court.
    • Army to provide security in all polling stations during the election.
    • Time limit of election should be extended. India's election takes one month to complete, and one month to count. Pakistan's election should at least take three days to vote, and three days to count.
    • 2. PTI should focus its rallies less about Panama Case, and more about Election Reforms. We all know that Nawaz Sharif is a thief and an immoral human being and he will never resign. Irrespective of the fact that Nawaz Sharif asked Gilani to step down before he was even convicted of Contempt of Court. Nawaz Sharif asked Gilani to do the same thing, and when it is his turn, he doesn’t do what he wants others to do.
    • 3. Disqualify Nawaz Sharif from the next election because he has criminal convictions of corruption in the Panama Case from maybe not the Joint Investigation Team because they are under him, but definitely the Supreme Court Judges that have spoken against him.
    • 4. Get more MNA's And MPA's that were winners in previous elections to satisfy the lower class voters in the rural villages of Punjab and Sindh.
    • 5. Continue to build up Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and try to link it up with the China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). Also repave the roads before the election 2018 to make everything look new and good. Continue to improve government hospitals and schools and make them even better than Shaukat Khanum and Namal.
    • 6. Make an alliance with Pakistan Awami Tehreek (PAT), All Pakistan Muslim League (APML), Awami Muslim League (AML), Pak Sarzameen Party (PSP), and Jamat Islami (JI).
    • 7. Before the elections, PTI should create political television ads about what they have accomplished In KPK. Also television ads of the three judges against Nawaz Sharif in the Panama Case verdict, and put these ads on live television news channels as Informative Commercials.

5. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Things have been heating up in the last few weeks.

Many MNA's and MPA's have been joining PTI and the social media gurus are already visualizing Imran Khan as the next PM.

This is a major breakthrough for PTI... now they can start dreaming big.

Realistically, don't think PMLN will go down that easily. And PPP still looking formidable in Sindh esp after MQM downfall.

So who will win the elections?

6. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    The Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) and Janoobi Punjab Suba Mahaz (JPSM) have reached an agreement that will see the latter merge with the former, DawnNewsTV reported on Tuesday citing PTI spokesperson Fawad Chaudhry.

"The negotiations between PTI and JPSM have concluded," Chaudhry said, adding that an official confirmation of the agreement is scheduled to be made in a joint press conference tomorrow.

The JPSM group, which comprises more than 15 former elected representatives of the PML-N, is expected to make its merger official after meeting PTI Chairman Imran Khan on Wednesday.

"The rest of the details will be disclosed tomorrow in Islamabad," Chaudhry added.

The JPSM is a movement of like-minded politicians, mostly from the ruling PML-N, who demand the creation of a new province in south Punjab.

Early last month, Khusro Bakhtiar, a former PML-N leader from south Punjab, had held a press conference flanked by like-minded lawmakers to demand a new province "for the security of the future of the children of south Punjab".

During his press conference, Bakhtiar had explained: "New provincial demarcations are the need of the time. We are not here to start a rift — time has made the need for new provinces very apparent."

"The demarcation of new provinces will ensure that funds allocated for Rajanpur are not given to Multan," he continued. "All we want is equality amongst the regions."

"We have a single point agenda: the creation of a new province in south Punjab," Bakhtiar had said.

Speaking of the movement's future alliances, Bakhtiar had said, "We are ready for dialogue with any party."

"Our goal is simple: when the new assemblies take oath, the legislation for a new province should be passed within the first session. If that does not happen, we will go to the Supreme Court," he had stated to cries of assent.

Later, the PTI had backed the JPSM's demand for a separate province, "not for linguistic reasons but on administrative grounds to mitigate the miseries and sense of deprivation being faced by some 35 million people living in Bahawalpur, Multan and Dera Ghazi Khan divisions”.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1406390/f...noobi-punjab-suba-mahaz-set-to-merge-with-pti

7. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    JPSM merging into PTI is a huge success. PTIs position in S Punjab has become even stronger.

I reckon JPSM could have been set for around 30odd seats (if not more).

