"Parda aurat ka zaver hay", Shahid Afridi hits out at critics

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Del, May 18, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    LAHORE – In Shahzeb Khanzada’s transmisson on Geo, Shahid Afridi talked about his decisions regarding the women of his family.

He said “pardah aurat ka zevar hai”.

“I am a Muslim. I am a Pathan. My family has some values. I know what my daughters want to do. One of my daughters wants to join me in running my foundation and it is my desire as well, second wants to become a designer, third wants to go to the Army Public School and College.

“They like to play cricket but only at home. I allow my daughters to do whatever they want but indoor and wearing a veil as my religion teaches me that. A woman’s jewelry is her veil.

“I believe home is the school for children and parents are their teachers. Once their strong foundation is laid, they are able to differentiate between the right and the wrong, and understand that the correct path for them is to follow their parents.

Now he went on to say the following:

“I will definitely give my daughters the freedom to explore their talents. No girl in my Pathan family had made a speech on stage before, but my daughter did.

“I urge all to allow their children to do whatever they want as this is their talent and I always support that.”

https://timesofislamabad.com/18-May-2019/parda-aurat-ka-zaver-hay-shahid-afridi-hits-out-at-critics

2. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    This thread also has the potential.

Get ready for desi liberals.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  3. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Shahid Afridi. A king.

4. Fireworks11

Fireworks11 Kaptaan

Sep 22, 2012
    Well said. Deep line.

5. Hero

Hero Youngsta Beauty

Mar 18, 2019
    He's right. Also, Mard ka zaver taqwa aur buri nazr se ijtinab hai. There's room for improvement in everyone.

6. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
    Yaar agar Afridi ki betion ko issue ya koi harj nahi hai, phir log itni baatain kyun bana rehe hain?

Move on with your lives, there are more important things to worry about.

7. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Emerging Player

Apr 16, 2010
    lol @ “desi liberals”.

But then his daughters can wear those Nike Sporting hijabs and Swimming Burkinis to play outdoor sports if that makes the desi liberals happy?

8. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    Funniest part about desi liberals is that they are or at least act as biggest ambassadors of Freedom of speech yet anyone who disagree with them is ridiculed for being backward and belong from stone age.

Like seriously, im amused at the people worried about his daughters more than him and ridiculed Shahid for something which he as a father thinks is better for his daughters.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan

Apr 26, 2011
    Lala is 100% right and I second him.

10. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
    This has completely been blown apart. The book has created controversy and his statements are adding fuel to the fire.

In my life I have experienced that sometimes silence is lot better than talking/answering. By constantly making statements from I am a right conservative to pathan who won't allow his daughters to play outdoors sport to I am somebody who is a mixture of conservatism yet have allowed them freedom to explore their talents.

This issue would die down itself if he simply remains silent on it. Its a facepalm moment that he said it in the first place considering the fact that our women teams have repeatedly struggled from misogny,neglected, harassment e.t.c and then the reaction is even more a facepalm. And then His constant interviews to justify is another facepalm.

Be quite and let this issue die down. Considering the way our bowlers are being bashed in england and our political and economical woes believe me people will forget he ever said anything

11. saiyan0321

saiyan0321 Whispering Death

Oct 5, 2014
  12. Energy

Energy Cornered Tiger

Apr 22, 2012
    Completely agree. Excellent post.

13. ComradeVenom

ComradeVenom Tracer Bullet

Jul 24, 2012
    He should have refused interviews and photos with unveiled women during his career imo.

14. Mohsin

Mohsin Cornered Tiger

Feb 21, 2010
  15. Patriot

Patriot Kaptaan

Oct 8, 2014
    those women weren't part of his family were they ?

16. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    Good good, tabdeeli arahi hai.