Pakistan's 1st change bowling dilemma VS Aus

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by the_game, Dec 23, 2009.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. the_game

the_game Youngsta Beauty

Dec 23, 2009
    Just read the unconfirmed news that Gul is out for the series. Dear God don't tell me that Sami will be the third seamer? I would rather play 2 spinners in Ajmal and Kaneria along with Asif and Aamer. Rauf seems to be in the Shahid Nazir mode; never gives me any confidence that he will take a wicket when he bowls.

Missing Gul won't be too big a blow; it is the potential replacement (i.e. Sami) that is scaring the crap out of me.

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    Rauf needs to be red shirted.
    Amir should not have played the side match. He needs to go on an extended rest. He is growing right now. His muscles need to develop. Proper rest is the key.
    Both the spin twins should play
    Asif should play which means Gul sits this one out

3. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    Im not comfortable with playing 2 spinners without an alrounder, therefore the importance of Younis Khan is even greater with the bat and ball. He will surely be missed.

4. Big Daddy

Dec 21, 2009
    Dont you have to be able to bat and score runs and then bowl an take a few wickets to be considered an allrounder?

5. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    I know he isn't a genuine allrounder but his bowling is an asset, just have look back at the Sri Lanken tour to see how effective he was with the bowl.

6. Big Daddy

Dec 21, 2009
    Effective? did he ever bowl a 10 over spell in any match? Go easy with the allrounder tag already.

7. Nadeem

Nadeem Emerging Player

Dec 22, 2009
    It's not about the amount of overs he bowled, its the wickets he was able to take which made him an effective part time bowler during the Sri Lankan series. Reminded me of Collingwood for England.

• Legacy Likes Legacy Likes x 2
    • List
  8. Big Daddy

Dec 21, 2009
    I will give you part time bowler. That too in a one off series. However part time bowlers are not allrounders. All rounders are a breed apart.