Perspectives thus far from RBS CUP

Discussion in 'Cricket Talk' started by Big Daddy, Mar 6, 2010.

Users Who Have Read This Thread (Total: 0)

1. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    The standards over all are appalling. The myth about Pakistan having outstanding talent is ridiculous. Kamran Akmal with all his butter fingers is the best keeper we have on a total package level. Mohammad Salman, Sarfaraz, are a non factor. Mohammad Navid has been a highest wicket taker in domestic tournaments is total crap. We saw how washed up cricketers on international stage, Latif and Shahzeb, ate him up. Sami who leaks more runs then a tube well on steroids, keeps himself for the last 12 overs to bowl his quota of 4 overs and comes good also. Fielding is absolutely nothing to take home. Batting merits around only those players that are playing for Pakistan right now, mostly the show was inapt which just became more and more ridiculous. One questions what the academy is really doing? Is it just prepping currently contracted players, or are they even harnessing future talent. In the last 10 years, which talent has come from the academy from ground zero?

The only illuminatis that I think need to be celebrated are Aizaz cheema, Umar Amin, Khurram Manzoor , Hamad and Raza Hasan , Sohail Khan and to some extent, Hasan Raza

2. Big Daddy

Big Daddy Emerging Player

Dec 21, 2009
    Not withstanding the howler in the play of game, Shahid Yusuf is a proper proper batsman. Should definitely play in Tests and One Days

3. ghulam35

ghulam35 Emerging Player

Feb 17, 2010
    Agree I remember when he was making bucks of runs for fun in the domestic seasons but never got selected. he is a good batsman, should be miles ahead of faisal iqbal, misbah ul haq, salman butt and imran farhat!

4. Bart

Bart Administrator

Dec 18, 2009
    and a good fielder too, I do agree apart from already known players there has not been an unknown entity which has staked a claim for big stage in the entire tournament and to make matters worse I think Hafeez is going to be recalled for the national side

5. Mercenary

Mercenary The Lone Wolf

Dec 17, 2009
    I'd disagree with you BD, I think there's a lot of talented players in the Pakistan domestic but not enough to fill 13 teams. Each RBS team has a squad of 20 players, that's far too diluted a talent pool.

There were 260 players available for selection during the RBS Cup and a minimum of 143 players on display during the games. There probably arent 143 world class cricketers in the whole world forget about just Pakistan.

6. AZK

AZK Emerging Player

Mar 3, 2010
    spot on, totally agree.

But the myth that "talented" players are being ignored due to nepotism has been shown to be unfounded, clearly the lads that are in the national team are the best we've got.