Pakistani Captains Performance watch in PSL

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Feb 15, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I wanted to start this thread because we all criticise Sarfu a lot for his captaincy and style of captaincy. In this PSL, apart from Sammy, all other 5 skippers are Pakistani.

In an ideal world, I would like to see young players leading their teams rather then Malik, Hafeez and Sami, but it is what it is atm.

That said, lets use this thread to keep an eye on all skippers, their mode of operation, their decisions (good or bad) and success level in this PSL.

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I really liked AB's captaincy today. He went for kill after brief rain break and totally choked KK's run chase.

His fast bowlers also bowled their heart out, it was very obvious from their body language that they're only playing for win.

3. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Malik is wayyy too aggressive, we saw this in the SA series too. Too much of anything isn't good.

Hafeez was much better today than in the previous game, although I'm not sure why he opened with Yasir and then didn't bowl him again despite decent performances.

Sami was rotating his bowlers very well from what I saw, short but effective spells.

Imad was good I think, looks lively, attacks when needed, defends when needed.

I didn't watch the Quetta v PZ game so I can't comment on Sarfraz.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Its Malik vs. Sarfu (who's side has been unbeaten so far) today in Sharjah. Should be another interesting contest of PSL4.

5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Sarfu has played 3 and won 3, his formula to bat 2nd seems to be working again.

6. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Sarfraz really has not been challenged yet. His challenge will come when they will have to defend a total with that bowling.

7. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Shoaib Malik is batting well here but his captaincy leaves a lot to be desired. Why play Shakeel Ansar who last played a domestic T20 in 2015. I know he was one of Malik's main players during the Sialkot Stallion days but the man is 40 years old now. Malik has disappointed.

8. sabeeh

sabeeh Youngsta Beauty

Feb 23, 2015
    He is a PATHETIC captain. To me, he doesnt want to bowl under pressure. There was no need to give Munro an over at that time when rest of the bowlers were bowling fine. You dont want to give a bowler like munro to bowl against a batsman who is well set and can hit with ease against miltary medium bowlers.

Imad should have bowled that over.

What i feel, he does not want to bowl when team is under pressure and there is a batsman who he think can hit him. He doesnt have that much confidence in his abilities.
    Last match against peshwar he didnt bowl in PP against Kamran, same thinkg happened against when Karachi played Islambad in their first game, he didnt start bowling against Ronchi.
    Today he did and he contained Ronchi, he doesnt believe in his abilities.

9. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    Don't forget now giving Umer Khan an over the other day, which was puzzling.

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Seems like Imad has been really bad, and Shadab is doing much better.

11. Munna

Munna Kaptaan

Oct 4, 2014
    You bring Iftikhar Ahmed in the team, do not send him higher up the order but do not even give him an over when he's quite a regular bowler in domestic. Instead you offer Munro as your sacrificial lamb to Asif Ali lol

12. saad_abbasi

saad_abbasi Youngsta Beauty

Jan 31, 2019
    PCB needs to focus on player personality development.grooming players skills is not enough PCB needs to build players by targeting both things this can be good for the future of Pakistani cricket.