PCB postpones appointment of new batting coach

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Ghaffar, Nov 28, 2012.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Ghaffar

Ghaffar Youngsta Beauty

May 6, 2010
    Pakistan Cricket Board defers appointment of new coach till South Africa tour in January.

LAHORE: The board has postponed the appointment of batting coach for the Pakistan tour to India which ends on January 7 and has decided that the coach will be appointed after India tour.

"The board will not appoint batting coach for India series as it has been decided to make the appointment for the South Africa tour that begins in third week of January," the source added.

A number of foreign and local candidates, including former captains Inzamam-ul-Haq, Zaheer Abbas, Basit Ali, Shoaib Mohammad and Salim Malik have either submitted their CVs for the batting coach job or have shown their interest publicly for the vacancy.

On the other hand, it has been decided to appoint former Pakistan fast bowler Waqar Younis as Director of the National Cricket Academy.

Chairman PCB Zaka Ashraf has shown keen interest in appointing Waqar Younis as Director of the National Cricket Academy for enhancing performance of domestic cricket in Pakistan, sources added.
    http://dunyanews.tv/index.php/en/Cricket/145878-PCB-postpones-appointment-of-new-coach-

2. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    Inzamam Ul Haq too said that Pakistan does not need a batting coach for India tour but rather for South African tour it is very essential.

My instinct are telling me that Inzamam Ul Haq might be the one who will be selected. He will be working in a camp which will be held next month and I feel PCB decision making team will scrutinize his work there.

I personally feel from the short listed names, Inzamam Ul Haq should be appointed due to his understanding of modern era of game and young batsman are most likely going to blend well with Inzamam Ul Haq rather than any of the other mentioned name.

3. Wistful Reminisces

Wistful Reminisces Banned

Sep 21, 2012
    I wonder if Yousuf should think of applying. His career seems over for now, I'm sure he could teach the boys a lot.

Inzi sounds like a great option!

4. PakistanZindabad!

PakistanZindabad! Cornered Tiger

Sep 29, 2012
    I disagree that no batting coach should be in place for India, we saw in the World Cup what we could do against India and we all know it wasn't good enough.

5. Ghaffar

Ghaffar Youngsta Beauty

May 6, 2010
    Inzi can be a good coach BUT he should be allowed even to talk on the topic of "running between the wickets" ...........ha ha ha.

6. Cover Drive

Cover Drive Talented

Apr 13, 2012
    I don't think so, whilst Mohammad Yousuf is a legendary batsman but teaching, is not in everyone's cup of tea. In order to bea good teacher, you need to be a good communicator and I detest saying this but Mohammad Yousuf does not seem to possess good communication skills.

We have seen lack of his communication skills have haunt him in past.

7. Desi_Joker

Desi_Joker Tracer Bullet

Jun 18, 2012
    I hope Inzy is not selected as coach.

He's another legend who's just trying to get back into the limelight. I would put him in charge of the national academy or a domestic side for a season or two before even considering him for the job of the national team.

Remember, a great player doesn't always make a great coach.