Also, why weekday? Is election day a holiday in Pakistan?

8. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    PTI, provided the election is free and fair.

9. Red Devil

Red Devil Whispering Death

Dec 15, 2013
    Obviously man.

10. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    lol I didn't know...it's not a holiday here (and elections here are always on a Thursday)

11. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    And still aam admi like you doesn't vote smh

If I'm not wrong, i think last time something around only 45% eligible awaam voted and it was a new record for Pakistan.

I have a feeling the educated and upper class will see a dip this time. Though I hope to be wrong.

12. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    That figure isn't entirely accurate. Pakistanis don't have a tradition to report the deaths of family members to local authorities or get death certificates made. The voter lists have millions of people that have been dead for decades and that list only grows every year.

13. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    It was 55% actually, but yeah hopefully we see an increase this time because a lot of young people who weren't eligible to vote last time around have entered the electorate.

That dip in upper class voters is entirely possible though since most of them were PTI supporters because they promised change etc. But this time, after the influx of old politicians in PTI, they will probably lose some of that support.

But that still doesn't change the fact that PTI is in the best position they have ever been before an election. These electables and influential politicians are a necessary evil if you want to win the election tbh.

14. Red Devil

Dec 15, 2013
    Lol that's strange, I assumed it would be a holiday everywhere. :confused:

15. iAd

iAd Sultan of Swing

Nov 9, 2012
    Well things have certainly changed in the past year. The only thing I can say for sure is a PPP government in Sindh. The rest is all up for grabs be it Karachi, Punjab, KP or Balochistan.

PTI if anything have turned the tide around. What seemed to be a PMLN majority government only a year ago has become a competitive race which could go either way or end up being a hung parliament.

16. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Barring a blunder by Khan saab, we are all set to see the great man making this nation great again.

InshAllah he wi be our PM on this Jashne azadi. This is his last chance though.

No hope from all other tried and tested parties.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    @Red Devil tbh with all nazriyati candidates and voters, pti only managed to win 30 odd seats.. even out of those 30 only few were new faces. Majority were the electables.

This nazriyati voters and candidates do not work in Pakistan election system.

18. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Lots of engineering has happened in last one year so cant really say but my gut feeling is that it will be coalition federal government led by Imran while PML-N will be still a majority party in Punjab. Sindh for sure with PPP.

19. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Many of those upper/middle class and educated masses in the bigger cities got demoralized after facing hardships at the polling booths and seeing all that rigging by PMLN and MQM last elections.
    Many of them will expect the same struggles this time too. A big portion of those guys vote the party and not their local candidate... I'm sure many of those people esp the youngsters won't even know who their local candidate is.

In smaller areas, its still a different story. Sheep are going to follow their muhallay ke councillors and peer murshads blindly and thats where the majority of seats come out from so its important to have all these ghissay pittay old faces there.

20. Karachi-King

Karachi-King Talented

Jun 4, 2011
    'Win Punjab, Win Pakistan' like always

21. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  22. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    So according to Mujeeb Rehman Shami, all these sufferings of PMLN are being caused by Imran Khan's peerni wife.

23. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    LOL, so this means IK will become PM now, because he has peerni's blessings.

24. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    PML-N leaders switch loyalties, join PTI

–Estranged PTI MNA, who once claimed attack on Malala was staged, joins PML-N

ISLAMABAD: A number of Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders, including sitting as well as former lawmakers, have announced to join Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI), causing a setback to the ruling party.

According to details, after meeting PTI Chairman Imran Khan at his Bani Gala residence in Islamabad, the disgruntled PML-N politicians announced joining PTI. They expressed confidence in the manifesto and leadership of Imran Khan.

MNA from Jhang Ghulam Bibi Bharvana and Sahibzada Nazir Sultan met Imran Khan on Thursday and joined his party. Sahibzada Nazir Sultan had won the election from Jhang as an independent candidate before joining the PML-N.

[​IMG]

In addition, PMLN MNA Ghulam Rasool Sahi and former speaker Afzal Sahi called on Imran Khan at Bani Gali and announced PTI.

