Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st ODI | Dubai | Oct 13, 2017 | Pre-Match Thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Omar, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Let's try and look forward to the ODI series which consists of 5 ODI's starting from Friday.

I would like to go with this team for the 1st match at least even though it won't happen.

Fakhar Zaman
    Sarfraz Ahmed (Capt and WK)
    Babar Azam
    Haris Sohail
    Shoaib Malik
    Mohammad Hafeez
    Imad Wasim
    Hasan Ali
    Shadab Khan
    Rumman Raees
    Junaid Khan

I would have Sarfraz open as he is not a hitter and coming lower down the order is a waste as he is more of a player who looks for gaps and runs 1's and 2's mostly which can be a good partner for Fakhar who looks for big shots and SA can just look to go at a run a ball innings while giving Fakhar most of the strike till he is out there.

What do you guys say?

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Cricistani

Jul 17, 2017

Feel you need to bat first and make 300.

Bring in Shezzy and that's it.

3. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Bring him in for who?

Plus Sarfraz at 7 is not the way forward as he is not a hitter as explained in the OP.

The sooner everyone realises the better.

4. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cricistani

May 29, 2010
    1. Ahmed Shahzad
    2. Fakhar Zaman
    3. Hafeez
    4. Harris Sohail
    5. Shoaib Malik
    6. Sarfraz
    7. Babar Azam
    8. Shadab Khan
    9. Hassan Ali
    10. Rumman Raees
    11. Junaid Khan

5. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    For Azhar,No way Sarfraz should be at 7,I would put him at 4 and Malik at 5 and Hafeez at 6.

6. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Have a look at my 11 above as well!

7. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Haha

Really funny

Why is Babar at 7,Your post sums up why we don't produce any batsmen.

8. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Cus of his test peformance!

• Disagree / Dislike Disagree / Dislike x 1
    • List
  9. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Your having a laugh.

Sometimes I agree with you,

This is the exact reason why we don't have these top batsmen because they are not backed

Personally if this happened to me and I was a pro batter averaging 54 in ODI cricket then I won't bother play again,It's an insult to Babar to put him at 7.

And this is also how you ruin players,If anyone wants a tutorial.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Ideal ODI 11.

Salman Butt
    Shan Masood
    Babar Azam
    Imran Farhat
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Shadab Khan
    Faheem Ashraf
    Amir Yamin
    Junaid Khan
    Muhammed Irfan
    Hassan Ali

11. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Your post sums up why we dont win matches!!

12. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    I reward people on performance!! For me, the performance is the only criteria@ You must deliver if you are good enough!! There is no point being talented!! This is how it should be! Unless, our selections are on pure merits we can not progress!!

13. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Your selector arnt you.

14. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Yeh does it,What do you want me do?

15. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Mate you put Babar at 7,And we'll be the same as we were in Tuck tuck tucker Misbah times,when 212 would be a good score,

16. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Babar Azam hi eik talented player hai kiya? Why is the criteria different for Ahmed Shahzad and Babar Azam?

17. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Ahmed Shahzad also plays for Pakistan so does Babar and so does Hafeez!!

18. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    It has to be,What has shehzler done,He is a laughing stock along with Umar Akmal,Babar should have selections and the rub of the green go his way as he is a future captain and A 10,000 run scorer.What is shehzyy going to do.Bat at a SR of 72 in this day and age.

19. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Yeh so basically just say,In ten years time you won't watch cricket as we won't have a team if you prioritise a 37 year old when you have got a 22 year old that is ten times better.

20. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Dont make pre-mature decisions with respect to players!! We have already seen how many players were tipped to be next Viv Richards or Sachin Tendulkar or Brian Lara and how many fell to that trap!! Let them earn the green cap! Dont give them for free!! He earned his way to the top and he deserved it but in recent test series, his performance was not up to the mark so he should be demoted so that he does not take things for granted!! I dont believe in retributory justice but there should be performance based appraisal!!

21. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Pakistan v Sri Lanka, ODI series 2017 – Statistical Preview

Pakistan will be playing their first ODI since winning their maiden ICC Champions Trophy title as they lock horns with the Sri Lankans in the 5-match ODI series. The home side will be eager to win the limited-overs leg of the tournament after losing in the Test series against the Lankan side, their first home Test series loss in ten years. Sri Lanka, who are coming into this series after a 9-0 tour wash by India will draw a lot of confidence from the Test series victory against the home side.

Here we look at key stats and numbers ahead of the Pakistan v Sri Lanka ODI series.

– Sri Lanka’s win/loss ratio of 0.250 in ODI cricket in 2017 is their lowest in last 25 years. They have played in 21 ODI matches in 2017 losing 16 of them and winning four.

1.166Pakistan’s win/loss ratio of 1.166 in ODI format in 2017 is the highest for them since 2011. Pakistan won seven out of the 13 ODIs they played this year and lost six matches. In 2011, Pakistan had a win/loss ratio of 3.428.

6 – Number of bilateral ODI series’ Pakistan and Sri Lanka have played against each other in the UAE. Pakistan won all the six series.

25.89 – Upul Tharanga’s ODI batting average against Pakistan is his 2nd lowest against any team. (Min: 5 innings) The Sri Lankan skipper has scored 751 runs in 29 innings against Pakistan with four fifties in ODI cricket.

85 – Number of wins for Pakistan against Sri Lanka in ODI cricket. Only Australia (90) against New Zealand and India (88) against Sri Lanka have more wins in this format against an opponent.

101 – Number of ODI matches Pakistan have won in the UAE. They have won 110 ODI games in Pakistan. They are the only side to win 100+ ODIs in two different countries. Seven other teams won 100+ ODIs in their home country.

148 – Number of times Pakistan and Sri Lanka faced each other in ODI cricket. Only India and Sri Lanka played against each other (155) in more ODI matches.

1239 – Runs Mohammad Hafeez has scored against Sri Lanka in ODIs. He is the only player in the either squads to have scored over 1000 runs in the Pakistan v Sri Lanka ODIs.

2013 – The last instance when Pakistan and Sri Lanka played an ODI series in the UAE was in 2013; Pakistan won that series 3-2. They also won the last bilateral ODI series between these two teams in 2015, 3-2.

https://www.crictracker.com/pakistan-v-sri-lanka-odi-series-2017-statistical-preview/

22. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
  23. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Replace Imad Wasim with Harris Sohail!!

24. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Apart from Azhar, who is unfit so Selfie replaces him, rest of the same squad which won CT - very much expected.

However, ideally they should've made room for Harry and Fahim.

Now our two veterans, who'll be liability soon enough if they're not already, are allowed to accumulate some cheap runs, to sell it and to keep everybody quiet.

25. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Hence I went with Sarfraz as being at the top with Fakhar as he is just not a 7.

As for playing Fahim, if Hafeez or Malik either one of them don't perform then slot Fahim in for one of them.

26. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    You're forgetting and ignoring 2 golden rules of Pakistan cricket, which are:

1. You don't question seniors performance, their spot is always guarantee in playing XI, which is irrelevant to their performance - so what if a young guy possesses more skillet. In a nutshell, its called 'seniority cancer', which is incurable in PAKISTAN.
    2. Always follow rule #1.

27. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    In an ideal world, I would have Sahibzada Farhan to open with Fakhar, but it sounds too good to be true for Pakistan cricket.

28. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    As I said in the ODI squad thread, instead of Imam, I would have had Farhan in the squad.

29. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Not forgetting it but just being a little 'optimistic' :p

30. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    But of course our revolutionary CS knows better.

31. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016
    Good for you bro that you still get optimistic with Pakistan cricket. I don't, because this setup is run based on nepotism and seniority cancer.

32. Mohan

Mohan Formerly 'Captain Clutch'

Nov 4, 2014
  33. Del

Del Cricistani

Dec 21, 2016