PCB announces 23 Players invited for Fitness tests

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Gotham Cronie, Apr 4, 2019.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Gotham Cronie

Gotham Cronie Youngsta Beauty

Jan 14, 2015
    • Fakhar Zaman
    • Imam-ul-Haq
    • Abid Ali
    • Shan Masood
    • Babar Azam
    • Mohammed Hafeez
    • Shoaib Malik
    • Haris Sohail
    • Mohammad Rizwan
    • Asif Ali
    • Sarfraz Ahmed
    • Shadab Khan
    • Imad Wasim
    • Mohammad Nawaz
    • Yasir Shah
    • Faheem Ashraf
    • Shaheen Afridi
    • Hasan Ali
    • Usman Shirwani
    • Mohammad Amir
    • Junaid Khan
    • Mohammad Abbas
    • Mohammad Hasnain
    The national selection committee, following discussion with head coach Mickey Arthur, today invited 23 probables for the fitness test, which will be held at the National Cricket Academy in Lahore on 15 and 16 April.

The selection committee also confirmed the squad for the ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup 2019 will be announced on 18 April in Lahore. Time of the media conference will be confirmed in due course, while there will be no media engagements or activities from 15 April until the official squad announcement.

The Pakistan cricket team will depart for England on 23 April where they will play England in a series of practice and international matches, before entering the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 against the Windies on 31 May at Trent Bridge.

The following is the Pakistan cricket team’s schedule of England:

Series v England :

23 April – Departure for England

27 April – v Kent (50-over practice match) (d)

29 April – v Northamptonshire (50-over match) (d)

1 May – v Leicestershire (T20 match) (d/n)

5 May – v England (only T20I), Cardiff (d)

8 May – 1st ODI v England, The Oval (d)

11 May – 2nd ODI v England, Hampshire (d)

14 May – 3rd ODI v England, Bristol (d)

17 May – 4th ODI v England, Trent Bridge (d)

19 May – 5th ODI v England, Leeds (d)

ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 schedule:

24 May – v Afghanistan (warm-up), Bristol (d)

26 May – v Bangladesh (warm-up), Cardiff (d)

31 May – v Windies, Trent Bridge (d)

3 June – v England, Trent Bridge (d)

7 June – v Sri Lanka, Bristol (d)

12 June – v Australia, Taunton (d)

16 June – v India, Old Trafford (d)

23 June – v South Africa, Lord’s (d)

26 June – v New Zealand, Edgbaston (d)

29 June – v Afghanistan, Headingley (d)

5 July – v Bangladesh, Lord’s (d/n)

https://www.pcb.com.pk/press-releas...sts-and-squad-announcement-for-world-cup.html

2. KingOfDoosra

KingOfDoosra Sultan of Swing

Jun 8, 2012
    Umar Akmal really shot himself into the foot

3. Inswinger

Inswinger Tracer Bullet

Mar 6, 2010
    What are Yasir Shah and Abbas doing there? Why not invite Wahab and Zafar Gohar instead? Useless bunch.

4. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Pakistan will lose the first two games v WIndies and England, then win against Sri Lanka and lose against Australia again. So after 4 games we will have won 1 and lost 3.

The 5th game v India and the 7th game v NZ, we will will one of these games I feel.

6th game vs South Africa and the last 2 games v Afghanistan and Bangladesh, we will win.

So 5 out of 9 games won. NRR will come into play and Pakistan will either get kicked out or go onto the Semis (against England at Old Trafford).

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Kick Asif Ali out, Pakistan can't afford a hitter and plus I actually doubt his hitting because he hasn't even got a 15 ball 30 it's more 20 ball 30, yes hes a huge hitter but plays too many dots. Hafeez is much better as in he can hit for longer as showed in SA when he got a 50 ball 70 and he can give you tight overs.

6. Del

Del Cornered Tiger

Dec 21, 2016
    Only two puzzling names in that list, Yasir and Abbas, specially former. We all saw how inept and toothless he was in recently concluded series against AUS, where his counterparts Aussie were much better hands down. When I saw some highlighted then I could see how easily Aussies were toying him, so whats the point of his selection?

Why not pick Zafar Gohar? I would eve pick that kid Umer Khan ahead of him any given day.

7. iZeeshan

iZeeshan Tracer Bullet

May 22, 2012
    Why are we going to lose against West Indies? Why are we going to beat South Africa?

8. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Trent Bridge is a road, will suit West Indian batsmen. Also we are slow starters.

South Africa always get beaten by us in ICC tournaments. We're usually good at Lord's CG so that goes in our favour too.

I also said we may beat India in this World Cup. Purely because I think Kohli as a captain has the potential to be the first Indian to lose a World Cup game v Pakistan.

9. Dare2Dream

Dare2Dream Talented

May 4, 2010
    Why waste a spot on Yasir Shah, it makes no sense to even consider him for ODIs. Should have had Ukmal instead, as he may end up being needed if Hafeez doesn't recover. If they wanted a bowler as well, they should have had Rauf there.

10. Passionate Pakistani

Passionate Pakistani The Don

Jun 10, 2011
    I find it extremely hilarious that most of our wins are based on because we do well and because he has the potential to be first captain instead of talking about the real substance.

If youre going into WC with such mentality then Allah hi hafiz. I hope players dont have same mentality.. its beyond pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

11. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    Lol you are acting like we have a team of world beaters who should have the mindset of champions

We were beaten 5-0 against NZ and humiliated in the Asia Cup. Pretty sure if we played our first XI against Australia we would have also lost.

I'm just being realistic with our chances.

And no, most of our wins will not be due to the pitch conditions/someone having the potential to have an off day. We will win against Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Afghanistan because we are better than them. We will win against South Africa because we are on the same level as them, but the pitch conditions and history will suit us. That's 4 out of our 5 wins.

12. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    How are Pakistan and SA on same level ? Bizarre

13. KingOfDoosra

Jun 8, 2012
    We just played them, lost 3-2 on the decider. Could have gone either way.
    Played them in the CT 2017, won.
    Played them in the WC 2015, won.
    Played them in 2014 I think, lost again 3-2 on decider.
    Again in 2013, won 2-1 away.

Same level in the last 5 years.

14. Passionate Pakistani

Jun 10, 2011
    I think they tried most of their new players.. in fact it was a mixture. Anyways they are well above Pakistan on current form and ability. Youre living in a cave

15. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Abid Ali failed apparently. lol

Is this also Inzis fault?

Not his fault the guy doesn’t care about fitness, hear a lot about skill however truth is truth, Pakistan lost first two games because of bowling and last three because of fielding, Australia uses one player to cover 1.5 times distance a Pakistani fielder will cover. If someone isn’t fit enough or doesn’t respect the guidelines then why should he be selected? I want to see a young, fit and lean Pakistan team it’s not like they will win the World Cup anyways, we have to do damage limitation for five years until the system starts giving us players otherwise we won’t win anything with guys like Abid and it will set a bad example for the younger lot same goes for Imam, Imad and Sarfraz himself.