1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Pakistan vs India Pre Semi final Discussion and Strategy thread

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by zeenix, Mar 24, 2011.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Its as big as a game can get. India vs Pakistan and the Semi final of the world cup.

By Wednesday this time around, there will be smiling ecstatic faces, beaming with happiness and pride.

There will also be lots of broken TV sets, LCD, LEDs, riots, broken hearts. While many things can be forgiven in these countries, one thing can't be tolerated, i.e loosing to your arch-rival.

One thing is for sure, life will be at a stand still in both the countries at least.

It might be a dream come true for broadcasters, but i can be nightmare for the people of these two countries.

So who are you going to bet on, winning this mother of all matches.

History supports India. Are we going to rewrite history. Or is India going to march towards the finale.

My heart says Pakistan, My mind says Pakistan, but being a Pakistani fan i know how unpredictable our team can get.

What are your thoughts

2. Mohammad Aamer

Mohammad Aamer Emerging Player

May 3, 2010
    InshAllah, InshAllah, InshAllah, Pakistan will thrash India in the semis and go on to lift the cup. IMO, Wasim Akram and Imran Khan should go and sit down with Waqar Younis, Afridi and the seniors to plan a strategy. I don't like the plans to be said out publicly on TV shows and interviews.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Unless it's a total surrender, I dont think there will be that much adverse reaction to losing in Pakistan. Over the last 5 years, we've become a bit blase about losing matches.

Indian fans on the other hand are used to winning and dominating other teams at home. If they lose then I wouldnt rule out some disturbances.

4. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Well if Kamran Akmal does a New Zealand in the semis, i can guarantee that there might be curfew imposed in Akmal's neighbourhood..

And hadn't we reached the Semis so seamlessly, we would be much more understanding.

However since our WC Campaign has been much better then our initial expectations, the bar is now much more raised. So it won't be easy to digest.

5. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    So what should be our strategy..

Go with 3 fast bowlers. Or go with 3 spinners. Beef up our batting or Strengthen our bowling.

Which players to drop, which players to play.

Or not to break the winning combination..

6. sohaib-789

sohaib-789 Emerging Player

Mar 11, 2010
    inshallah pakistan but mind says india will win.
    if pak are to win they must bowl first.
    india will win if they bowl first.

7. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I’d stick with the team which beat West Indies. Some may differ with the exclusion of Rehman, but I feel Ajmal is the more attack option in regards to taking wickets. It’s essentially a matchup between best bowling line-up against the best batting side in the world cup. It's a pressure game for both teams but the added pressure of playing at home can have a negative inpact on the Indian’s (I hope). My only concern going into the game is whether the openers can withstand the pressure and perform when it really counts....

8. Fielding Coach

Fielding Coach Youngsta Beauty

Mar 8, 2011
    Inshallah Pak will win against india. Pak will also win the final inshallah.
    Ofcourse they should play ajmal. His doosra is hard to catch. And i feel they should also include Akhter in place of Wahab.

9. Fielding Coach

Mar 8, 2011
    I am sur, india will not prepare a fast track or a turning track. They would create a flat track just good for batting. thats where they would want to dominate.

10. cricfreak

cricfreak Emerging Player

Jul 6, 2010
    ye man .. bulls eye

i feel the same ..

anyways i hope pak wins .. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD :) PAK:

11. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Considering the fact, that Indians play spin very well, shouldn't we pack add an additional fast bowler, someone like Shoaib Akhtar. He would definitely want to go on a high note and ensure that he bowls with every bit of energy that he has remaining in his old body. Plus experience of big games count a lot. Akhtar has played in India, he has also played against India in World Cups. He knows very well what the pressure is like.

My team would definitely consist of Gul, Akhtar and Riaz. We have spinners in Hafeez and Afridi and Razzaq can also bowl a few in the middle overs.

If we win the toss, we should bat first. With the pressure that is on you during chase, it would be good for our frail batting lineup to not have the pressure of chasing.

