1. Hi Guest we're sorry for the downtime but the site should be up and working now...

Click here

Pakistan Vs South Africa

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Shahzad.Firdous, Jun 17, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Shahzad.Firdous

Shahzad.Firdous Cornered Tiger

May 29, 2010
    PM has special interest in cricket and I am sure he can find time to fix cricket as well alongwith his other responsibilities!!

2. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    Srfaraz nahin sunra khan saab ki baat

3. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Sarfraz sune ga I will defend Sarfraz here for two reasons 1. Weather 2. Asia Cup debacle (they batted first on two occasions in Asia Cup, in one game they got bowled out for 168 and got chased down within 29 overs, on 2nd occassion batted so well to get to 238 only to find Indias two openers Rohit Sharma and Dhawan chase it down within 40 overs without the loss of any wicket so Sarfraz had demons in his head and wanted to prevent the similar fate, he knew that if he would bat first their batsmen would be 50 for 3 in no time and they will be doing a repair job from then onwards but now that he has prevented this by batting 2nd and with Fakhar and Babar getting in some sort of nick against india, he will bat first if he again meets india in semi final and this time we will deliver a killer blow to india but first we have to avert those prey sucking Bengalis and others and also hope that NZ lose 3 or 4 games and worry about run rate as well!!)

4. harsha

harsha Youngsta Beauty

Nov 17, 2013
    like ur positivty

5. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Sarfraz ko sirf eik zidd chorni hogi No. 5 per batting karne ki!! Sarfraz is not good enough to bat above 7 in my opinion in this lineup. There are better batsmen than him. Harris Sohail should bat at 4 Hafeez 5 Imad Wasim can be useful at No. 6 Sarfraz 7 Shadab 8 aur jehan 4 fast bowlers kheleinge unfortunately Fahim Ashraf ko select nahi kiya eik pace allrounder short hein hum Harris 4 Hafeez 5 Sarfraz 6 Shadab 7 Wahab 8 Amir 9 Shaheen 10 Hasnain 11. India ke against agar semi final parta hai to i would suggest going in with 4 pacers and batting first, posting 300+ on the board and then leave it to your bowlers!!

Amir Hasnain 1-6
    Amir Shaheen 7-10
    Wahab Shaheen 11-16
    Wahab Hasnain 17-20
    Amir 2 Shadab 7 Hasnain 2 Shaheen 2 Wahab 2
    21-35
    Harris 3 Hafeez 2
    36-40
    Amir 2 Shadab 3 Wahab 3 Hasnain 1 Shaheen 1
    41-50

6. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    You can also drop Shadab and pick Malik in his place and use Harris Sohail, Hafeez and Malik to fill in for 12 overs to give depth to your batting:

1. Imam
    2. Fakhar
    3. Babar
    4. Harris
    5. Hafeez
    6. Malik
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Wahab
    9. Amir
    10. Shaheen
    11. Hasnain

7. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    This should be the team for all remaining matches

Fakhar Zaman
    Babar Azam
    Haris Sohail
    Sarfraz Ahmed
    Muhammad Hafeez
    Asif Ali
    Imad Wasim (only 2 more matches - Shaheen should play the last 2)
    Shadab Khan
    Wahab Riaz
    Muhammad Amir
    Muhammad Hasnain

8. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    Lol I would tbh for the right price. Missed the ballot like an idiot now the only affordable ones are the Afg ones, although they’re looking like the only team we may beat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    So this time SA will win the toss and bat first. And Sarfaraz at the end will say we wanted to bat first, that's why lost the match.

During his press conference, one journalist asked him if he was satisfied with his fitness and performance and he replies 'Alhumdullilah I am'. This shows the mentality of this person, much like the rest of the team.

We should be called Invincible Mediocrity.

10. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    1 win in 15 is worse than minnow level. Not even mediocrity and in that run it includes various opponents, Throughout this World Cup at times I've said to myself; Have I really reached that stage as a Pakistan cricket fan that I'm actually sitting here thinking that we are actually so lucky to be participating in this World Cup let alone trying too win it.

In the last decade in the 50 over format we've gone through some torrid times but it was never this bad. Even when we had the definition of mediocrity in Bilawal Bhatti, Anwar Ali, Sohail Tanvir, Faheem Ashraf, Rahat Ali, Mohammad Irfan, Nasir Jamshed, Sohaib Maqsood, Younis Khan and Asad Shafiq (In ODI's) we would never go 13, 14, 15 games without a win. I'm not saying I'd prefer to have any of them back because they aren't good enough to play for the country in that format, But it just goes to show the commitment of the current crop and how hard they are willing to put the effort in, None by the looks of it.

It's not even heartbreaking or saddening anymore. It is what it is with Pakistan cricket these days.

11. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
  12. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    This is the right 11 but will team management take the desperate measure that is required and drop Imamul haq or will they continue to sacrifice Pakistan team for Imam!!

13. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne Smooth Operator

May 22, 2012
    I’m gonna start a chant for us on Sunday.

We’re sh** and we know we areeeeee, we’re sh** and we know we areeee.

14. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    1. Imam
    2. Fakhar
    3. Babar
    4. Harris Sohail
    5. Hafeez
    6. Asif Ali
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Shadab
    9. Wahab
    10. Amir
    11. Hasnain
    11 that is likely to play against Saffers!!

15. CricVet

CricVet Youngsta Beauty

Dec 24, 2013
    Best possible for time being. I have pretty much given up in any scenario though.

I would shuffle the order a tad bit more. Sarfraz needs to open. What does he do in the lower order anyway? Keep Babar as 3.

16. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Go with extra batsman against South Africa as you need to post runs on the board same way you did to England!!

17. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    This would be my lineup

1. Imam
    2. Fakhar
    3. Babar
    4. Harris
    5. Hafeez
    6. Asif
    7. Sarfraz
    8. Shadab
    9. Wahab
    10. Amir
    11. Hasnain

18. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    I think they will go with extra spinner against SA. Imad will most likely play instead of Asif

19. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    Better go with extra batsman, post good runs on the board and then you have enough options with the ball. For spin, Shadab is there and part timers Hafeez, Harris Sohail and Fakhar Zaman are good enough to choke South Africa with score board pressure!!

20. iho

iho Smooth Operator

Aug 7, 2010
    That’s based on the assumption that we will win the toss and bat first. No guarantees so we need to select based on our strengths and opponents weakness

21. Shahzad.Firdous

May 29, 2010
    We need to take some risk if we have to win. Even if we bowl first and play Imad, then same will happen that happened against india. Safrica will post a decent total and then choke us. So better go with extra batsman, so in case even if we bowl first with that extra batsman we are able to chase the target we are set and post a total we can defend and in a run chase situation, same thing can happen that happened with England against us and slanka!!