Pakistani players sledging their fellow countrymen in the PSL - Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by KingOfDoosra, Feb 21, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    I find it very poor watching Pakistani players sledging their own team mates from the national team in the PSL. We saw Shinwari sledging Fakhar previously. Hasan was throwing the dust off his shoulders after dismissing Imad today. A couple of seasons back there was this big fight between Shahzad and Wahab.

What do you guys think of it? Is it just the heat of the moment or do the players need to calm down a bit when it comes to their Pakistani team mates?

2. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    I think it’s brilliant. You’re playing for your club, if your international team mate is in the opposite side it shouldn’t reduce your intensity, in fact it should increase the rivalry/desire to get one over my international team mate.

It makes it more competitive.

3. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    There's nothing wrong with it. This is nothing, if you ever watch proper domestic matches they really have a go at each other all the time.

In fact, I'd argue they probably sledge each other more whilst playing in the same team for Pakistan than they do playing in opposite teams in the PSL. Oathgate, footballgate, and so on.

4. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    "Hasan was throwing the dust off his shoulders after dismissing Imad today"

Okay and ?

5. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    A part of me thinks a few players in that team don't like eachother and I can see Imad being quite easily disliked

6. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    It's ok. No need to develop snowflakes.

7. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    I've seen fellow countrymen in the NFL, MLB, NBA, etc come to blows. Have to separate leagues from internationals.

8. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Dafuk. They're playing against each other. Do you not sledge your friends when you play sports with them? They're playing for a different team and it's fair game.

9. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Banned

Apr 16, 2010
    One of the things that could land these numb nuts into trouble is, if they develop the habit of looking at the batsman and display stupid celebration after getting him out. This is against the ICC code of conduct in the international arena.

Rashid Khan was penalized just for raising his finger and making an "out" sign while looking at the batsman after taking the wicket. He didn't display any animation or emotions.

And here, these dimwits are making cut throat signs looking straight into the eyes of the batsman after getting his wicket - and that too, after the batsman has hit the bowler all over the park like an astray dog. What an entertaining comedy.

10. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Hate it.

Wouldn't mind one bit if they did it at intl level but even when they do sledge they don't who to sledge how to sledge and when to sledge and no they are not villagers before pak fans come up with the usual bs 'oh they are uneducated villagers' lol.

11. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  12. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    ^^^ What Rauf did was totally unnecessary ...

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Yeah I think I heard one picked up by the stumps mic as Shoiab Malik was batting.
    Some wicket keeper was telling his guys something along the lines, "Shoaib Bhai ki leyni hai !!!"

I mean, on one hand you call him "Bhai" and then you turn around say, "Ab iski leyni hai" in the same sentence - lol hahaha,, this is comedy !!

14. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    No. That’s not that bad. He’s just saying we need his wicket that’s all.

15. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    He meant Shoaib bhai ki wicket leni hai.

16. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Yeah, we all know, it's a double edge sword. It could be taken either way.

But seriously, these cartoons look funny with their wicket taking celebration.

Just look at Rauf guy doing to Christian as posted by Del - this is a straight ban for a few games in the international arena.

These guys should learn how to be a bit more smarter and graceful, IMO.

17. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Rauf does look kinda stupid IMO. The Malik thing is a non-issue. It's a sign of respect lol

People on this forum sometimes

18. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    I dont like the over the top celebrations but its a part of modern cricket now.

I dont think the sledging of international team mates is a bad thing though. Its just a bit of fun.

19. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    No issue with it as long as they don't turn into pussies when it comes to international games (where it actually matters).

Also that Rauf thing was very stupid from him. Looks like a complete idiot.

20. Mohsin

Mohsin Sultan of Swing

Feb 21, 2010
    Rauf sledging his own team mates/captain whist playing for Pakistan too! Wah re beghairata

21. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Need to have a little class and caliber.

But these chouthi jamaat fail painduz wouldn’t know this concept.

22. Major

Major Cornered Tiger

Apr 28, 2010
    You cant have a go at your captain. Hopefully Rauf gets removed from the team over this