We would do good in defending, provided the Dew factor doesn't come into play

12. smacula

smacula Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2011
    I think the biggest thing pakistan have in our favour is the immense pressure india will have on themselves. Plus the dead parrot said we would win :p

13. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Well the Parrot was wrong on quite a few accounts too. As far as the pressure is concerned, undoubtedly there will be enormous pressure on the Indian team, but they have the experience to handle it. There will be huge pressure on us too, but we don't have the experience to handle it.

14. smacula

smacula Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2011
    It is a mixed one isn't it. I don't think any pundit in the world can realistically predict how that match would go.

On the upside, I am very happy with what has happened so far in the world cup and I want to extend this to the team, the message that we are happy and we are satisfied!

15. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Shoaib Akhtar if he plays, needs to be bowled in 3 over spells depending how many he goes for or even if he takes a wicket or 2 earlier then perhaps 4 max but 3 should be fine to start off with then also he can be brought back in the middle for an over or 2 to see how it goes but very sparingly he needs to be used in the game!

16. Pakistanfan

Pakistanfan Youngsta Beauty

Nov 18, 2010
    we should play ajmal.i think if we loose it will be for batsman

17. samirpatel6

samirpatel6 Guest

Have u listened Yuvraj's interview? He said I will tell you the name for whom I am playing in this world cup in FINAL. What does mean it??????? Are They in FINAL???????? They have win the match before a ball bowled. What to say? Too much overconfiedence or Some very doubtale comment?????????????????????????????????????????

18. smacula

smacula Youngsta Beauty

Mar 24, 2011
    link the interview dude! PAK:

19. Markhor

Markhor Talented

May 9, 2010
    Only one strategy.

Make sure Kamran Akmal holds on to every catch for dear life.

We have to bowl well,no short stuff (pitch it up Gul !),no needless extras.

Younis and Misbah are going to be key with the bat.

If the players are not motivated by this match,I don't know what will.All the team talk needs to be is that 'You are playing India'.That should suffice !

20. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    If Pakistan bowl line and length, like they did against windies, then I dont think India will get too far... Batsmen hunt for short wide stuff and that's where good/bad bowling sides are distinguished

21. BoomBoom786

BoomBoom786 Talented

Apr 12, 2010
    Today is exactly 19 years since Imran Khan lifted Pakistan's first and only World Cup title to date at the MCG in front of a packed electrifying stadium. In exactly 8 days time Shahid Khan Afridi and Pakistan will look to do the same by triumphing at the Wankhede Stadium. However, India is the first obstacle on their minds. Bring on Mohali. Bring on India!

22. LBW

LBW Youngsta Beauty

Jul 18, 2010
    Drop Ajmal. and pick Actor. Mohali is fast track and we have spinners in Afridi and Hafeez. we need to pack our fast bowlers

23. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    Ajmal should stay if so it'll probably have to Wahab!

24. Bilal123

Bilal123 Tracer Bullet

Dec 11, 2010
    So long as India's mantri shantri don't do their voodoo on Pak players Inshaallah Pakistan will win...

25. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    That's impossible.. Somethings you just can't do.. Though he might request security for his home and folks.

Yeah, but its funny what pressure can do to you..

26. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    He has a good record against India (Ajmal) but that's probably in T20. Not too sure, he would be effective in Mohali.

27. Fielding Coach

Mar 8, 2011
    how can u be so sure that mohali will be fast track this time around. They can prepare the pitch the way they want. And was Mohali always a fast track????

28. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    Not a fast track but a bouncier one.. Nature of the soil

29. MuhammadAliKhan

MuhammadAliKhan Youngsta Beauty

Mar 26, 2011
    Yun Pakistan se dushmani achi nahi India....... Sheela teri jawan hay, Munni teri badnam hay or Captain hamara pathan hayX_X

30. Omar

Omar Cricistan Moderator

Jan 27, 2010
    haha good one!

