Pakistan's young upcoming players, Top domestic performers, including U19.

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 31, 2018.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 5)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I haven't seen this kid before and wondering if anybody has watch him bowling?

In the following video he looks sharp and has a nasty bouncer.

2. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Yes he was discussed on this forum a few months ago.

Apparently he is 15 but I think he is about 17-18.

3. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    @axl100mph would like to know your technical opinion on this kid.

4. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Lets update this thread for any young and good future prospect (for any format) and also their progress at various stages before they come in National side.

Yes when we look at National side we dont find many star players, but I have high hope from the following players that they should come good when given chance.

Saud Shakeel
    Zeeshan Malik
    Imran Rafiq
    Kamran Ghulam
    Saif Badar
    Rohail Nazir
    Arshad Iqbal

Eagerly waiting for these to play for Pakistan.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  5. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Some solid performance by
    Zeeshan Malik 149,
    Saud Shakeel 104,
    Imran Rafiq 85,
    Zafar Gohar - 5 Fer
    Taj Wali - 6 wickets for Peshawar Region.

6. ElRaja

ElRaja Talented

Jan 12, 2013
    the only one who deserves a test call up at the moment is saud, criminal that he didn't play the a game against aus.

7. MR__KHAN__JI

MR__KHAN__JI Talented

Sep 5, 2010
    Apparently took six wickets on first class debut...

A bit of imran khan in his action...

Sent from my SM-N915A using Tapatalk

8. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Looks sharp but very injury prone action. Putting too much pressure on his back and head goes back too much as he gets into delivery stride. Looks very raw and needs a lot of work.

His action is not at all like Imran Khan.

9. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Jeff Thompson incarnate!

10. Prince Pathan

Prince Pathan Sultan of Swing

Aug 31, 2011
    From Khyber, guy wont rate him if his life depended on it :p

11. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Nabi Gul is better than all of these pretenders, first took notice of him when he got some runs against English county side playing T20 in Dubai against Peshawar Zalmi emerging team or something like that then he made runs in the Pak cup for KP, now he has back to back hundreds for Peshawar in FC.

Haven’t seen him bat but he seems talented.

Rohail strikes me as Immature and not ready yet, Saif for ODIs in a couple of years and Zeeshan, Saud is very good but who does he replace, Babar is who he replaces but I’m not convinced he’s better than Babar.

As far as bowlers are concerned you can’t hype trundlers up because you just don’t know, Of what little I have seen of Nasim Shah and Haris Rauf, I think they have potential to become express pacers, trundlers are doing run of the mill duty so I really cannot tell who is genuine and who is a pretender, spinner I really liked Usama Mir but he hardly performs, Kashif Bhatti is another good bowler, Gohar is someone who imo does not deserve to be in the team ahead of Bhatti.

12. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Kapil Dev hehe

13. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  14. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Another hundred -118 today against Multan. 3 in 4 innings, 2 of them were daddy hundred & scored more than 50% of innings total, both in winning effort. Its unbelievable that he's not with A team.

15. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    And earlier.

16. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  17. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Fast-bowler Arshad Iqbal takes five wickets on Quaid-e-Azam Trophy debut

18. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
  19. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    Looks classy. Lovely straight drives.

20. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I know, also Zeeshan is very good, check 2nd video I shared. He was playing Irfan (tall one) with so much eaze.

21. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    These are the modern day players we need, in my book the definition of a modern day player is a guy who without much risk or playing like a hack can bat at a SR of 100, without too many sixes and all and if he hits sixes they can’t be hack shots, Saif Babar and Zeeshan perhaps too raw but for the future they are exactly what we need, don’t ever bring them in Tests or even T20s, good one day batsman, WC 2023 is a target replacing Imam and Shoaib Malik.

Even Umair Masood was good, infact that bunch was really talented, this bunch apart from Ammad Alam are ordinary.

Also keep an eye on young Peshawar batsman Nabi Gul, looks like a player.

22. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Can you share some videos on him?

And yes, these kids play different cricket, different from what we have seen from 2010. And yes, a batman need to be good in strike rotation and find gaps. Thats the only way to maintain 100+ SR, because say even if you consume 7-8% dots, but if you keep on taking singles and double which ratio of 92% and you hit 4's and 6's, you will easily cross 110/120 SR and this is what Kholi does.

For first 15/18 balls he's gauges the bowlers and pitch and one his eye is set then along with 1"s and 2"s he starts hitting boundaries. By the time he reaches 60/70 he starts seen ball like a football and then he goes in his 5th gear - acceleration via big shots. His conversation rate is amazing. Thats why any young batsman should take him as model to develop his game.

23. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Ali Zaryab Asif 100 against Islamant region

24. Rhythm

Rhythm Cornered Tiger

Nov 27, 2014
    He's from Lower Dir, I believe, not Peshawar.

25. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    A new young kid has come to fore.

Mohammad-Hasnain

26. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Imran Rafiq a young batsman from Dera Ghazi Khan has been among the top performers.

upload_2018-10-30_16-10-37.png

27. Saisent

Saisent Youngsta Beauty

Oct 2, 2018
    I have to say that I respect all players equally

28. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Hmm... not sure if I understand what you mean? Care to elaborate?

29. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    Not yet, keep playing slow and as he gains experience and muscle he will start hitting, his solid batting cannot be compromised, hear a lot about Saud Shakeel and Saad Ali but where is performance?

Pakistan batting is very poor, very poor indeed, maybe club level Indian batsman are better than most F.C. and PSL players.

30. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    If you dont rate Saud and Saad, then you have no idea how batting works.

31. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I do rate them but why are they not performing, silly of them not to, very bright lads from Karachi who are very lucky that they are getting this chance, if you don’t perform you won’t get selected people will only call you a minnow basher and they won’t be wrong because you are proving it to them, on these pitches just perform.

It’s very hard for young players in Pakistan even if you are talented nepotism works and seniority culture.

32. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016

Are you madd? what are you talking about? Who is not performing?

Saud won game for Pakistan A few days ago against NZ A.

33. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    First calm down.

That 60 odd not out just proves he’s talented, he played in the other two matches and made a duck and a single digit score and now he only made 12 in first FC Pak A game, Usman Salahuddin has now failed in three FC innings for Pak A and Saad Ali has two ducks and a 36, Rizwan on the other hand has twin match wining centuries, Shan Masood has a hundred and Abid Ali is also performing.

34. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Billy understand one thing.

Stats is not everything in cricket, otherwise, players like Shan and Ahmed Shehzad wouldnt ever fail at Intl cricket. Don't get fool by their soft runs in domestic. Saad, Usman and Saud performing consistently in domestic. Check details shared in a thread recently started on domestic. Saud's FC ave is 43, Usman's 46 and Saad also had 46.

Saud should have made runs at least in another game but it didnt. Which could happen with any player, but it doesnt mean you drop those players who have been consistently performing in domestic.

As for Saad, he only played 2 games and made runs in both.

BTW: Zeeshan and Rohail shouldve been part of the squad played against NZ-A, because both have been performing well and both are good opening batters.

Speaking of Usman, he is a Test player and only got failed in this 1st inning. If you're going to cherry pick only the failures and ignore when players make runs, then you will never find a single perfect player which you can induct in your national team. And this is the purpose of 'A' tour, to develop players for your national team.

I am glad that Abid is doing good. However, Shan is giving false hopes again and will fail on ENG, AUS, NZ and SA (even in India) if you take him tomorrow to play Test, keeping the fact in mind that his form is 'red hot' atm.

35. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    I don’t look at stats, I used to but now not so much, I generally look at how a player plays before judging them and also which opponent and situation in which a player performs, today I have to say well done to Hassan Mirchi because he bowled well and he also upped his pace, everyone can improve, Ahmed Shehzad as a batsman if you watch him play he has no limitations apart from maybe Strike rotation but that is one seasons work and it can be eradicated, Joe was struggling against Kuldeep, that doesn’t make him a bad player, went back practiced hard and because he had the skill he scored back to back centuries, just because you are good it doesn’t mean no one will challenge you same goes for Ahmed and Umar, potentially really good things to work with but never ever worked on weakness but some players when they work on weakness it’s eradicated because they have the skill and I’m a believer that Umar and Shehzad are among them players but they never touched upon problems instead they worried about other things, Potentially they had it now please don’t mess up Babar somehow, he isn’t that type of player so he should be good.

36. Mohammed Bilal

Jul 17, 2017
    For Pakistan fans now making zeros is also counted as making runs, yaar Saad made two 0s and one 36 against Australia and against NZ A in ongoing match, even Younis Khan said he was brought to early in Pak team, why would Younis say this after he was his team mate in UBL? Just to add he also failed in tour match against Leicestershire, all these failures are not coincidence.

Saud failed to perform against Department powerhouse team as well so what does that say, Usman is decent but he’s doing no favours to himself by not performing, of course I would persist with these guys in A team but the A team Management is quite rotten so before you know it Ifti Chach will be back and no I don’t rate Shan although atleast he doesn’t have the belly of a middle aged man which Abid Ali has, We all heard false hype behind Farhan, Talat when they came in Intl then we all saw what they really were.

37. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    I am not the only one who backs these three, you go to almost any Pakistani cricketing forum and these are the names you'll hear. Yes, there are and will always be failure, but its given. Even at one stage in his carrier Younis had many failure too, so whats the point? You dont stop investing in the players after few failures. Babar has been complete failure in Test, so does it mean we should stop investing in him? No, because we know that with time he will come good. He is one of our most complete batters we have. Also, Kholi had numerous of failures in his Test carrier earlier on, but BCCI continued to invest in him.

And I am sorry but I dont buy this argument of bring XYZ player too early in the team. Because of this old school mindset many of the players debut in their late 20's when they supposed to be established player. Our domestic structure is most weakest in the world and utterly rotten. There is not much these players will learn from it. All three already maintaining avg in 40's and data set isnt small. These players need to play more and more games with A team and whenever opportunity arise then should be given chance to play in dead rubber games in national team as well, because this is how you develop players.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
  38. s_h_a_f

s_h_a_f Whispering Death

Dec 26, 2011
    The guy backs average hacks. Don’t take he’s opinions seriously hehe.

‘Ahmed Shahzad can be the next Ricky Ponting”

-Mohammad Bilal

• Useful / Interesting Useful / Interesting x 1
    • List
  39. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016

Saud's 100 against few days ago against ZTBL

40. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016