PCB Central Contracts 2020/21

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by PakistanZindabad!, May 13, 2020.

1. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012

Babar Azam officially named ODI Captain too

2. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    I don't get Azhar Ali and Asad Shafiq's retentions. Both should be dropped for good. Ridiculous decision to retain him as the Test captain. Shan Masood was not needed either in the contracts list, a mediocre batsman. Sarfraz Ahmed was not needed as well.

3. Don Quixote

Don Quixote Whispering Death

Nov 13, 2015
    Yasir Shah should have been excluded as well. Shadab is our main spinner for all formats.

4. Munna

Munna Moderator-e-Aala

Oct 4, 2014
    Good that no Amir, Malik, Hafeez, Wahab or any TTFLs

Surprised to see Abid and Rizwan in B. But seems more weightage has been give to test players and perhaps thats why Imad, Fakhar and Imam find themselves in the lowest category contract.

Overall, not bad tbh

5. Mohammed Bilal

Mohammed Bilal Tracer Bullet

Jul 17, 2017
    Don't see why Sarfraz should be there.

6. Red Devil

Red Devil Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Dec 15, 2013
    I think Hasan should have been retained instead of Shinwari tbh.

7. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
    I think Amir should’ve tbh
    I get the retiring from tests thing but give him credit for what he has done, he was a beast in the last World Cup for us and in LOIs him and Shaheen Shah as a combo is mouthwatering. At least give him a C contract

8. maddgenius

maddgenius Fantasy Draft Wins: 4

Oct 6, 2014
    Amir should have been there in C category

9. Choi Saab

Choi Saab Smooth Operator

Oct 4, 2014
    Harsh to drop Amir, he should have been given a 'C' contract at least if PCB wanted to hammer the point that test take priority home.

Wahab and Hasan are justified. Wahab doesn't really have a future left and Hasan has been out of action for a long time.

Not sure why Azhar is 'A', just because he is the test captain? But his performances sure don't meet the criteria, if there is one generally for the contracts.

I get that they want to reward test cricketers but do Shafiq, Haris meet that criteria? Surely not.

Masood and Abid Ali should have been 'C' at best as Masood only has one good series to boot and Abid is only starting off yet.

Sad to see Sami Aslam is not in contention anymore.

Good to see Babar and Shaheen rewarded. Nice to see Naseem, Haider and Hasnain in the plans.

10. thair9999

thair9999 Youngsta Beauty

Oct 17, 2010
    Overall not bad. Although Shinwari makes no sense. Seems Sarfraz's days are numbered as well, most probably he will be part of Test only. Exclusion of Amir is justifiable, he can be included in ODI and T20 per series basis.

11. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    Not sure about Babar as captain.

Ideally you want your best player to focus on their game and develop as per the future.

.... But I suppose there really is a dearth of captaincy options, which is worrying as I don't think burdening Babar with the captaincy is ideal.

Was never a fan of him as T20 captain as well.

12. PakistanZindabad!

Sep 29, 2012
    Pretty much agreed with everything you said
    Only things that were good is that Shaheen and Babar are deservedly A contracts
    Honestly Amir not having a contract is just ridiculous to me ffs he is probably out most clutch player I really hope they aren’t thinking about not having him in for the T20 cup whenever that is

13. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

ShokoTolo_LoloMoto Talented

Apr 16, 2010
    Iftikhar and no Fawad Alam?

Misbah needs to be sent to jail for life.

14. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Amir back stabbed PCB and they gave it back to him.
    Perhaps PCB should've never paved way to bring him back into the national team after the ban.

15. Choi Saab

Oct 4, 2014
    I don't think they'll drop Amir, the pressure from media and fans alike will be unbearable and Amir is known to perform when ICC tournaments take place.

I think this is a 'loud and clear' message from PCB, to stop any further players favouring LOI's over test although they clearly were harsh in doing so.

Thing is that whole thing was overblown, yes Amir's decision was a surprise and he does owe the PCB and Pak cricket in general a lot more, but 5 years off was never going to serve his bowling body well at all and it was a matter of time before he withered away in tests. Wahab's decision was not a surprise, guy is in his mid 30's, has given his all already and chose to focus on his longevity, not sure what more what expected from his as he was pretty much out of the team plans anyway.

16. ASLI-PATHAN

ASLI-PATHAN Cricistan Khan Fantasy Draft Wins: 1

Apr 26, 2011
    What the hell is Sarfaraz doing there?

17. ShokoTolo_LoloMoto

Apr 16, 2010
    Exactly!

18. MNA

MNA Smooth Operator

Mar 11, 2015
    The 18-year-old bhola bhala village spot-fixing commoner being taken back in the team was more of a shock than him being left out of some contractual agreement.

So much for the leopard changing its colours etc etc...

19. Express Pace

Express Pace Cornered Tiger

May 11, 2012