Pakistan is one of the safest places in the world right now - Chris Gayle

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Jan 9, 2020.

Pakistan is one of the safest places in the world right now - Chris Gayle

by Del
Jan 9, 2020 at 5:27 PM
  1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    SAvsPAK.jpg

West Indies superstar Chris Gayle on Thursday advised Bangladesh national cricket team to travel to Pakistan terming it as one of the safest countries in the world.

‘Pakistan is one of the safest places right now in the world. They say you will get presidential security so you are in good hands. I mean we are in good hands too in Bangladesh, right?’ Gayle told reporters in Mirpur.

According to Future Tour Programme of the International Cricket Council, Bangladesh are scheduled to tour Pakistan later this month to play three Twenty20 internationals followed by two Tests.

Although the BCB said it has agreed for only a short visit, the PCB was adamant to their decision of hosting both the series until they came up with a new proposal to host Bangladesh for two Tests only on Wednesday.

In his first interaction with the press after joining Chattogram Challengers this week, Gayle also revealed his support for five-day Test and his plan for the future.

‘It [five-day Test] has set the trend and it’s been there for ages so why go and mess with that. If they give other players a chance to experience that because it can be a life changing experience to play five-day cricket. It is a mental state so that you can cope in life as well,’ he said.

Gayle, who began his campaign in BPL7 by making 23 off 10 balls against Dhaka Platoon on Tuesday, said he still enjoys playing in the tournament.

‘It’s a place you want to come and play. Especially after the support you get from the fans, they give you extra drive to do well.

‘They want entertainment in the middle. Sometime it gives you an added boost as a player and being the player I am that’s my game as well.

‘It has been fantastic over the years playing in Bangladesh and I really enjoyed it. I am just a little bit late this time around but as I said I am looking forward to back as well.

‘So it’s not like I am finished with you guys and I have a lot more to go and have a lot more to offer,’ he added.

Gayle was also hopeful to represent West Indies in the ICC T20 World Cup in Australia later this year and said that he wanted to continue playing cricket for more five years.

‘It would be nice. Like I said the door is open for a chance. Let’s see what happen. We have some bright youngsters ahead as well. I have left the option open to hear back from them as well and see if they want the universe boss, whichever way I am going to go,’ he said.

‘I would love to carry on as long as possible in T20 and franchise cricket as well. I still play a few games here and there around the world because I still think I have a lot to offer.

‘The body is feeling good and I am sure I am getting younger as the days go so I am looking forward to it,’ he said.

https://www.newagebd.net/article/96108/gayle-tells-tigers-to-tour-pakistan

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

1. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
      I hope a team picks him in PSL.

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Gayle is making waves right before PSL.

Nevertheless, appreciate the support.

3. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
      I bet the Bangladesh reporter was disappointed in that answer.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      It is beyond me why BD players are doing this unnecessary "tamasha".

This "security" lame excuse is out of the window after SL Test series.

5. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
      Yep, I have the same feeling.
      The reporter thought he will make Gayle say something that will justify Bangla's made up concerns of not visiting Pakistan,

6. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
      Peechay sey India ka danda hai.
      With the current unrest in India where fires are burning all over the country, Bangladeshi Muslim Immigrants are facing the biggest threat to be locked up into concentration camps worse than the ones made by Hitler.

Indian govt is making Bangla govt do anything it wants at the moment.

7. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
      Love to see him in PSL, even he scores 0 in all matches.

8. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
      Bangladeshi Muslim Illegal Immigrants.

9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
      There are many Indian Hinduz in England, Arab Countries, Australia etc that are “Illegal immigrants”.
      Have a little inner pride and get them home first.

And by the way, under the CAA law, if you are a Bangladeshi immigrant living in India illegally BUT if you are a Hindu, then you don’t have to worry. You will not face deportation or detention centers. You will be simply granted citizenship.

I am sure your an Andh Bhakti supporter of this fascist Modi, who has done what Pakistan’s ISI couldn’t do in years. And that’s putting India on the path of fascism which only leads to destruction. :)

India remains THE ONLY COUNTRY in the world ruled by religious fanatics who are the political party in power.
      Religious fanatics are not the ruling party in power even in countries like Pakistan.

Enjoy the path to destruction. We will happily watch.

10. Bublu Bhuyan

Bublu Bhuyan Banned

Feb 15, 2010
      Spare me the lecture. And no, we don't care about illegal Indian immigrants in other countries. They have chosen their own fate. Lock them up for life.

11. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
      Ai Quaid e Azam tera ahsaan hai ahsaan.

12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
      Guys please stick to the topic. Posts with irregular discussion with be removed without notice.

Regards.

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
      Exactly!
      Shameless and pride-less as it gets.
      Your mentality did not surprise me.