Pakistan need to recall Mohd Amir and Wahab Riaz too imo..

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    Its the team that suffers due to non availability of players... Player ki marzi hai woh jis bhi format mein khelna chahye but if i have to pick top 5 fast bowlers that we currently have, I would pick Amir, Shaheen Afridi, Wahab Riaz, Hassan Ali and Faheem Ashraf... Faheem Ashraf although maybe not as much as a bowler right now but his allround game makes him a force to reckon with and he will develop his bowling too with the passage of time under the guidance of Waqar Younus...

2. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Bakwaas idea. What are you smoking?

3. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Why bakwaas idea?

4. thair9999

thair9999 Emerging Player

Oct 17, 2010
    Because:
    Both do not want to play so let it be. No need for begging, this will send the wrong message. Plus both were very mediocre lately.

5. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Test cricket nahi khelna chahta Amir.. Wahab ka kiya scene hai? I think if they are fit and available, they should be first choice in all formats... Eventhough, Hassan Ali has picked a 10 for but if Amir and Wahab are available, I would prefer them over Hassan Ali... Shaheen is my first choice though... Amir, Shaheen and Wahab are my first choice pacers and Hassan and Faheem are my backup...

6. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Did Amir not retired from all formats? Real dilemma from you, either Amir is right or Misbah!!!!! hahaha.
    Wahab is over and he should only play T20 or T10 leagues .
    Super surprised to see that you did not include Sohail Khan in your list.

7. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
  8. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Amir is gone. In tests he has no passion. So many nakhray. Not worth bringing back if he doesn't want to play. Won't work out well at all.
    He can still be good in T20s and ODIs, he's a smart bowler with great skill in limited overs. Besides LOIs is what leagues look at and gets him contacts.

Wahab should just stick to LOIs now

9. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Even though Hasan has taken 10 wickets, you still want fixer Amir & Wahab over him LOL LOL LOL LOL. Wah jee wah, genius idea (not).

Is this a joke?

10. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Not a joke, as @Shahzad.Firdous explained many times he is following PTI's footsteps, first mess things up really really bad and then fix them.

PS: I am not against PTI.

11. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    @Shahzad.Firdous has knowledge of the unseen.. us simpletons should never doubt his wisdom

12. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Waqar Younis has been been messing the side up for 10+ years now, hope he starts the fixing soon :D

I think he's forgotten the fixing part

13. SwingNSeam

SwingNSeam Boom Boom

Sep 12, 2010
    Wahab is so inconsistent man

14. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
  15. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Wahab is inconsistent but on his day, he wins you the game on his own... in short, he is a matchwinner...

16. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    We don't need a one off match winner. We need a player who will contribute most days.
    Wahab actually runs the risk of being a match loser too!

17. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    And when was that? I don't remember his bowling doing that? Also as @Bilal123 said we need consistent player, not the on may preform in 1 match but liability is 100s other.

18. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    He is not a one off matchwinner... In test cricket, he bowls well on flat pitches... On flat pitches, you need pace to upset the rhythm of batsmen.... otherwise they will keep on belting you... Although Hassan Ali and Shaheen did a great job but you need enough backup too otherwise as you can see Shaheen bowling 750 overs before the age of 20... Agar team squad mein enough backup hota to Shaheen ko 750 overs consistent karane ki zaroorat nahi parti...

19. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Wahab Riaz the match winner??
    Man of the Match - Test - 1 , ODI - 1 , World Cup - 1 , T20I - 1 , CL - 0

20. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    How many man of the matches for Saeed Ajmal??

21. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Wahab Riaz is not consistently inconsistent... Wahab is inconsistent on occasions... I think he is a very good death overs bowler and does a steady job as the first change plus you need an enforcer type bowler too so that when conditions are not favoring you, you have somebody who can take pitch out of the equation and do it in the air....

22. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Pakistan needs to recall Asad Shafiq and play him as an opener in the test squad.

Asad Shafiq is a million times better and a proper batsman than the kind of duffers we have in the opening slot right now.

Pakistan also needs to recall Shoaib Malik in the T20 WC squad - he plays pretty darn good in India. We need him for sure.

He is a million times better than Iftakhar.

23. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    When did Wahab last win a match for Pakistan....

24. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    2 in test so lets recall him as well.

You are correct he is not consistently inconsistent. Recently he is very consistently very mediocre.

25. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    When did he last play a match for Pakistan??

26. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Asad Shafiq I agree with... He should be back in test team.. He was wrongly dropped imo just cus of 1 bad series although his performance throughout the decade was above average but he was consistent... He regularly used to play a career saving innings which kept him going for 10 years... Humara masla hi yehi hai kisi ki 1 series buri ho jati hai to we drop him straightaway buri form har kisi ki lagti hai.. Agar woh good enough nahi hota to 10 saal cricket nahi khela hota imo...

27. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Shoaib Malik I dont agree with although he is my all time favourite player but reason is he was playing cricket since 2001 I guess aur agar senior players time per retire nahi honge to phir koi bhi naya player nahi asake ga... har kisi ka apna time hota hai.. Shoaib Malik had a great time with the team but naye aane walon ko bhi chance dena chahye imo...

28. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Agar T20 World Cup is saal hai tab tak khelne ki baat hai to Shoaib Malik aur Hafeez ko lena chahye but us ke baad they should move forward and select Iftikhar and Qasim Anwar...

29. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Looks like Misbah is building a completely new team for T20 World Cup.. so lets move forward..

30. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Moderator

Dec 26, 2011
    Then why did you say he is a match winner..,

31. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    Very good suggestions. Pakistan needs to use common sense and play batsmen according to their strengths or demands of situation

32. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    The BIGGEST mistake we made was that we made Azhar Ali the captain for the very first time.

Azhar Ali NEVER had it in him what requires to be a captain.

At the point Asad Shafiq was THE PERFECT prospect to be named for captaincy. He would've easily given you 10 years of a secured and sensible captaincy guarantee.

Lekin chookay hamaray haan aik nalaiq, nikammay aur jaahilon ka tola, board ko chala raha hai, iss liye shikwa karna fazool hai.

Asad is still a very very good batsman than many that we have in our Test Squad.

33. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Khud he socho ... who would you take in your team when the games are in India?

Aftikhar or Shoaib Malik?

I think Both Malik and Hafeez will retire without making much of a fuss if they are made to play this year's T20 WC in India. They both want it and should be given a good farewell. They are not a burden on the T20 team at this point.

34. thair9999

Oct 17, 2010
    Classic flip flop shot. I haven't seen this quick change of thought. It was less then a minuet, world record may be? Can someone please check Guinness World Records.

35. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Problem with Asad Shafiq was that after Younus and Misbah's retirements, he was struggling to maintain his own place in the team and as you can see he lost his place after England tour... You would make somebody captain who is assured of his place in the playing 11 first and foremost...

36. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Agar PCB ne aur Management ne soch liya hai we are moving forward to they should move forward and not select Amir and Wahab but agar aap move forward karo to atleast is team ko 2 saal ka time do to show performance... Amir aur Wahab ko bhi agar wapis laayeinge to unko bhi proper chance dena parega cus it takes some time to get back into team and get into old rhythm straightaway...