31. Inferno

Inferno Youngsta Beauty

Mar 19, 2010
    Bring in Akhtar, bowl him in 2/3 over burts. Would prefer to bat first and then see India choke,with Ajmal constricting India and turning Waterboy inside out

32. Sixer

Sixer Emerging Player

Aug 23, 2010
    Imran said chasing is our weakness but we did pretty well against WI. WI had an average attack but we still chased under lights and won with 10 wickets remaining which is a remarkable achievement.

If we win the toss against India I believe we should go with our strength and bowl first. It will be the best bowling attack of the World Cup v the best batting attack of the World Cup. If we bowl first and restrict them to 260 and below I think we will win as India's bowling attack isn't the best. We must however play out Zaheer Khan who is their best bowler by far. Ashwin may cause us problems as well due to his mystery ball.

We should go with this line up:

Mohammed Hafeez
    Kamran Akmal (wk)
    Asad Shafiq
    Younis Khan
    Misbah ul-Haq
    Umar Akmal
    Shahid Afridi
    Abdul Razzaq
    Umar Gul
    Saeed Ajmal
    Shoaib Akhtar.

Akhtar must play as he will rise to the occasion. Big game big player. Another Sachin vs Akhtar battle hopefully.

With this team we have a really well balanced bowling attack. We need attacking options against the best batting side in the world and our bowlers in : Akhtar, Afridi, Ajmal, Gul offer that. We also have defensive bowlers in : Hafeez & Razzaq who can keep the pressure on and run rate low which is superb.

Overall, I strongly believe we will win the match. Our team looks gelled together and united. We have played better than every team in the tournament and we deserve to win the World Cup to give a player of Shoaib Akhtar's quality the best possible send of.

I'm going to be nervous throughout the whole game as I am now but inshallah we win.

- Inshallah Pakistan win the 2011 World Cup.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

33. Fielding Coach

Mar 8, 2011
    Indian Exprewss news calimed that there are rumors that match has been fixed in favor of Pakistan. But there is an sms circulating in Pakistan that its been fixed in favor of India. And the sms was discussed on Ary.
    People have gone crazyyyyyyyyyyyyy on both sides... Then there are gatherings on the wagha border also. thousands of ppl are there on both sides with loud slogans , flags , dances...
    Its so much fun though.

34. Rizzy

Rizzy Talented

Mar 1, 2010
    Its one of the highest profile matches in sport, to a degree I believe there will be some kind of spot fixing going on. For such a high profile game it will be stupid if the illegal bookmakers keep themselves out. We'll soon find out on wednesday as to who they were favouring.

On the other hand, it could just be fans making up these stories to comfort themselves if the result doesn't go their way.

I think its a mix of both of these factors. Either way its gonna be the most exciting game of the tournament whatever the result and I'm looking forward to it. Anyway I'm sure if we win my Indian friends will be giving me an earful about match fixing, and I'll return the favour if it doesn't go our way. :D

35. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    Yes drop Wahab. In last 2 matches he has given 68 runs in 12 overs with 1 wicket.

36. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    On the contrary i believe chasing will be a massive massive pressure. True that Indians feel more comfortable chasing, as they have a very potent batting line up, but i genuinely feel that the best chance that we have (Baring the Dew probability) is to bat first, put up a decent score upfront and then go about defending it.

37. Mohammad Aamer

May 3, 2010
    How can Wahab not play? Who'll bowl in the death overs then?? Akhtar can't. Just because we haven't given the opponent team a chance to bat through the Batting PP overs in the last 2 games, doesn't mean that India will be the same.

38. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    And just because Akhtar was expensive in one match, you think he will be expensive in Every other match.

39. Mohammad Aamer

May 3, 2010
    i am only concerned at his his pacy full tosses and other freebies. Though I would love to see a fit Akhtar play...

40. zeenix

zeenix Administrator

Dec 17, 2009
    You are also forgetting how his experience can help us in this huge game. Not many players in the current side have seen pressures as this one. His and other senior players presence would relieve lots of pressure on the younger and unexperienced ones.