“I am joining the PTI as a patriotic Pakistani. I cannot remain associated with the PML-N anymore,” he said. Ghulam Rasool Sahi was elected as MNA from NA-75 in Faisalabad after 2013 elections.

Other leaders including PML-N MPA Azam Cheela, Ghulam Ahmed Gadi, Sheikh Yaqoob, Rashida Yaqoob, Aslam Bharvana, Asif Kathia and Chaudhry Shehbaz also joined the PTI.

The recent statement of ex-prime minister Nawaz Sharif has sparked anger among the politicians as several PML-N leaders have expressed concerns during parliamentary meeting that was headed by newly-elected party president and Chief Minister of Punjab (CM) Shehbaz Sharif.

PTI MNA joins PML-N:

[​IMG]

On the other hand, Mussarat Ahmadzeb, a PTI MNA from Swat who is widely known for resisting the teachings of Malala Yousafzai, has joined the PML-N and attended the party’s parliamentary meeting.

https://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2018/05/17/pml-n-leaders-switch-loyalties-join-pti/

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Drama Shareef's face tell which way things are heading.

26. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    I have actually lost count of these sitting MNAs from PMLN jumping ship in the last month or so and joining PTI now

27. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Couple of months till all the times i told my friends from back in my high school days, through my uni days that Imran will be Pakistans PM may well come true Inn shaa Allah

28. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    PPPP (saying this with a heavy heart, as it seems it is playing a good cop, but I hope they are no way near winning) or PTI, or a hung parliament. No chance for PML N this time.

29. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    What makes you say PPP can win? They're only good enough to win Sindh but they'll hardly win seats in other parts of country.

30. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    Cases against Zardari withdrawn, Rao Anwar not punished yet, Dr Asim was set free, etc, some deals are cooking I guess.

31. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    All of those only lead to saving Zardari from the courts... not win national assembly seats

32. Don Quixote

Nov 13, 2015
    May be, but you never know as we are yet to see any electoral reforms

33. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Pti needs to target over 80 NA seats from Punjab.

They will need 137 for simple majority.. i think they can easily get upto 30 from KP. Few here and there in Federal and Karachi..maybe something from Balochistan nd then some independent joining them once they are close to that simple majority figure.. but they will need at least 80 from Punjab.

And considering PPP situation in Punjab, i dont see them winning 40 from punjab let alone 80 @Don Quixote

34. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Number of NA seats for direct elections are 272 which are divided like this

Punjab 148
    Sindh 61
    KP 35
    Balochistan 14
    Fata 12
    Federal 2

Anyone who wants to form government have to win a major bulk from punjab or clean sweep other provinces. PTI and PPP major issue is their nonexistant in Sindh and KP respectively which means they have to heavily rely on winning a major bulk.. upto 80 seats from PUnjab and PPP do not even have 80 candidates for Punjab let alone winning 80 lol.

Out of 35 KP and 12 FATA, they should easily win 30
    Federal 2 shouldnt be an issue either
    Few from Karachi maybe 2-3 or even more if khlai makhlooq helps
    And then a major breakthrough in punjab is needed.

I think PSP and Balochistan National party andmaybe PMLF will also form coalition with PTI which should add 5-6 NA seats as well minimum.

Once you reach that 110-120 mark, you will easily get all those independent.. but as i said earlier, all depends on Punjab results

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  35. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Wese what are the possibilities of rigging? Are we really gonna have clean elections?

36. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    No.

Pakistan hasnt had clean elections bar 1970 elections.

37. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    These elections also will be engineered to some extent

38. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    My predictions are as below
    1. PTI in center with a weak coalition govt. IK as PM and Nisar as opposition leader
    2. PPP in Sindh
    3. Weaker PML- N in Punjab. Shahbaz as CM
    4. Unsure about this. this could be rewarded to Zaradari using coalition govt with ANP and JUI-F.
    5. Baluchistan to the current set up

39. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
  40. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014