Pakistan's new fast bowling sensation (who bowls at 150 KPH) : Harris Rauf

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, Oct 14, 2017.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Okay thanks for clarification.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

2. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Sahibzada Farhan from Islamabad squad? :p

3. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    There will always be one sahibzada.. rest are all imitations.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I think I know the youngsta beauty you're talking about. I was very impressed with his performance in the last game. Great bowling, lively fielding and it looks like he can hit a few boundaries when needed.

He looks about 16, does anyone know if he's played for Pakistan u19 yet?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
  5. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Imagine still supporting Afridi lool

6. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Afridi is a road man, coolest cricketer ever.

7. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    He's a good left armer. Can bowl 140+ good yorkers, excellent bowling brain.

8. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    Imagine still in depression because of Afridi.

Get well soon.

9. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    Loool

10. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Aaqib discovered him and he has been working with him since past 2/3 years.

11. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    Facts tend to get in the way of stuff.

12. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    Rookie Haris just loves to bowl fast

DUBAI: The emergence of Lahore Qalandars’ Haris Rauf is a fairytale in itself as he rose from an unknown lad to a newest sensation in the HBL Pakistan Super League.

The 25-year-old loves to bowl fast, but had never bowled with a red or white leather ball before he was picked up from nowhere in the trials in Gujranwala in 2017.

“He came for the trials in Gujranwala in September 2017 and when he delivered the first ball, the speed gun showed 92.3mph. We could not believe, so we asked him to bowl again and it was of the same speed,” recalls Lahore Qalandars’ team manager Rana Sameen.

“We engaged him for the Australia tour in the development squad and invited Kyle Mills [England fast bowler] and Grant Elliott [New Zealand all-rounder] as coaches. When we asked Kyle about how good Haris was, he replied that he couldn’t stop his laughter when he asked Haris about the difference between a tennis ball and a hard bowl, Haris reply was that ‘hard balls are heavier!”

Haris impressed with his bowling in a multi-national Twenty20 tournament in Abu Dhabi last year when he bowled Lahore to the title by defending 19 in the last over in the final against South Africa’s Titans.

On Saturday, Haris announced his arrival in the derby PSL game against Karachi Kings with figures of 4-23 in four overs. In tandem with Shaheen Shah Afridi — who took 2-20 — Haris destroyed Karachi to help Lahore defend a modest 139-run target.

“It’s a reward for hard work I put in, the coaching staff headed by Aaqib Javed and the owners of Lahore team had done,” said Haris. “I love to bowl fast. In fact my goal is to bowl the fastest delivery in the PSL and, God willing, if I do well play the World Cup for Pakistan.”

Hailing from Rawalpindi, Haris worked part-time in a shop as a salesman. He would earn just 250 rupees a day and some more bucks from playing tape ball cricket for various clubs. He was a man-in-demand for club cricket.

“I had never thought that I would play for Lahore one day and all credit goes to Lahore Qalandars for tapping my talent,” said Haris.

When Haris started playing in streets the sternest of opposition came from home. His father, a government servant, would throw away his trophies, asking him to concentrate on studies.

“My family was always against me playing cricket. Some of the trophies I won were thrown away as my parents wanted me to become an engineer or a doctor, but I used to run away and play cricket. Finally I have achieved my initial goals,” he recalled.

Aaqib, who played 22 Tests and 163 ODIs for Pakistan, believes Haris can go places.

“Haris has the talent to go places,” said Aaqib. “I am very confident that he can break Shoaib Akhtar’s record of fastest bowling. He has the potential and the ability to become one of the fastest bowlers in the world.”

The new Rawalpindi express has reached PSL stations and promises to travel to international destinations soon.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1464525/rookie-haris-just-loves-to-bowl-fast

13. chandtara

chandtara Mr Cricistan

Jun 18, 2011
    They are already dubbing him 'The New Rawalpindi Express'

14. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Whispering Death

May 22, 2012
    Guys how long is the "Shahid Afridi is only 16" meme going to continue?

15. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Quite a few people on social media and other forums have said that Ruf's action is "dodgy". But no coaches or commentators from the PSL have pointed out anything wrong with his action. Any bowling experts here wanna take a crack at his action? Why do some people see it as "dodgy"?

16. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Everyone has become an expert, how can you really tell accurately? think he's fine.

17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Nothing is wrong with him, its just that people dont know what they're talking about.

Refer to @axl100mph posts in the following thread, specially #36. Nobody understand fast bowling better than @axl100mph does.

https://cricistan.com/threads/pakistani-bowling-seriously-lacks-penetration.48606/

18. Disco Lemonade

Disco Lemonade Design Artist

Dec 17, 2009
    Ok i saw couple of balls of PSL and i loved the yorker.

The build look fine. we really really need a 150K bowler please!!

19. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    Please get him away from aqib javed? please why didnt waqar get him!>?

20. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    lol, this is we all are praying bro.

21. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    He looks good as it is. action is fine i am not an expert. bowls good yorkers. pace is there. pick him for Pakistan please!

22. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I already mentioned his action in this thread before...

I'm not sure I would go as far as dodgy but there seems to be some element of hyper-extension there. Like there was with Akhtar and RP Singh and some others. The action is not smooth like a Sami or a Razzaq, the elbow seems to bend a little before the ball releases but it could be an optical illusion as in the case of Akhtar who had elbows which bend both ways.

Maybe the speculation is why they didn't play him today and called it an injury. I'm predicting he will probably be tested if he plays international.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  23. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    Lahore were off today. He's played all 3 matches and I could find any injury report on him.

24. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I couldn't remember which team he played for then today Malik said they lost because their bowler was injured. So I put 2 and 2 together to make 22.

25. Disco Lemonade

Dec 17, 2009
    He plays for Lahore. If lahore cant win with abd and him on board they should fire the management.

26. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    The Guardian wrote an article about him, lol.

I think English media and ECB need to start supporting PSL simply because a lot of English talent is playing In PSL.

27. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    English cricketing journalists love Pakistani talent.

If there is ever an English Premier league i think a lot of Pakistanis will be involved.

28. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Impressed with him. Serious natural pace and love his pumped up aggressive attitude. Good potential.

Just needs to tone down the celebrations a bit which I’m sure he will.

29. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    He bowled two deliveries at 148k and one at 147k today. He's likely to cross 150k at some point during this PSL.

30. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List