Pakistan's fielding is a ‘real worry’: Mickey Arthur

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 21, 2019.

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    "Our fielding has been very disappointing," he said at the post-match presentation. "That's been the massive difference between the two sides. If you look at the games in Southampton and Nottingham, going into the last five overs, it was anybody's game. We competed really well.

"The one difference has been our fielding, and that's a real worry for me because we are putting a hell of a lot of effort into it. And there's not a massive amount of reward for us there at the moment. We'll just keep knocking away at it to make sure we get it up to speed."

Arthur was pleased about the manner in which Pakistan competed against the world No.1 side. Arthur especially praised the batting: in four completed games, Pakistan racked up totals of 361, 358, 340 and 297. They also had three different centurions in the four games, while skipper Sarfaraz Ahmed scored a rapid 97 in the fifth game, although it didn't prove enough to get them over the line.

"People, coming to England, said we were a 280 team. We've dispelled that and that's given our batting unit a massive amount of confidence. I'm taking a fair amount of positives in that department," Arthur said.

"We've got a couple of days now to regroup, two warm-up games, and then we'll go. I'm very, very confident with the players we've got. We need to sharpen up on a couple of disciplines, but we'll certainly get there. We'll be good."

https://www.thenews.com.pk/latest/4...key-arthur-pakistans-fielding-is-a-real-worry

2. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    No question about it, I reckon the question is, when you realize its an issue than what are you doing along with fielding coach to address it?

3. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    GET RIXON BACK JESUS

4. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Its pretty simple, you put in the work, you get the results. These guys obviously dropped the ball on it after so much hard work was put in to get the fielding up to international standard.

5. godzilla

godzilla Talented

May 12, 2016
    very very comfortable with the players he's got, or the ones hes about to get, or the ones he will get after he changes his mind again?

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    If Rixon can help these jobbers and make them field better, than I am sorry, your current field coach is garbage.

7. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    So what are you doing about it? Tell us about that please.

8. mohsin88ali

mohsin88ali Talented

Nov 8, 2017
    Congrats Mr. Arthur, you have FINALLY caught up with the reality of Pakistan cricket......

Sent from my QMobile i6i using Tapatalk